Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 15:11   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1.

Even i have the same question. Wont the RPM levels go up when your accelarating to a faster odo speed? Strange that it went down to 1400rpm from 1500rpm from 100kmph-120kmph.

NP, all said and done. Its just unbeilevable that this car is doing 160kmph and its at 2K RPM as i can see from your pictures below.

I am sure your grinning from ear-to-ear while driving this beast

Sir I hope my answers to other replies have solved your query as well
At 100 I was pressing the pedal more but at 120 I was virtually just touching the pedal.
At 100 while taking the picture I had just pressed the cruise control button also as you can see in the 1st picture in the leftmost dial.
Now I dont know if cruise control can affect rpm levels.
And Sir I completely second the secnd part of your reply
Old 30th June 2010, 16:02   #92
BANNED

Thanks np, so in that case could you please re post either the pics or the rpm figures for the speeds of 80, 100, 120 and 140 kmph without the pedal being pressed too hard or too little on a plain road.

It would be a good inference point to see and observe the power and torque curves in association with the speeds.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:01   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1.

Even i have the same question. Wont the RPM levels go up when your accelarating to a faster odo speed? Strange that it went down to 1400rpm from 1500rpm from 100kmph-120kmph.
i just thought of something. since he says he was hardly touching the accel at 120, i think the transmission might have shifted to neutral. ive noticed in a couple of autos, and even in my accord, the moment i leave the accel the rpm drops down to about 12-1500rpm. that could be the reason the rpm at 120kmph is lower than 100kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
kk so shall I call you BUddy!!
Ill try my best to get a video of that for you ASAP
thanks man. not trying to prove you wrong or anything but just really interested.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:36   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thanks np, so in that case could you please re post either the pics or the rpm figures for the speeds of 80, 100, 120 and 140 kmph without the pedal being pressed too hard or too little on a plain road.

It would be a good inference point to see and observe the power and torque curves in association with the speeds.
I will try and do that when I go to the expressway next and also note the 80-120 timmings
Old 30th June 2010, 19:48   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i just thought of something. since he says he was hardly touching the accel at 120, i think the transmission might have shifted to neutral. ive noticed in a couple of autos, and even in my accord, the moment i leave the accel the rpm drops down to about 12-1500rpm. that could be the reason the rpm at 120kmph is lower than 100kmph.
Even I notice that and I know when you take your foot off the pedal the rpm drops but as you drive the accord automatic sir you must be very well knowing what I am trying to say sir,the way we just practically hold the pedal and not press it which keeps the car cruising (in this case the transmission shifts up and so the rpm goes down) and when take your foot off (it goes on neutral and so rpm goes down) and sir I never took my foor off the pedal!!

Quote:
thanks man. not trying to prove you wrong or anything but just really interested.
haha Sir I just said sir because you have written thousandsof posts and are a senior Bhpian' just like that only & no question of proving one wrong or right cheerrs
Old 1st July 2010, 18:37   #96
BHPian

Hi Np23,

Have you put sun control film on your cruze?. How effective is the OEM tinted glass?
Old 1st July 2010, 19:34   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Hi Np23,

Have you put sun control film on your cruze?. How effective is the OEM tinted glass?

Heyy I have not put any film on my cruze because personally I hate them and I feel they take away the look of the car though others feel otherwise.

The OEM tinted glasses are good but not great and though they reduce the direct sunrays while driving,if you park your car in open and not in a shade then it boils up and the grey interiors further add to this
Old 1st July 2010, 20:09   #98
BANNED

NP,

Thanks for an interesting read.

I had read thru this before I got my Cruze, but I am having some issues with my car, so was hoping that you could comment on this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...it-d-mode.html
Old 1st July 2010, 20:44   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even I notice that and I know when you take your foot off the pedal the rpm drops but as you drive the accord automatic sir you must be very well knowing what I am trying to say sir,the way we just practically hold the pedal and not press it which keeps the car cruising (in this case the transmission shifts up and so the rpm goes down) and when take your foot off (it goes on neutral and so rpm goes down) and sir I never took my foor off the pedal!!

haha Sir I just said sir because you have written thousandsof posts and are a senior Bhpian' just like that only & no question of proving one wrong or right cheerrs
glad your taking it in the right spirit.

Quote:
Heyy I have not put any film on my cruze because personally I hate them and I feel they take away the look of the car though others feel otherwise.

The OEM tinted glasses are good but not great and though they reduce the direct sunrays while driving,if you park your car in open and not in a shade then it boils up and the grey interiors further add to this
trust me, my friend, give films a try, and they will be the first accessory you put on a car. you dont have to get dark films. you can get almost transparent, so much that you wont notice there is any film.
but the main thing is heat reduction, in delhi it gets pretty hot and with sunfilms that reduce head by say 60-70%+ it makes a phenomenal difference.
Old 1st July 2010, 20:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
NP,

Thanks for an interesting read.

I had read thru this before I got my Cruze, but I am having some issues with my car, so was hoping that you could comment on this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...it-d-mode.html
I am glad you liked this thread.I will just read your query and reply to that
Old 1st July 2010, 21:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
glad your taking it in the right spirit.

trust me, my friend, give films a try, and they will be the first accessory you put on a car. you dont have to get dark films. you can get almost transparent, so much that you wont notice there is any film.
but the main thing is heat reduction, in delhi it gets pretty hot and with sunfilms that reduce head by say 60-70%+ it makes a phenomenal difference.
Sir will definitely think over it but I dont think I will(sorry).I just dont like them and hundreds of my friends and cousins who have films on their cars have tried to convince me but I just cant digest films on my car but I guess I will go few of the major car accessories shops and see if I can find a cruze with films over there.
I kmow it gets very hot in Delhi but I'd rather park it in shade and switch the Ac on 5 minutes before driving but sir please no filming for me.I dont know why I cannot just digest the fact that I have black glasses on my car(howsoever light they might be).
I hopee you understand what I mean
Old 2nd July 2010, 06:09   #102
BHPian

we are getting delivery of our cruze today and the showroom guys have been calling us regarding the accessories to be fitted.please find below the prices they quoted,
sun control film: 2350
anti glare film(for the front windshield):3200
pvc floor mats:810
carpet floor mats: 1400
mud flaps: 1400
body cover: 1600

can anyone please tell me if the sun control film and anti glare film(colourless) costs that much?.
Old 2nd July 2010, 06:23   #103
BHPian

iam unsure about the brand of the sunfilm..but the dealer is giving 3 yrs warranty on the same..
my cruze os white, so shouldn't i go for a bit darker films for it to look good?
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:58   #104
BHPian

Quote:
we are getting delivery of our cruze today and the showroom guys have been calling us regarding the accessories to be fitted.please find below the prices they quoted,
pvc floor mats:810
carpet floor mats: 1400
mud flaps: 1400
body cover: 1600

can anyone please tell me if the sun control film and anti glare film(colourless) costs that much?.
Congratulations,
White is a great colour and if you can keep it clean then any car will look best in white .
I am not sure about the film rates but for the rest of the stuff you are getting very good rates as I paid about 8k for the mud flaps,body cover and the foot mats.
Plus there are 3 floor mats for the cruze ,1 is PVC ,the other 2 are the regular carpet ones (COMFORT & CLUB),I have got the comfort ones ;check which ones you are getting for this price.
I think you are getting a great deal but as far as films are concerned I would suggest you wait for a reply from Akshay sir

Last edited by np23 : 2nd July 2010 at 10:59.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:10   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I kmow it gets very hot in Delhi but I'd rather park it in shade and switch the Ac on 5 minutes before driving but sir please no filming for me.I dont know why I cannot just digest the fact that I have black glasses on my car(howsoever light they might be).
I hopee you understand what I mean
i understand exactly what you mean. personally i love tinted glasses. but you do get films so light you wont be able to notice them and they will reduce the heat quite a lot. then again they cost a packet.

Quote:

buddy at that price i dont think it will be good quality film. i suggest you get a further discount and get the films done outside. find a good accessory shop in bangalore (ask about one in the sunfilm thread) and get any good 3m, llumar or vkool film.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd July 2010 at 13:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks