Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 10:53   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks NP, i posted the same queries to all Cruze owners and had got similar response from all.

There is no stock of any cars hence there is no need to worry that it would be an old model as in HYD i have seen many LT's on road and also confirmed from dealer that the ration is 1 or 2:5 so LT's are selling as well

I am now almost confirmed that I will stick to same tyre configuration and just change them to CPC2's

I am super excited and just counting the days for its delivery which will be somewhere in early 4th week of this month.
I guess the LT sells less in Delhi and that is why I said so....Good to know the ratio is 1:2.5 in Hyderabadh.
My advice would always be for the same size configuration ,after 3 years or so once you change the tyres again then I suggest you can upgrade as the warranty will be over...
I am equally excited to read a review of the LT model.(Which colour?)
Old 10th July 2010, 14:05   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

NP23, Its going to be a Olympic White
Old 10th July 2010, 14:19   #123
BHPian

Quote:
NP23, Its going to be a Olympic White

The cruze looks an angel in olympic white according to me,do keep us updated with the developments uptil the delivery.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:35   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
The cruze looks an angel in olympic white according to me,do keep us updated with the developments uptil the delivery.
Absolutely. I agree

Btw, this morning, I was following a newly delivered Cruze ( Olympic White) this morning for almost 15kms. I deliberately followed it to check out how the car looks in motion and i can tell you its one heck of a good-looking car.

But, i was slightly disappointed when this guy who was driving was accelarating there was quite a bit of smoke coming from the back. And, he was pedalling to the metal and i had to make an effort to catch up with him.

Is that normal? I mean for 4-cylinder newest engine with VGT etc. It shouldnt be the case. Right?

Do you also experience excessive smoke while hard accelaration?
Old 13th July 2010, 23:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. I agree

Btw, this morning, I was following a newly delivered Cruze ( Olympic White) this morning for almost 15kms. I deliberately followed it to check out how the car looks in motion and i can tell you its one heck of a good-looking car.

But, i was slightly disappointed when this guy who was driving was accelarating there was quite a bit of smoke coming from the back. And, he was pedalling to the metal and i had to make an effort to catch up with him.

Is that normal? I mean for 4-cylinder newest engine with VGT etc. It shouldnt be the case. Right?

Do you also experience excessive smoke while hard accelaration?
You followed someone else for 15kms?& I used to think I was mad and super excited about my cruze and took a test drive from all showrooms in and near delhi

I have never seen what is the colour of smoke when I accelerate hard.It meets BS IV norms so you dont need to worry about excessive smoke according to me but yes my driver showed me a cloth with which he cleaned the silencer pipe and it was jet black so I guess you are right but there is no need to worry.
Any update from the showroom guys regarding the delivery??
Keep calling them every 3-4 days just to remind them that you have not slept after booking and you want the delivery ASAP as else we are well aware of how showroom guys at times give cars to people who book later at a full down payment !!
Old 14th July 2010, 12:46   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any update from the showroom guys regarding the delivery??
Keep calling them every 3-4 days just to remind them that you have not slept after booking and you want the delivery ASAP as else we are well aware of how showroom guys at times give cars to people who book later at a full down payment !!
I think it should arrive around July 25.

And, they also said they "may" spring a suprise by calling me before as well.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:27   #127
BHPian

Quote:

And, they also said they "may" spring a surprise by calling me before as well.
HOpe they actually give you a surprise call ASAP but even if you go by the 25th then also you are just left with 10 days to go.
How many dealerships do you have in Hyderabad & Secunderabad?
Old 15th July 2010, 11:35   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How many dealerships do you have in Hyderabad & Secunderabad?
Orange Auto : 3 Dealerships in different part of city
Kun Chevrolet : 3 Dealerships in different part of city
Old 15th July 2010, 12:08   #129
BHPian

I've been silently following this thread to know of the beast arrriving at Avi's doorstep .

I'm sure the way Avi looks after his cars , people will be wondering if he's got the same white Cruze or not cause his will look bling ....... what with all the waxing and polishing exercises he does so religiously lol .

Monsoon drive to the beaches - this is the highway christening for this stonker . What a way to start!

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 15th July 2010 at 12:10.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:18   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I've been silently following this thread to know of the beast arrriving at Avi's doorstep .

I'm sure the way Avi looks after his cars , people will be wondering if he's got the same white Cruze or not cause his will look bling ....... what with all the waxing and polishing exercises he does so religiously lol .

Monsoon drive to the beaches - this is the highway christening for this stonker . What a way to start!
Hey Arun, that's mighty nice of you to say that

Yes, hope to make it gleam similar to my Viva and i am still not sure if it would be a good idea to take it to Goa so soon after delivery as roads will be totally beaten up due to monsoons. So i may refrain from abusing my monster ( even if monsters are supposed to be abused)
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:

And, they also said they "may" spring a suprise by calling me before as well.
Heyy Avinash ,
what is the update on the delivery ?
I really hope you are gtting it day after.
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:17   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heyy Avinash ,
what is the update on the delivery ?
I really hope you are gtting it day after.
My White Annihilator has already arrived yesterday to Hyderabad

I went and checked it at the showroom. I checked the chassis number and other details thats on side panel of passenger seat. It says FA

F= June'10
A= 2010

The odo mileage shows 19kms. Is that fine?

Please confirm if my understanding is correct? Let me know what else should i check before taking delivery?

I should be taking the delivery either on Tuesday or Wednesday according to my mom's recommendation
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:57   #133
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mobike008,

Do post pics once you take delivery. 19 kms on a new car is OK, do ensure that it is not converted to a higher figure by the car being used as a test mule. Use the Tbhp pdi check list prior to delivery/registration.
Old 25th July 2010, 11:37   #134
BHPian

Quote:
My White Annihilator has already arrived yesterday to Hyderabad

I went and checked it at the showroom. I checked the chassis number and other details thats on side panel of passenger seat. It says FA

F= June'10
A= 2010

The odo mileage shows 19kms. Is that fine?

Please confirm if my understanding is correct? Let me know what else should i check before taking delivery?

I should be taking the delivery either on Tuesday or Wednesday according to my mom's recommendation

Great to know that your car has reached the stickyard.
19 kms is just about fine and now get the car as soon as possible. And your car was manufactured last month only though I got a car which was manufactured in the same month.
Drive it home and write a review quickly buddy. Cheers!!
Old 14th August 2010, 11:16   #135
BHPian

Friends
I have to tell you all a bad incident ;
Last week when I was driving to college my cellphone rang and for a second I looked down and in the meantime the Auto guy applied brakes in the middle of the road to get more passengers (All Delhites know how NOIDA auto guys are!!!) and by the time I realized I banged my car into it at a speed of about 40kmph.I got out to see the damage and my front bumper was literally pierced as the auto had a metal/steel rod to protect its bumper.As the auto has its engine in the back ;his auto started leaking oil and he started saying that it was my fault..as I dint want to create a scene over there I was more concerned with my car I gave hime Rs200 to get the oil leak repaired and gave him my number incase he occured more expenses.Then I straight away rushed to the Chevrolets Body shop which was just behind the Service centre and they had a fresh bumper in stock but they said it will take 1 day as they had to [aint the bumpers (They get all black bumpers from the factory) but I wanted to get the work done there itself.I saw another cruze of the same colour over there with no bumper and after having a word with the workers I got to know that this car had come 7 days back from a major accident and was to be delivered today(HIs radiator'both front grills,Lights,Bonnet and bumper were replaced) but the bumper had not been put on it yet though it was ready ,then I went to the Vice president of the Service Department who was a sikh and I knew how to convince him in Punjabi.It went like this:-
"Me:Good morning Sir
VP:Morning,yes what is the matter.
Me:SSir aaj main college jaa rea see te ek auto which gaddi lag gai eliye bumper change karana see.
VP:Theeke hain koi gal nahi tussi gaddi kal lelena
Me:Sir mainu kal Dada de kol Chandigarh jana hain te mere kol duji gaddi swift hain te main ude che highway pe nee jana chaunda.
VP:Sanu tauda kaam aaj karan wich koi raulla nee hain par bumper ne paint karke sukhanleya 1 din lag janda hain
Me:Sir taude kol ek hore cruze hain jo 7 dina to khade hain te ude liye bumper tayyar ;usnu ek din hor rakh lo te mera kaam aaj hee karado
VP:(He confirms with his junior if that bumper is of the same colour and he said yes"
Me:Koi gal nee appan tauda kaam aaj he kara dende aan bas taunu PRIORITY LABOUR charges dene penge (1500 more).
Me:Thanewyad sir,really apreciate."
Now that bumper was to be put on my car ,now the next step was to check that if there was some internal damage but fortunately none (Thank god) and repeat what I always say that this car is a tank but on closer inspection they realized that even the lower grill was slightly damaged (One of the several cube designs in the grill was broken) and though there was no need to change it I decided to change it there and then.AFtre about 2 hours they replaced the bumper and grill and my car was BRAND NEW again and I was ready to go .I paid approximately Rs 8500 for the bumper,3000 for the lower grill,4000 regular labour charges and 1500 priority labour charges so in all about 17000.
Thankfully bith my ffront headlights and foglamps were perfectly safe and there was not a single scratch elsewhere on the car
I dint take the car to the service centre as it was running fine but the next morning when I was driving it there was a pothole on the road developed due to the overnight rain and suddenly my car lost power aand it was showing code 84.
I got very scared and called up GM helpline @30308080, they promised to give me a call back in 5 minutes and in 2 minutes I got a call back from the nearest service centre and he asked me the problem which I explained to him and the first question he asked me was did I have any collision from the front end recently and I told him that yeas my bumper was replaced recently 'he asked me not to worry and get the car to the service centre slowly.Over there he explained the whole story very convincingly .
He said when I collided with the Auto , the left turbo hose pipe got lose due to the impact and today due to a strong jerk due to the pothole it opened,he showed me the same and he said that since I dint take the car to a workshop and only took it to the body shop they couldnt see this pipe getting lose as this is just behind the radiator and they checked the radiator and all which was perfect,so he put the hose back properly and I was ready to go in half and hour.He reset the code error by connecting the laptop with the car.He asured me that this was the only problem and also did a thorough underbody check on my request for my assurance.
I was very impressed by Gms helpline and also the service centre.I was a bit scared ot take it in the highway now but have since then driven about 200kms on the expressway at very high speeds and regularly clocked 210kmph and now I am again very confident about this car.It rocks.
NOw I am going to Chandigarh on the 20th in this car and wll tell you my first actual highway experience with it.
I can safely ay that it is a very safe and great car or moresoever a HIGHWAY CRUISER
The first 2 pictures are of the danaged bumper and the 3rd one is of the car after the replacement ,he tied a ribbon again (LOL) which I have abviously removed now.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2010 at 10:20. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks