Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 17:37   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
np23, I reciprocated what you too feel. I said 'Cruz' is VFM as compared to Laura as it(Cruz) has more power and torque and excellent features too at a lower price tag.

I got test drive. The test drive vehicle didnt enthuse me much. The sales person promised me to get a test drive of a less abused vehicle to get the real feel. I am waiting for one.
Waiting for your speed test report on AT.
I told this to you buddy!!
Glad to know you finally got a test drive though the vehicle was in a poor condition and this is unfortunately the case with most chevrolet dealers.
I took a test drive from 5 showrooms and only 2 had good test drive vehicles!!
The test drive car plays a very important role in the decision making process of everybody.
Trust me if you enjoyed the driving pleasure then dont think much about the car's overall condition just go ahead and book it as you will be getting a brand new car which you will have to maintain your self.
I will upload the few pictures which I took on the greater noida expressway in a little time.
I will be going tomorrow most probably to rip it as now I am done done with the run in.
Hope you get cruzing soon!!!
Old 29th June 2010, 18:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I told this to you buddy!!
Glad to know you finally got a test drive though the vehicle was in a poor condition and this is unfortunately the case with most chevrolet dealers.
I took a test drive from 5 showrooms and only 2 had good test drive vehicles!!
The test drive car plays a very important role in the decision making process of everybody.
Trust me if you enjoyed the driving pleasure then dont think much about the car's overall condition just go ahead and book it as you will be getting a brand new car which you will have to maintain your self.
I will upload the few pictures which I took on the greater noida expressway in a little time.
I will be going tomorrow most probably to rip it as now I am done done with the run in.
Hope you get cruzing soon!!!
If you are coming along the greater noida expressway, lets catch up.. would be great to test out your Cruze
Old 29th June 2010, 18:11   #78
BHPian

Hi friends it has been really good to see your response on this thread.I am attaching a few photos of when I took the car to the expressway

Please pay attention to the rpm levels along with the speedo.
It is very hard to believe this is a diesel!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-15062010511.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-15062010513.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-15062010514.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-15062010515.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 18:20   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
If you are coming along the greater noida expressway, lets catch up.. would be great to test out your Cruze

Hey I will definitely PM you if I come tom. or day after sir
Would be great to meet with you.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:12   #80
Team-BHP Support

buddy, was your foot on the accelerator or off it when you took the pics? the reason im saying is that as soon as you take your foot off the accel the rpm drops. i find those rpms a bit hard to believe.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
buddy, was your foot on the accelerator or off it when you took the pics? the reason im saying is that as soon as you take your foot off the accel the rpm drops. i find those rpms a bit hard to believe.
No sir these are pictures with a light foot on the pedal and not with my foot off the pedal.
These pics were clicked as soon as the auto tranny shifted into the 6th gear
Old 30th June 2010, 00:24   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No sir these are pictures with a light foot on the pedal and not with my foot off the pedal.
These pics were clicked as soon as the auto tranny shifted into the 6th gear
in the first pic i see you have manually selected 6th, and in the 2nd pic its in d. the speed is higher in the 2nd pic but the rpm seems the same.
Old 30th June 2010, 07:31   #83
BHPian

The power is just amazing, How is the turbo lag when u have to slow down and then pick up?

The floor mats in your car came as standard or you bought it extra? If you got it extra, how much did it cost?
Old 30th June 2010, 09:44   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
The power is just amazing, How is the turbo lag when u have to slow down and then pick up?

The floor mats in your car came as standard or you bought it extra? If you got it extra, how much did it cost?

There is virtyally no turbo lag,as when you slow down the tranny also downshifts quickly though there is one odd situtation sometimes when since you slow down but still are in the speed for specified the for the 6th gear then it takes less than 1/2 oof a second to shift and off you go again.

I boght the floor mats seperately.The showroom people charged me approximately Rs10,000 for a set of 4 foot mats, mud flaps,body cover.
After this I seperately bought the all weather PVC fotmats for about 1k!!!
When the car is selling well no manufacturer gives any freebies
and when its not they even offer you cashbacks!!!!
Old 30th June 2010, 09:50   #85
BHPian

Quote:
in the first pic i see you have manually selected 6th, and in the 2nd pic its in d. the speed is higher in the 2nd pic but the rpm seems the same.
In the first picture I had intentionally put the gearbox in the triptronic mode to see which gear was selected with a heavier foot, in the second picture I had put it back in the 'D' mode and was pressing the pedal lightly rather I actually just kept a very slight touch on it and I hope this explains why inspite of being at a higher speed the rpm level was the still the same sir..
Old 30th June 2010, 09:57   #86
BANNED

Hey np, one question here. The Cruze seems to be at 1500 rpm @ 100kmph but at 120, it seems to have come down?? Any clues to this?

Also, if it actually spins at 1500rpm at 100kmph, it could translate into a very lazy engine and phenomenal FE figures as well.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:32   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In the first picture I had intentionally put the gearbox in the triptronic mode to see which gear was selected with a heavier foot, in the second picture I had put it back in the 'D' mode and was pressing the pedal lightly rather I actually just kept a very slight touch on it and I hope this explains why inspite of being at a higher speed the rpm level was the still the same sir..
im hardly a sir . but buddy can you do one more thing if its not too much. can you take a video of you accelerating from 80-120? not on full throttle but normally. thanks alot.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:53   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey np, one question here. The Cruze seems to be at 1500 rpm @ 100kmph but at 120, it seems to have come down?? Any clues to this?

Also, if it actually spins at 1500rpm at 100kmph, it could translate into a very lazy engine and phenomenal FE figures as well.
+1.

Even i have the same question. Wont the RPM levels go up when your accelarating to a faster odo speed? Strange that it went down to 1400rpm from 1500rpm from 100kmph-120kmph.

NP, all said and done. Its just unbeilevable that this car is doing 160kmph and its at 2K RPM as i can see from your pictures below.

I am sure your grinning from ear-to-ear while driving this beast
Old 30th June 2010, 15:04   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

I just gave tthe same reply to akshay sir,
At 100 I was pressing the pedal harder and that is why the rpm is higher than 120 kmph as at 120kmph I was keeping a very light foot at the pedal.
& Lazy is the last word you can attach to a Cruze.With a light foot you cruze in a relaxed manner where as soon as you put more weight on the pedal it reacts immediately but the FE figures are not good at all.

Last edited by np23 : 30th June 2010 at 15:07.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
im hardly a sir . but buddy can you do one more thing if its not too much. can you take a video of you accelerating from 80-120? not on full throttle but normally. thanks alot.

kk so shall I call you BUddy!!
Ill try my best to get a video of that for you ASAP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks