Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 13:13   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic

Hey np23 nice to see that you are enjoying your car. My sister is planning to change her lancer with either the vento or the cruze automatic. The cruze works out to be almost 6L costlier. Since you have driven yours for 10k kms what will be your suggestion/pick between the two?
Also what is the average FE figures you are getting with city driving?
Anything else you want to recommend?
Old 21st February 2011, 10:56   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey np23 nice to see that you are enjoying your car. My sister is planning to change her lancer with either the vento or the cruze automatic. The cruze works out to be almost 6L costlier. Since you have driven yours for 10k kms what will be your suggestion/pick between the two?
Also what is the average FE figures you are getting with city driving?
Anything else you want to recommend?
It depends totally only your sister as if she wants only a change from her lancer then I would suggest you go for the Vento Auto or maybe the City AT which has a better auto tranny according to reports (I haven't driven the vento automatic so cant compare) but if she wants to upgrade then Cruze AT is an extremely good choice.
It is a diesel,a segment aove,bigger dimensions,looks better to me personally and has a lot of features plus the transmission is very good.

Cruze is better to drive but still 6Lacs is a big amount and if only your sister will be using it she might aswell buy a Vento plus an i20 as for her personally Vento should meet the requirements unless she's a total auto freak and wants an extremely quick and peppy car.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:52   #183
BHPian

Bhpians as I had mentioned earlier about new features coming up on the LT model,though I dont have any information on that yet but as I had also read in some post that a new colour (grey) is coming up,today I saw the new colour and am attaching the picture below.
It looks good but not as good on the civic according to me.

Here are the photos as mentioned above.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-img00965201103021553.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-img00964201103021552.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Next time, infraction. Do NOT post back-to-back messages. Use our multi-quote or edit features instead.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:36   #184
BHPian

Awesome colour.. and its my fav colour for cars. Chevy is pulling at my heart strings.

What are the new features in the LT and is there an increase in price as well?
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:51   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

The new color on Cruze, Steel Grey looks good. But, I still vote for Olympic White and Black as the best colors in Cruze
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:08   #186
Team-BHP Support

Personally I think Diamond White looks best on the Cruze with alloys which are of a similar grey of the car above. It will just look awesome. And the new additions of black interiors, and bluetooth especially make it a great deal.
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Personally I think Diamond White looks best on the Cruze with alloys which are of a similar grey of the car above. It will just look awesome. And the new additions of black interiors, and bluetooth especially make it a great deal.
I completely second your thought,and feel that it would look extremely good with grey alloys (similar to the ones available for the aveo) but personally inspite of grey being one of my favourite colours it dint look that great to me on the cruze.
Sir are you sure about bluetooth connectivity ?
And sir hows the V6 doing??
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:06   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I completely second your thought,and feel that it would look extremely good with grey alloys (similar to the ones available for the aveo) but personally inspite of grey being one of my favourite colours it dint look that great to me on the cruze.
Sir are you sure about bluetooth connectivity ?
And sir hows the V6 doing??
I read about bluetooth in another thread here. I think a member who just bought a white Cruze.

The V6 is doing just fine, you can check my thread for updates.

What sir and all
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
I read about bluetooth in another thread here. I think a member who just bought a white Cruze.

The V6 is doing just fine, you can check my thread for updates.

What sir and all
ok...I have'nt heard about it though (bluetooth).
Good to know the v6 is rocking..(off to your thread now)
NO sir

Quote:
I read about bluetooth in another thread
You were absolutely right about bluetooth being added,today I went to the chevrolet showroom to have a look at the refreshed cruze and they told me that they delivered one last evening only and only had the grey interior cruze's today,I asked them what all are the changes:-

LT model :-
price increase Rs 20,000
all black interiors
auto climate control
illuminated vanity mirror
audio control on the steering

LTZ model:-
price increase Rs 15,000
all black interiors
illuminated vanity mirror
USB port instead of 6 CD player(now only single CD)
Bluetooth

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th June 2011 at 11:56. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:25   #190
BHPian

Dear fellow Bhpians,
We all know that the updated Cruze has been launched and the main benefit has been for the LT model by giving it certain essential features on the other side LTZ has been given illuminated vanity mirror,bluetooth,usb and autodiming rear view mirror apart from the auto dimming rear view mirror I dont mind missing any.
Can you guys please shed any information if it is possible to install the new auto dimming rear view mirror and if yes is it possible to get it done from Chevrolet/GM directly so that my warranty does not get void!

Thank you
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:28   #191
Senior - BHPian

@ np23 : Could you please update on what FE you have been getting? Actual, not as indicated by MID. Would appreciate your feedback.
Old 4th June 2011, 01:58   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Here are the photos as mentioned above.
Lovely colour on the vehicle np23. BTW were the pictures taken at the Saket sports club.
Old 4th June 2011, 18:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
@ np23 : Could you please update on what FE you have been getting? Actual, not as indicated by MID. Would appreciate your feedback.
Sir sorry for replying late as I was out of Delhi for a few days and that gives me a better chance to answer you question as I went to Sariska for 2 days and have just come back,the MID is showing 12.7kmpl and I will get it refueled tomorrow and give you the exact FE however in general I get about 7.5- 8kmpl where the MID shows about 8-8.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Lovely colour on the vehicle np23. BTW were the pictures taken at the Saket sports club.
Thank you I never liked this colour intially though my dad liked it and suggested me to go for it and no this is the Jasola Sports complex

Last edited by v12 : 4th June 2011 at 18:45.
Old 9th June 2011, 19:42   #194
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians

I have completed one year with my blue beast and it has been an incredible journey till now to say the least and I touched 15000kms on the day it turned 1 (As if it was all planned).
The car has stood up at all occasions and has always returned a smile on my face however like every car the cruze also has a few - points along with numerous + points.

"-" points:-
1)The diesel clutter at idle is sometimes a bit loud though while on the move its super silent
2)I personally never expected a refreshed model to come up within 1.5 years of the cruze's launch and that too when it was doing so well (I so much wish my car had auto dimming inside mirror)
3)Though the interior space is pretty good and the high seating makes me feel more comfortable than in the civic but the colour of leather,plastic colour and high window line do make it look claustrophobic
4)Huge service cost (1k,5k,10k services were free) but the 15000km service cost me Rs13000/- which I don't think is reasonable inspite of it being a diesel and there being no major problem with the car.
5)Mileage only marginally better than my civic in city conditions (About 8kmpl)
6)Cant think of anyother negative.

"+" points:-
1)The engine is unbelievably quick,responsive and torquey
2)The looks (both in and out) are amongst the best in under 25 - 30 lakhs.
3)The features make you feel very special be it the PEPS,Cruise control(Used it extensively on my last trip to Rajasthan),steering mounted controls,MID,parking sensors,the list goes on...
4)The handling is incredibly good but now I used the stock JK vectras for only about 50kms on the first day and so I guess the handling is so good because the Continental CPC2s.
5)The ride quality is as good as it gets (neither as light as my civic nor as stiff as the germans)
6)Except for some diesel clutter at idle which is audible to the driver there is no noise at all(It's as quite at 215kmph as at 20kmph)
7)The torque convertor 6 speed auto box is a gem and handles the power and operates beautifully and I can vouch for this gearbox because my aunt has the captiva automatic which has the same engine and its gear box is poorer to say the least.
8)Excellent mileage of about 15kmpl on the highway.
9)The big Sunroof is another part which I love.
10)The built of this car is tank like to say the least just open the door or lift the bonnet to understand what I mean and it is a really special feeling while driving especially after driving the japanese Hondas for quite some time.
11)The list can go on and on.

Now reagrding the 15000km service for which I took the car today,though today being a working day there was not much rush and everything went by smoothly except for the billing part which I was expecting to be about Rs7000.

Here is a break down of the bill:-
Parts:-
1)Consumable for service ->Rs 89
2)Air filter ->Rs 708
3)Oil filter kit ->Rs 556
4)2 wheight balance 30g ->Rs 30 *8 ->Rs 240
5)Screen wash ->Rs 36
6)Engine oil synthetic->6.50 Litres * 960 ->Rs 6240
7)Oil flushing ->Rs 612
8)Fuel treatment->Rs 400
9)AC nosel->Rs 270
Labour
1)Paid service ->Rs1100
2)Wheel alignment ->Rs 435
3)Wheel balancing->Rs 400
4)Labour->Rs 1282
Total-->Rs 12390 approximately.

Bhpians please comment on the same.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-img2011052900121.jpg  

Last edited by np23 : 9th June 2011 at 19:43.
Old 9th June 2011, 21:54   #195
Senior - BHPian

Great to see your car doing well. I was curious to see the break-up of your 13k, and sure enough, I think it's quite alright, considering that the major contributor to the bill (50%) is the cost of the synthetic oil. You could have saved some dough by buying it yourself and getting it done, but anyway that wouldn't amount to much methinks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks