Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 11:44   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
congratulations np3 on the cruze! I saw your car in Atta Market couple of time some weeks back, with the red ribbon still intact. .. looks very hot.. Take her to the highways often to unleash its prowess!
Thank you very much but I think you saw some other car as I took my car to atta (GIP) only day before yesterday for the first time.
Do you remember on the 14th of May ,I stopped you at the Appolo hospital red light when I was driving my Swift.(So Hi again).
But yeah even though I think you saw some other car even mine looks very good
Quote:
7.3 kmpl is too less for a diesel heart. May be, after the run-in, it may improve. My civic gives not less than 12 kmpl, and its a petrol.. so, worth investigating the reason for its low mileage.

Happy revving!
I know 7.3 is less for a diesel and I hope it will increase.
It does not pinch me
1st point
because I own the civic and accord automatics which give me an average of 7 and 5 respectively.
2nd point.
I used to get my Swift's tank of about 40 Litres full for the same price as I pay for 60 Litres of Diesel in my Cruze.
3rd point
I never bought the cruze because I wanted a diesel,everyone in my family is a petrol head but I bought it because I simply love the car.

Sir once I get the 1st service done,lets catch up on the Gr. Noida expressway if its fine with you.

And happy revving for sure..
Old 15th June 2010, 11:50   #62
BHPian

@NST Thanks buddy.

@ikoneer .:-Thank you very much and I agree for the second part.

@ashish:-When my car gave an average of 7.3 kmmpl my MID was showing 8kmpl , but after refilling the tank and resetting the average Fuel efficiency and driving about 100kms my MID is showing an average of 8.7 already so I guess now its increasing .

I am yet to put my sunglasses from the swift to the cruze.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
:-

FIRST 2 photos are the cruze and civic comparo

while the 3rd is the Cruze rear legroom after the passenger seat pushed all back

while 4th is the Civic's rear legroom with the passenger seat pushed right back
Very interesting pics....good to have a comparitive study of the two cars, done in pictures.

Hows the ground clearance on the Cruze when fully loaded in the rear too?
Old 15th June 2010, 15:53   #64
BHPian

Hi np23- Congratulations on your purchase of Cruze AT. We had gone to see it at showroom at Navi Mumbai. Feature to feature its vfm as compared to Laura and beats it terms of power and torque, After sales , warranty stakes and thats what I liked about it . Attempted 4 times for a test drive and unfortunately till date no test drives arranged. Again got a call today confirming test drive on Thursday. Lets see.

Watching your updates and please, keep us posted. Could you please, share if you have tried full throttle as yet and what speed could you attain in it.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:07   #65

dear
Congrats for new car. It is one of the best in its category. I also consider it before buying SCORPIO as i don't like cars. And finally i bought Scorpio.But your choice is best as well.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:57   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one of the best threads for a head-to-head comparo between the Civic & Cruze.

Just looking at their pictures next to each other. The cruze looks way ahead in styling and much more muscular from every angle. Civic looks almost miniscule in front of it.

And, come to think of it there was a time i used to drool at every civic on the road and always use to compare its rear lights with a F-16 rear while taking off.

I am also slowly but steadily falling in love with the bow-tied beauty.

Wish they gave a bit more features in LT, would have picked it up without blinking my eyes even once.

Congrats on your Cruze NP and look forward to continous updates with pictures of your driving experience with this brutal diesel rocket
Old 16th June 2010, 20:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
Very interesting pics....good to have a comparitive study of the two cars, done in pictures.

Hows the ground clearance on the Cruze when fully loaded in the rear too?
Thanks Jacob.

The ground clearance looks to be pretty good even with 5 people on board and I did not scrape its belly even once though I am taking extra precautions while driving this beauty,but I guess I will be able to comment on it after some time only as 5 people sat in it only for about 6 kilometers on which the roads were quite fine.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Hi np23- Congratulations on your purchase of Cruze AT. We had gone to see it at showroom at Navi Mumbai. Feature to feature its vfm as compared to Laura and beats it terms of power and torque, After sales , warranty stakes and thats what I liked about it . Attempted 4 times for a test drive and unfortunately till date no test drives arranged. Again got a call today confirming test drive on Thursday. Lets see.

Watching your updates and please, keep us posted. Could you please, share if you have tried full throttle as yet and what speed could you attain in it.
Thank you buddy.I dont agree with you on the VFM part as the Laura trim with similar features is pretty pricier.This Cruze AT is of the same cost as what the Laura Ambient AT used to be with the (1.9) PD engine which had no features in comparison.Now the difference has only gone up but what you get in return is flawless interior quality but also a very faulty service network and support.
My uncle bought the Laura Ambiente 1.9 PD automatic in October and I only drove it from the showroom as he did not know how to drive an automatic then and as much as I liked the interior quality then ;the DSG + 1.9 PD engine combo put me off even then and now after owning the cruze it has made matters worse.1 important thing which I noticed while driving the Laura from the showroom back home was the huge irritating time lag after you press the accelerator pedal and the engine's delayed response which is irritating in bumper to bumper traffic.
Though I still believe Laura is an equally good car having its own positives as well.
I hope you get a test drive soon
Old 16th June 2010, 20:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is one of the best threads for a head-to-head comparo between the Civic & Cruze.

Just looking at their pictures next to each other. The cruze looks way ahead in styling and much more muscular from every angle. Civic looks almost miniscule in front of it.

And, come to think of it there was a time i used to drool at every civic on the road and always use to compare its rear lights with a F-16 rear while taking off.

I am also slowly but steadily falling in love with the bow-tied beauty.

Wish they gave a bit more features in LT, would have picked it up without blinking my eyes even once.

Congrats on your Cruze NP and look forward to continous updates with pictures of your driving experience with this brutal diesel rocket
Thank you sir.I am glad that you liked the pictures.
Even I feel the Cruze looks better but Civic is also good sir.According to me it is the only car on the roads presently which even after 4 years of its launch still turns heads.
Cruze is just about 6 months old in the market.

Even I hope they gave some features in the LT version as at about 13Lacs on roads it is simply irrestible but the lack of basic features like fog lamps,leather steering .etc coupled with the so-so interior quality make things worse for it.
Yesterday I took it to the Greater Noida expressway and let it lose while going though kept the revs in mind while coming back as I am yet to get the 1000km service done.

This is one of the most effortless perfomers I have ever driven,I was easily touching 180kmph without even realising it and guess what the RPM at 170kmph was at 2000k only.!!!!!!!!
I have clicked a few photos which are not of very good quality as I was alone in the car and so I will upload good HQ pictures which I will click on my next drive on the expressway.

While returning I took the car to 95kmph (The minimum speed on which the 6th gear can be engaged) and then put it on Cruise control for 20 kilometers and that was a real treat.
Old 17th June 2010, 23:17   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir.I am glad that you liked the pictures.
Even I feel the Cruze looks better but Civic is also good sir.According to me it is the only car on the roads presently which even after 4 years of its launch still turns heads.
Cruze is just about 6 months old in the market.

Even I hope they gave some features in the LT version as at about 13Lacs on roads it is simply irrestible but the lack of basic features like fog lamps,leather steering .etc coupled with the so-so interior quality make things worse for it.
Yesterday I took it to the Greater Noida expressway and let it lose while going though kept the revs in mind while coming back as I am yet to get the 1000km service done.

This is one of the most effortless perfomers I have ever driven,I was easily touching 180kmph without even realising it and guess what the RPM at 170kmph was at 2000k only.!!!!!!!!
I have clicked a few photos which are not of very good quality as I was alone in the car and so I will upload good HQ pictures which I will click on my next drive on the expressway.

While returning I took the car to 95kmph (The minimum speed on which the 6th gear can be engaged) and then put it on Cruise control for 20 kilometers and that was a real treat.
Great to see that update. 170kmph at 2K rpm is simply phenomenal

I drove it briefly but only in traffic and i didnt feel the turbo lag so much maybe because i love lingering in lower gears for longer time to feel the thrust ( i still love the thrust my pete'd Viva CRDi gives me in 2nd and 3rd gear)

If LT had Fog Lamps, Parking Sensor, Steering and Gear Knob Leather and Telescopic steering, its price ( in Hyd LT is 13.60 Lakhs and LTZ is 15.50 Lakhs OTR) would have made a lot of sense

I will continue to follow your thread and keep posting lots of pictures and do keep comparing it with the civic and it would be nice to hear it from someone who drives both regularly.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:27   #71
BHPian

Even I agree that 170kmph at 2k is phenomenal.
Even if LT variant had half of the above mentioned features it would have been some sense
when you get the civic mt at the same price with leather steering,auto climate control,telescopic and tilt steering and from next month cruise control will be available in S mt as well plus the smoothness of a petrol engine then why will anyone buy the LT version?
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:56   #72
BHPian

Friends I did my tankful again today and it gave me an average of 8.38kmpl.
It run 472.9km on 56.43 Liters of diesel.
Out of this 400km was in delhi traffic while the remaining 70km were on the greater noida expressway on which while going I ripped the car and touched 180kmph though while returning cruised @95kmph @6th gear.I am happy this has increased.
The MID was showing an average of 9kmpl.

Last edited by np23 : 23rd June 2010 at 20:00.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:50   #73
BANNED

Your Cruze seems to be giving lesser mileage than expected np. Check the review posted by Narendra_urs from Blore who is getting 12.2 kmpl in his brand new car as well.

I would suggest, observe it for a couple of more tanks and then begin diagnosis by changing the petrol pump(fuel station), driving more sedately and move from there.

Just my 25 naya paisa of thought.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:35   #74
BHPian

Hey
I got my 1st 1000km service done today and it was a relatively quick process and I was ready to go in 3hours.
They thoroughly washed and cleaned my car and since there was no problem reported by me so they just checked all the fluid levels ,topped up the washer fluids,cleaned the air filter and did a reset of the engine ( Dont know how this helps but it was just a 2min process,they attached a laptop to the car from the port next to the lever for opening the bonnet and after some command took it off in 2 minute).
I was back home quickly and have now started to rev her since the run in period is over.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:49   #75
BHPian

np23, I reciprocated what you too feel. I said 'Cruz' is VFM as compared to Laura as it(Cruz) has more power and torque and excellent features too at a lower price tag.

I got test drive. The test drive vehicle didnt enthuse me much. The sales person promised me to get a test drive of a less abused vehicle to get the real feel. I am waiting for one.
Waiting for your speed test report on AT.

Quote:
Thank you buddy.I dont agree with you on the VFM part as the Laura trim with similar features is pretty pricier.This Cruze AT is of the same cost as what the Laura Ambient AT used to be with the (1.9) PD engine which had no features in comparison.Now the difference has only gone up but what you get in return is flawless interior quality but also a very faulty service network and support.
My uncle bought the Laura Ambiente 1.9 PD automatic in October and I only drove it from the showroom as he did not know how to drive an automatic then and as much as I liked the interior quality then ;the DSG + 1.9 PD engine combo put me off even then and now after owning the cruze it has made matters worse.1 important thing which I noticed while driving the Laura from the showroom back home was the huge irritating time lag after you press the accelerator pedal and the engine's delayed response which is irritating in bumper to bumper traffic.
Though I still believe Laura is an equally good car having its own positives as well.
I hope you get a test drive soon
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks