Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 13:51   #91
BHPian

I think its best to follow Tankfull to tankfull method to calculate the FE.
Also, the DTE fluctuates with the most recent driving updates ie if you are stuck in traffic and idling, the DTE figure changes
Old 13th May 2010, 14:16   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Oh! MY GOD! Mine is always somewhere between 620 and 650!!!
Is the fuel tank capacity the same on all the cars in question?
Old 13th May 2010, 15:51   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Oh! MY GOD! Mine is always somewhere between 620 and 650!!!

Do you think it could be some problem?
I dont think its a problem, its coming like that in all figos. I will have to check, i think once you also got a reading of 800+ , did you not?

@ben: The fuel tank capacity is the same ie. 45L

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th May 2010 at 15:52.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I dont think its a problem, its coming like that in all figos. I will have to check, i think once you also got a reading of 800+ , did you not
Never. Even the maximum trip meter+DTE readings have come to just around 730 once. But then it drastically fell down and finally i got an F.E of around 13km/l i think.

I dont understand how ford did not get to know about this after so many claimed tests before the Figo launch. Dont you think something went wrong terribly? A variation of around 12km/l among users at different conditions is quite too much to be ignored.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:30   #95
BHPian

Here's the Accessories list from MPL Ford, Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-figoaccessorieslist.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 21:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Brix. DO i see a increased price for the fog lamps and the front chrome grill. More than the earlier one shown. With these things being made in chennai the price should have been lowest at chennai right!!
Old 15th May 2010, 10:11   #97
BHPian

I dont think they are made in Chennai. Must be sourced from places like Noida. Accessories always come from there mostly.

Quote:
Thanks Brix. DO i see a increased price for the fog lamps and the front chrome grill. More than the earlier one shown. With these things being made in chennai the price should have been lowest at chennai right!!
Old 15th May 2010, 19:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
this time on a Ford Figo Titanium which I should be taking delivery either tomorrow or the day after..
Oh! We seem to be having similar combination!

Quote:
so much so that by the time I reached Nanjangud (another 80-90 kms), my FE indicator had gone up to 20.6 !!
See what I got:

Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-image_053.jpg
That is exactly 38 minutes after my start from home with a 0 after tank full reset. That would be after approximately 35kms of running.

Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-image_054.jpg
This is how it was when I parked it when it had run 83kms. The 22.2 is correct, but the picture was taken when we were about to start from there. It came to 21.8 in its update about 30 seconds later.

Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-image_012.jpg
This is what my Scanguage reported for the Figo for 81kms, the roads were same as the Manza trip. Please note that it is in miles per litre and so it is 22.24 kpl.

All this was with AC and wit me alone in the car. The only economical aspect would be that I never exceed 70kph in my Kerala drives.

The distance travelled is from my house to a town called Kollam along the NH47.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Oh! We seem to be having similar combination!
Yes - quite an interesting combination

In my case I expect to use the Figo much more often from now on - I took delivery of it on Thursday. Mine is a colorado red Titanium TDCi.

Quote:
This is what my Scanguage reported for the Figo for 81kms, the roads were same as the Manza trip. Please note that it is in miles per litre and so it is 22.24 kpl.

All this was with AC and wit me alone in the car. The only economical aspect would be that I never exceed 70kph in my Kerala drives.

The distance travelled is from my house to a town called Kollam along the NH47.
That's very good numbers indeed, and I think the key point there is in driving with a light foot.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting FE numbers anywhere near those on a regular basis - When stuck in slow traffic on the highway, my natural instinct is to get in front of the slow "convoy" somehow or the other and that involves quite a bit of downshifting and high RPM driving during overtaking. And it has been my experience that it does bring down the overall FE very drastically.

By the way, where did you buy the ScanGauge from ? And how much did it cost you ?
Old 16th May 2010, 19:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Yes - quite an interesting combination
In my case I expect to use the Figo much more often from now on - I took delivery of it on Thursday. Mine is a colorado red Titanium TDCi.
Congratulations. That colour is good too! Opted for Squeeze since the Manza was red. The Manza would me more of a family car and both would be sharing the school duty once school opens.

Quote:
That's very good numbers indeed, and I think the key point there is in driving with a light foot.
Except for the maximum speed, there was no light foot here. It was the time and traffic that helped. I am not getting those figures regularly and when I completed that trip it was down a lot.

Quote:
that involves quite a bit of downshifting and high RPM driving during overtaking. And it has been my experience that it does bring down the overall FE very drastically.
It would.

Quote:
By the way, where did you buy the ScanGauge from ? And how much did it cost you ?
It was ordered through Ebay Global buy and cost me 12000+ including customs duty.

If it is for testing, I can always send it to you. It does not work in the Manza or Nano, but works in the Marina.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:

See what I got:
Interesting pics doc - clinically examined.
Quote:

Congrats Kala !
Old 16th May 2010, 22:03   #102
BHPian

One more thing - I cleaned my Figo and my WagonR today, and I must admit - its not so hard as I thought. My driver was doing it all this years, and I found it a very relaxing experience. I'm going to do it every Sunday onwards.

Need to wax it though - where do I procure original Formula 1 wax in Chennai. I see that a lot of fakes are being sold. And what do I get - the liquid or solid?

Last edited by Brix : 16th May 2010 at 22:07.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:28   #103
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Brix - Try in Xenos or any of the Maruti Dealers. May cost more but they are genuine.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Interesting pics doc - clinically examined.
I ended up with a 19.59kpl for that run, eventually. Thanks.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:10   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Congrats Kala !
Thanks Brix.. I haven't driven my Figo much in the past 4-5 days. Only very short runs in the city so far. Plan to do a highway trip during the weekend, so will report back on the FE I can manage.

Quote:
I ended up with a 19.59kpl for that run, eventually. Thanks.
That's pretty good too.. I know the Alleppey Kollam NH, and if you can get 19.5 on that stretch, you should certainly get more than 21 on a more open highway with sparser traffic (with the right kind of driving of course). When you said that the figures went down quite a bit later, I thought you must have eventually ended up with something like 17 or 18

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks