Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 15:31   #16
BHPian

To tell the truth - I didnt notice. I was too preoccupied when I drove last night. Will check tonight for sure. I do only city driving, so difficult to say.

But it does have those controls to move the beam up and down. I've seen that only on the Corolla and Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Fi Go. The green ghost looks good. How good are the headlights, I mean the spread and the illumination?
Old 20th April 2010, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Yes finally you got the green ghost, happy driving brix. If you want to open the boot from the key, press the button twice within 3 seconds .

Wiper fluid for front windscreen, press the right stalk like a ball point pen, into the stalk.

To activate the rear wiper, pull the wiper towards you, deactivate it push it back.
BT voice increase the volume and check.
also get neck and lumbar support pillows if you have pain.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 20th April 2010 at 15:47. Reason: additions
Old 20th April 2010, 15:44   #18
BHPian

Congrats Brix.
Wish you a happy and safe drive with Figo.
Your car looks great in Squeeze.
Squeeze is really an eye grabber - especially in bright sunlight (almost same as my Cocktail Green Beat).
I suggest you to go for dark tints - I had put Llumar film with 20%VLT and it goes really well with this green(check out my thread for pics).
Keep posting more with photos.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Yes finally you got the green ghost, happy driving brix. If you want to open the boot from the key, press the button twice within 3 seconds .

Wiper fluid for front windscreen, press the right stalk like a ball point pen, into the stalk.

To activate the rear wiper, pull the wiper towards you, deactivate it push it back.
BT voice increase the volume and check.
also get neck and lumbar support pillows if you have pain.
WoW - thats a lot of tips. Thanks.

I find the seats very comfortable. Much better than the WagonR. Like sitting in a sofa. I think your height is causing you to stoop probably.

It certainly gives a big car feel. Lots of glass and lighting inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Congrats Brix.
Wish you a happy and safe drive with Figo.
Your car looks great in Squeeze.
Squeeze is really an eye grabber - especially in bright sunlight (almost same as my Cocktail Green Beat).
I suggest you to go for dark tints - I had put Llumar film with 20%VLT and it goes really well with this green(check out my thread for pics).
Keep posting more with photos.
In bright sunlight it looks like some glazed green candy. In the night, its positively superb.
Yes I need to put tints. I'll check ur pictures. I've used Lumar on my WagonR and its of good quality.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:07   #20
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<But it does have those controls to move the beam up and down. I've seen that only on the Corolla and Innova.>>>

Now a days all cars have this as per new auto norms.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I finally made it. My baby was delivered yesterday(19-APR-2010). After endless talks with the RSM, dealership, Insurance people and TBHP - I finally got to possess my own Figo.

In the ongoing ritual of corny names for the Figo - I've christened mine as Green Ghost.
Brix, congrats! Looks like that 'vulnerable' sales lady didn't let you down. Green Ghost sounds corny alright, but I think Green Goblin or the Green Lantern might have been more corny. Not too late to change the name.

Quote:

@Captain Slow - I'll ask the Sales Cons about the Certificate.
There is no sales certificate in Chennai. I didn't get one for my Fiesta either.

Quote:
But it does have those controls to move the beam up and down. I've seen that only on the Corolla and Innova.
It's there in the M800 as well. Mandatory nowadays, but no one uses them.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Brix, congrats! Looks like that 'vulnerable' sales lady didn't let you down. Green Ghost sounds corny alright, but I think Green Goblin or the Green Lantern might have been more corny. Not too late to change the name.

There is no sales certificate in Chennai. I didn't get one for my Fiesta either.

It's there in the M800 as well. Mandatory nowadays, but no one uses them.
Ha ha - I thought of them too. But decided on Ghost finally.

Sales Cons did a good job for the dealership. I did the pushing for allotment all on my own. My own blood, sweat and tears.

No Sales Certificate - Hmm fine. Guess its only for Bangalore.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your ride Brix. Hope to see some reviews real soon!
Old 20th April 2010, 16:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

So as per the TBHP recommendation, what gift did you give the sales consultant?

I am pretty sure there is a green tint available in Garware but I think it might look weird on a green car. Take a look at it if you are interested.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:14   #25
BHPian

I followed one of the examples provided.
But at the cost of extreme ribbing from my wife and father. They thought it was a stupid idea. But it was a positive sign. Sales Cons are under extreme pressure too.

Green tint - no way. I was looking for a mild black/grey shade.
I'm awful at color choosing, I'll take my wife or sister to decide. My primary objective is to keep the car cool even under the sun.

I forget - which is a good place to do the tints. Reliable, punctual and priced correctly.

Quote:
So as per the TBHP recommendation, what gift did you give the sales consultant?

I am pretty sure there is a green tint available in Garware but I think it might look weird on a green car. Take a look at it if you are interested.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:36   #26
BANNED

Congrats Brix! Drive safe & have fun!
Old 20th April 2010, 17:41   #27
BHPian

Brix - congrats and welcome to the Figo club ! Your "green ghost" will turn many of your neighbors green with envy

I think you too are going through the same learning curve as me ! I though there was a problem with remote opening of boot, until gemi gave me the tip of pressing 2 times in quick succession. Same observation as mine about the sun visor being very close to head. But then I reduced my seat position to lowest and it is ok now.

The spare key without remote - that's a big concern indeed. The original one can be lost or in few years time, become unusable..Then what we will do ??
Old 20th April 2010, 17:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Brix. Drive safe & have fun
Old 20th April 2010, 17:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My primary objective is to keep the car cool even under the sun.

I forget - which is a good place to do the tints. Reliable, punctual and priced correctly.
If you are going to keep your car parked under the sun for long periods, getting a windscreen film might make sense too. I have Garware in mine (not on the windscreen) and it's the most VFM film out there. I got it done at MPL itself. I have a medium grey and the pic is there somewhere on TBHP if you want to see. Specs will be similar to 3M etc.

If you are keen on 3M, get it done at Balaji Car Care in Teynampet. They are 3M's official distributor in Chennai as well. I got my car's paint protection second service done there yesterday and they did a good job. In fact, even if you go through MPL, its the Balaji guys who will come there and do the work.

If you want Lumar, then you could visit Jeewajee at Anna Nagar.

sanjayc has some exotic Huper Optik sunfilm. Apparently it's a top of the line film and rather expensive. You may want to ping him as well.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:

If you are keen on 3M, get it done at Balaji Car Care in Teynampet. They are 3M's official distributor in Chennai as well. I got my car's paint protection second service done there yesterday and they did a good job. In fact, even if you go through MPL, its the Balaji guys who will come there and do the work.
Balaji agencies gave me a quote of 4500 for RE35 windows and rear windscreen and 3500 for RE75 for front one, also there is CR70 for Front that is 6k for front alone.

For Lumar, there is an agency in Kasturi Ranga road, haven't checked it out yet?. It should be around 3500 for rest, will check it and let you know.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 20th April 2010 at 18:16. Reason: deletion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks