Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 23:14   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Sir I am sorry but I tend to disagree, what I meant to say by stating 'Accord is Accord.....smile every time" was that it is from a totally different class and pulls more efortlessly,the Cruze makes you realize you are going fast but the Accord does not and that might be because of its size.
Cruze's acceleration thrill cannot be ignored but I feel it depends moreso on your mood at that point of time,if you are goin to office then you want to drive the Accord but when you are coming back home and want to zip through traffic then you will chose to cruze!!
All I meant by my earlier post was that the accel of the cruze was very insensitive according to me. That is also similar to you finding it heavier.

Both times I took the Cruze for a test drive while coming onto the main road from the dealership, there was traffic on the main road so i had to go forward a few feet at a time. Now I was pressing the accel the same amount as I would have pressed in my Accord to move in front, but in this car it was not moving. Then I realised I have to press it a bit more to get it to move those few feet. In my Accord if I had pressed it that much I would have been halfway onto the road and probably t-boned a couple cars by then.

Of course in no way am I saying the Cruze is a bad car or that this is a flaw. Just giving you an example of the different characteristics between the 2 cars.

BTW I really did like the pull of the Cruze even thought the auto box does make it seem much more linear. But I tend to disagree that when you want to zip you choose the Cruze, that may be in your case but then again I have a V6
Old 16th September 2010, 23:31   #167
BHPian

Ohh I guess I interpreted what you wrote differently and the final result is that we both have the same opinion about both the cars.
And no car is bad according to me, I feel every car excels in its own field
I really used to love the v6 but unfortunately when I bought the accord they had not brought in the v6 yet.
Cheers
Old 27th October 2010, 22:54   #168
BHPian

Advice needed.

Hi NP,

Enjoyed reading the entire narration, I am currently contemplating the Auto Cruze, but not sure what is really the trade off here, to make matters more interesting, the two local dealers i checked with, don't have a auto in the T/D cars, so i have had the pleasure of driving the manual, but not yet the one i like. I am hoping you have driven both.

Can you share with me the following, if you have had a chance to look at comparison.

1. Pick up - I loved this part, man she likes to move and cruze, what is difference here considering you drive an auto. Please share the trade off's on Manual Vs Auto.

2. City Driving - One of my biggest reasons to be looking for an auto, I did experience a while back in an old maruti, the experience was dismal, i may be looking at Apples and oranges, but would like your perspective on this, especially when you move the auto to manual mode.

Any thoughts on FE ? I have an estimated annual run of about 17K per year.

Your thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks -
Old 8th November 2010, 00:09   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi NP,

Enjoyed reading the entire narration, I am currently contemplating the Auto Cruze, but not sure what is really the trade off here, to make matters more interesting, the two local dealers i checked with, don't have a auto in the T/D cars, so i have had the pleasure of driving the manual, but not yet the one i like. I am hoping you have driven both.
Thank you ,Im glad you liked my review and I am sorry for replying late due to a very hecctic schedule
Quote:

Can you share with me the following, if you have had a chance to look at comparison.

1. Pick up - I loved this part, man she likes to move and cruze, what is difference here considering you drive an auto. Please share the trade off's on Manual Vs Auto.
If you drive both immediately you might find the manual cruze to a be just little but quicker but seperately the auto is hell fast (sub 10 seconds 0-100kmph time) and is it is an automatic it has very good in-gear timings as compared to the extremely slow figures of the manual version
Quote:
2. City Driving - One of my biggest reasons to be looking for an auto, I did experience a while back in an old maruti, the experience was dismal, i may be looking at Apples and oranges, but would like your perspective on this, especially when you move the auto to manual mode.
There's no question that the auto car is far better for the city especially considering the traffic in our cities and be rest assured will not be dismal at all .
As far as driving in triptronic mode is concerned I havent driven much in the manual mode and just took it to the manual mode a couple of times but its not as fast the dsg's triptronic according to my first experience
Any thoughts on FE ? I have an estimated annual run of about 17K per year.

Your thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks -[/quote]
Old 8th November 2010, 13:13   #170
BHPian

Thanks for your time np23, appreciatre the perspective on the car.

Any comments on FE, now that you have been with the car for a while.

Best
Old 8th November 2010, 13:18   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Thanks for your time np23, appreciatre the perspective on the car.

Any comments on FE, now that you have been with the car for a while.

Best
Fe i the only area where the cruze disappoints,it gives me about 7-7.5kmpl in Delhi traffic and gave me 14 (which is good) on the highway.I took it till chandigarh recently & I will write about my 1st highway trip with this car soon
Old 24th November 2010, 18:54   #172
BHPian

Friends I finally got a chance to take my Cruze on the highway and boy o boy it is impressive to say the least.I did not get a chance to drive it down to Chandigarh as I had gone one day before by train but the driver brought the car the next day and I drove it back to Delhi on NH-1.
The engine is super silent on the highway and the amount of torque available all across the powerband is simply phenomenal and the 6 speed gear box is tuned perfectly for highway driving as well along with city driving.
I touched a top speed of only 150 kmph on a few occasions as there was quite some traffic and it was getting late in the evening.
I will have to admit that this is the most enjoyable to drive of all the cars I own and whenever I will go out of town alone or with only my driver I will take the cruze though when all four of us will go I will take the accord because of the interior space.
It gave me a respectable fuel efficiency of about 13.5-14kmpl on the highway run.
Below I've posted a photo which I took when I stopped midway.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-img00024201008261828.jpg  

Last edited by np23 : 24th November 2010 at 18:56.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:59   #173
BHPian

I am lucky that I stay very near to the greater noida expressway and so I often get a chance to unleash the real power of this car and have touched crazy speeds on this car.The car is very stable and silent even at high speeds

Note from Team-BHP Support: NP23, appreciate you dont discuss high speed driving and post pictures of same on Team-BHP. Thanks for your co-operation

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th November 2010 at 13:08.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:52   #174
BHPian

Re: My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic

Dear TBhpians,

I would like to share with you my experience of driving the Cruze on the hills uptill Shimla.

As I had stated earlier this car is a highway cruise I would like to restate that fact because this car is actually so good and stable on the highway along with the potent engine complementing it that it ensures you always have a smile on your face.

The engine under the hood remains so silent and produces huge power even on the steep slopes enroute to Shimla which is at about 7000 feet above sea level,the automatic gearbox is perfectly tuned and always stayed 1 gear lower than the gear for the equivalent speed on the plain's highway and thereby ensured that humongous torque was always available.

The handling is extremely capable and the CPC2s just add to the feel,the tyres are very grippy and help in ensuring that the tail never bends out and is always in line.

While driving uphill I realized the enjoyment a sunroof can provide and it was wonderful to drive with the fresh air coming (Delhiites and Mumbaikars know what I am talking about!!) in and the view was even better.

Cruise control was a boon on NH1 as I got quite a few good patches and the steering mounted audio controls always played a part and I am happy that I chose the LTZ (no offences to LT owners please)

As I reached the plains and touched NH-1 for Delhi it took me a moment to change my driving style as on the hills you have to be supercautious while overtaking and cannot drive fast even if there is a temptation to do so but it was just a matter of a few minutes.

I have done 9700 km with my car and am nearing the 3rd service which should be next year as I am going abroad on saturday for a week ,suggestions for the 3rd service friends?

I am uploading one picture which I took while I parked my car next to the famous "Toy train tunnel" and am sorry for the picture quality as it has been taken from my phone and it was very dark as it was about 6 in the morning :(

Last edited by np23 : 20th December 2010 at 19:54.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:56   #175
BHPian

Please find the picture I took below:-
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-img00585201012120651.jpg  

Old 19th January 2011, 17:38   #176
BHPian

Dear Bhpians......

I have recently completed the 10k mark and the experience has been more than pleasing till now.

I got the 3rd servicing done last week.
It included:-

1)regular service check ups

2)topping of engine oil(1 Litre less) but no changing of oils as it is to be done at 15000
km.

3)wheel alignment.

4)Cleaning of right rear brake pad as it was not applying properly and leaving a line on the disc!! but they cleaned it and it is perfect now.

5)Re coat of teflon as promised when I bought the car

6)Regular cleaning

7)Under body check up.

8)Topping up of all other fluids.

To my utmost surprise it was all free of cost.

Though I am happy with the work carried out the service experience was anything but good and though I was promised delivery at 3pm I got it at 6 pm and that too as I stood on their heads to get my work done.I cant understand why GM cannot learn from Toyota or Honda.
Old 19th February 2011, 01:29   #177
BHPian

Hi np23,

Interesting narration of all the events leading to the purchase of your Blue Beast and great pictures! Especially near the toy train tunnel and with your honda civic!

I too am a college going student and planning to purchase a car for myself. Even though my budget restricts me, I am a big fan of the Cruze!

Wonder when GM is planning to roll the turbocharged petrol into the engine bay which too shall be a cracker and help make the price sweeter.
Old 19th February 2011, 13:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Hi np23,

Interesting narration of all the events leading to the purchase of your Blue Beast and great pictures! Especially near the toy train tunnel and with your honda civic!

I too am a college going student and planning to purchase a car for myself. Even though my budget restricts me, I am a big fan of the Cruze!

Wonder when GM is planning to roll the turbocharged petrol into the engine bay which too shall be a cracker and help make the price sweeter.
Thank you and I appreciate you liked my thread.,the comparison with the civic was bound to happen considering the fact that I have both.
The petrol cruze should be here few months down the line considering the fact it was spotted testing in Bangalore some time back,I think it should be pretty good but I doubt they'll lower the price by more than 60-70K for the base version considering the segment in which they have placed it.
Old 19th February 2011, 20:05   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Thank you and I appreciate you liked my thread.,the comparison with the civic was bound to happen considering the fact that I have both.
The petrol cruze should be here few months down the line considering the fact it was spotted testing in Bangalore some time back,I think it should be pretty good but I doubt they'll lower the price by more than 60-70K for the base version considering the segment in which they have placed it.
I agree with you regarding which segment the Cruze has been positoned but lets not all forget what happened with the previous generation corolla when during its later years, cheaper trims (J I believe) were introduced which were marginally expensive than the honda city. Also I am lead to believe that with the upcoming Corolla Altis facelift, a 1.6 Petrol might find its way into the engine bay bringing competition to the ANHC and Vento. Though owners of the current 1.8P Altis (like me) might not be very happy with that, it will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

I have a question, please dont mind but are registration numbers like DL ** ** 3132 also VIP numbers? How so?
Old 20th February 2011, 11:21   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I agree with you regarding which segment the Cruze has been positoned but lets not all forget what happened with the previous generation corolla when during its later years, cheaper trims (J I believe) were introduced which were marginally expensive than the honda city. Also I am lead to believe that with the upcoming Corolla Altis facelift, a 1.6 Petrol might find its way into the engine bay bringing competition to the ANHC and Vento. Though owners of the current 1.8P Altis (like me) might not be very happy with that, it will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

I have a question, please dont mind but are registration numbers like DL ** ** 3132 also VIP numbers? How so?
I feel that the main reason for introducing the J variant in the previous gen. corolla was that the Civic had really eaten into corolla's monthly sales but now the scenario is totally different and the Altis is the segment leader since its launch atleast in the petrol department and I wonder if they would release a 1.6L engine till the time either the Cruze petrol is not launched or maybe even the next gen civic.

3132 is not a VIP number but its just the way it is looked at in Delhi and punjab especially anything like 1213 or 1212 i.e. in ascending order or any pattern is considered to be a fancy number as people call it here and even the dealers also release such number at some extra cost.(I paid 10k for the same and was being offered 3131 for 20k but I dint want that for some personal reason though I asked for 3232 which was unavailable.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks