Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 09:46   #76
BHPian

In the carz spa brochure, notice that it is tuff-lon wax and not teflon - is this some kind of typo error? or another misleading stuff w.r.t teflon?
Old 7th May 2010, 16:02   #77
BHPian

Better to call and ask. The guy at the desk was a Mr.Wilson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
In the carz spa brochure, notice that it is tuff-lon wax and not teflon - is this some kind of typo error? or another misleading stuff w.r.t teflon?
Old 7th May 2010, 17:11   #78
BHPian

I think it is teflon, the material; tuff-lon may be a brand!
Old 7th May 2010, 17:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I think it is teflon, the material; tuff-lon may be a brand!
Actually Teflon itself is a brand name owned by Du Pont - the actual material is called PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene). But like the word "Xerox" for photocopies, Teflon has more or less become a synonym of PTFE now
Old 12th May 2010, 17:05   #80
BHPian

Refilled the tank today. According to my gross calculations, the mileage is around 12.3kmpl. 100% city driving with AC on about 90% of the time.
Hope it gets better, but seeing the current trend, I have to be satisfied with this.

Another thing - I got a Coral windshield yesterday.

OK - that's not a typo. When I was turning at a signal near my place, under a flyover, some bugger from a bus spat out paan. And it sprayed all over my windshield. Disgusting, but had to wipe it nevertheless.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Refilled the tank today. According to my gross calculations, the mileage is around 12.3kmpl. 100% city driving with AC on about 90% of the time.
Hope it gets better, but seeing the current trend, I have to be satisfied with this.

Another thing - I got a Coral windshield yesterday.

OK - that's not a typo. When I was turning at a signal near my place, under a flyover, some bugger from a bus spat out paan. And it sprayed all over my windshield. Disgusting, but had to wipe it nevertheless.
I get similar mileage in City, however took a drive to ECR and the mileage does improve based on DTE estimate, will know when i fill her up again.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:16   #82
BHPian

I think the DTE mileage is excess for me. When I refilled today, it showed 586km for 36.8lts of fuel. That's a mileage of 15.9 !!!

I'm going to stop worrying about things not in my control. I think so far I'm going by the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
I get similar mileage in City, however took a drive to ECR and the mileage does improve based on DTE estimate, will know when i fill her up again.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the DTE mileage is excess for me. When I refilled today, it showed 586km for 36.8lts of fuel. That's a mileage of 15.9 !!!

I'm going to stop worrying about things not in my control. I think so far I'm going by the book.
Did you top up the tank? Then in that case the FE is 586/45 which is 13. Do a tankful to tankful calculation by resetting the trip meter to zero after the first tankful.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:16   #84
BHPian

Blooper. Sorry, divided it by 35 instead of 45. (WagonR is 35).

Yeah - so I guess the DTE is more or less correct for me. Around 13.

Good idea, I forgot to use the tripmeter. Thanks Gilead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Did you top up the tank? Then in that case the FE is 586/45 which is 13. Do a tankful to tankful calculation by resetting the trip meter to zero after the first tankful.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:57   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to put on record. The reported Figo D City mileage is DEF low in comparison to the Ikon and Fiesta TDCis.

Has anyone seen a DTE figure of 720 for a full tank in a Figo D? I have seen it in 2 Fiesta TDCis.
Old 12th May 2010, 21:43   #86
Senior - BHPian

I think any FE numbers reported needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as it depends a lot on the traffic conditions, the way you drive as well as the quality of fuel. I made at least 4 to 5 long trips in a Tata Manza in the last 4 months, and always used to get something like 17 to 18 max. Went on a trip to Wayanad last weekend in the same car and tried to drive "differently" on the Mysore - Kalpetta stretch, with a much softer foot and keeping a steady speed in the 80 to 120 range (in light traffic of course). Got 19.2 km/l as reported by the average FE indicator (I've found the readings on it to be fairly accurate when compared to the manual computations done post-facto).

On my way back I repeated the same exercise - and was getting approximately the same numbers from Kalpetta to S.Bathery (about 30 kms). Then filled up diesel at a gas station there, and immediately noticed my FE numbers climbing slowly - so much so that by the time I reached Nanjangud (another 80-90 kms), my FE indicator had gone up to 20.6 !! I guess it must have been something with the fuel I filled at that Gas station ! The traffic from Nanjangud till Bangalore was atrocious, and I became my normal impatient self (with a lot of down-shifts and quick acceleration to overtake slow moving vehicles) with the result that the FE had come down to 19.6 by the time I reached Mysore, and 18.1 when I reached Bangalore

Intend to repeat the same experiment in another 10 days over the same stretch - this time on a Ford Figo Titanium which I should be taking delivery either tomorrow or the day after.. Wil report the results here..
Old 12th May 2010, 23:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Blooper. Sorry, divided it by 35 instead of 45. (WagonR is 35).

Yeah - so I guess the DTE is more or less correct for me. Around 13.

Good idea, I forgot to use the tripmeter. Thanks Gilead.
Tell you what fill the tank and go on a long drive probably ECR or this side, drive for atleast 100 km you will see a marked increase in FE
Old 13th May 2010, 08:46   #88
BHPian

Today, I did the second tankful on my FIGO TDCI and the mileage came out to be 16.4 . This is city driving with 100% AC.

My drive is from Delhi to Gurgaon and back, and the traffic faced varies from light in the morning to heavy in the evening.

The car has done 580 kms and I am happy with the figures that I got. I guess its too early to form an opinion about the FIGO mileage.

I intend to do a highway trip soon. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:09   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Just to put on record. The reported Figo D City mileage is DEF low in comparison to the Ikon and Fiesta TDCis.

Has anyone seen a DTE figure of 720 for a full tank in a Figo D? I have seen it in 2 Fiesta TDCis.
When i fill my tank on my fusion TDCi, i get a DTE of above 800 always!
Old 13th May 2010, 13:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
When i fill my tank on my fusion TDCi, i get a DTE of above 800 always!
Oh! MY GOD! Mine is always somewhere between 620 and 650!!!

Do you think it could be some problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks