Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 12:58   #136
BHPian

Great to read your review and discussions.

You are lucky to get chocolates and discount. We in Pune had none.

At the time of delivery I was promised so many things about On road service. It seems VW is still not geared up for that. Good that you faced problem at Home. At it been at some remote location..can't imagine the ordeals.

Did anybody found out how do you add USB input to built in ICE system that comes with Polo Highline?
Old 28th September 2010, 17:17   #137
Senior - BHPian

Got a feedback call from VW today. Lots of questions regarding delivery and initial experience. Didn't give a very positive feedback about VW Downtown Mumbai. Also told them about the issue. They just had to say "sorry".
Old 29th September 2010, 11:43   #138
BHPian

Nice to hear that.

actually not many issues regarding delivery. But lot of questions about many other things and features.

I hope they will make sincere effort to improve.

Does anybody know or have tried adding USB/ iPod input to standard ICE that comes with Polo Highline?

Last edited by CANPUSH : 29th September 2010 at 11:50.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:46   #139
Senior - BHPian

Got this vague reply from VW Downtown

Quote:
Dear Sir,

This is with regards to your concern of brake jam of the subject vehicle.

We would like to inform you that the oxidation that we found in brake discs is normal. Usually this happens when the vehicle is parked for long time & also due to the moisture content in the air.

We would also like to mention that when the car runs & gets heated up this will get normal. We hope to have provided you with the required clarification. Please do contact us on 022-66544444 incase of any assistance you may require.

Assuring you our best customer care support at all times.

For Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai
Regards
Old 30th September 2010, 11:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Got this vague reply from VW Downtown
But if the car does not move, how can anything get heated up and normal. Unless what they meant was just keeping the engine on and getting heated up. Very inconclusive communication on the root cause.
Old 30th September 2010, 21:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We would like to inform you that the oxidation that we found in brake discs is normal.
Did'nt know you had a problem with your disks as well!
Old 30th September 2010, 22:34   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Did'nt know you had a problem with your disks as well!

What can I say? These guys don't even know where the problem lies! I had even attached pics of the brake drums that were rusted.

I am not in town for 4 days and have left the car with handbrake deliberately activated to see if the problem repeats itself. Will be back on Monday.
Old 15th October 2010, 01:02   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Nice to hear that.

actually not many issues regarding delivery. But lot of questions about many other things and features.

I hope they will make sincere effort to improve.

Does anybody know or have tried adding USB/ iPod input to standard ICE that comes with Polo Highline?

Canpush, Did u read this post Grom-Audio-Adapter

Am also looking for an USB/iPod input for my Polo HL. Let me know if you know/find anything useful.
Old 16th October 2010, 22:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

A small FE update:

Have been getting about 10-12kpl in the city(depending on traffic) and at least 16 on the highway. Managed to get the best FE as 19.4kpl on a 14km hwy run from Bandra to Goregaon.

Meanwhile, got the POLO door sills after a 1 month long wait. Can't believe there's a waiting period for everything VW sells
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-imag0428.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2010, 18:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

My Polo met with a bad accident 3 days back. Dad was driving back from Panvel, when at a junction, a tempo in front braked suddenly. My dad also slammed the brakes and could just stop in time but the vehicle behind cold not brake in time and banged into the rear of our car. As a result, our car hit the tempo in front too! While the two vehicles weren't damaged, our car was badly hurt.

We drove it down to the workshop at Lalbaug the same day. The work on the car has started and the insurance company has also evaluated the damages. I must say some VW spares are very expensive. I'll put up the detailed costs in a short while. Here are the pics for now.
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-imag0459.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-imag0460.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-imag0461.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2010, 18:23   #146
BHPian

Quote:
My Polo met with a bad accident 3 days back. Dad was driving back from Panvel, when at a junction, a tempo in front braked suddenly. My dad also slammed the brakes and could just stop in time but the vehicle behind cold not brake in time and banged into the rear of our car. As a result, our car hit the tempo in front too! While the two vehicles weren't damaged, our car was badly hurt.

We drove it down to the workshop at Lalbaug the same day. The work on the car has started and the insurance company has also evaluated the damages. I must say some VW spares are very expensive. I'll put up the detailed costs in a short while. Here are the pics for now.
So Sorry to hear about the damage. But good to hear that no one was hurt,except your precious beauty. From the looks of it the rear bumper will be replaced with a new one and you will have to bear 50% of the new bumpers cost. From the front the headlight seems to be ok just the casing seems to be broken. The front fender can also be dented to near perfection. The front grill will have to be brought i.e another 50% cost to be borne. I dont think you should have given the car to the company because they will change all the damaged parts and charge you 50 % for the plastic and glass parts and some depreciation for the metal parts. And further they will then sell of these parts to any old parts dealers for a good amount.
You should enquire about Polo's bumpers and front grill from the open market and get them replaced. Rest can be done by any good denter painter in your area.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:17   #147
Senior - BHPian

Following is the rough estimate VW has given me for the repairs:

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000
Headlight RHS- Rs.4500
Show Grill- Rs.3000
Tailight LHS- Rs.2000
Rear Bumper- Rs.5500
Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500 ()

Paint work(ridiculous prices):

Front Bumper- Rs.3960
Front RHS fender- Rs.3330
Front Right door- Rs.3825
Rear Bumper- Rs.3960
Bonnet- Rs.4360
3M Polish for even finish of paint- Rs.2800

Now, the insurance company has decided to cover 50% for plastics(bumper, headlight, tailight and grill) and 90% for fender. Paint work covered fully by insurance.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000
Headlight RHS- Rs.4500
Show Grill- Rs.3000
Tailight LHS- Rs.2000
Rear Bumper- Rs.5500
Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500 ()

Paint work(ridiculous prices):

Front Bumper- Rs.3960
Rear Bumper- Rs.3960
Bonnet- Rs.4360

Now, the insurance company has decided to cover 50% for plastics(bumper, headlight, tailight and grill) and 90% for fender. Paint work covered fully by insurance.
really sorry to hear your accident but at least nobody got hurt!
I had a similar situation last week but the good thing is that I was travelling in my old Santro and not the new Jazz!

The prices quoted by VW is outrageous..

I had a small accident in my Jazz with a dog hitting the front with some damage to the front bumper and lower grill.
At that time, I enquired about the cost, the front bumper cost is around 1400/- (without painting) and the lower grill costs around 400/-.
The Polo's spares in comparison seem to be at least 2-3 times costlier.

Anyway, insurance should take care of most of the cost incurred and hopefully the repair should make the car as good as new. best of luck!
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:13   #149
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about the accident mate. But dont worry these things do happen, cant help it. Hope you get the car in perfect condition.

Quote:

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000 (overpriced atleast by double)
Headlight RHS- Rs.4500 (overpriced, still acceptable)
Show Grill- Rs.3000 (overpriced a bit, still acceptable)
Tailight LHS- Rs.2000 (very acceptable)
Rear Bumper- Rs.5500 (Highly overpriced)
Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500 (at par with other manufacturers)

As I said in Indian accident thread, front headlight support made of plastic for padestrian safety, expect the damages to be big even in case of small crash.

Paint work(ridiculous prices, not at all, Mitsubishi charges 4.5k including tax for painting each piece, Honda - 5k, Suzuki 4k (swift and sx4).

Front Bumper- Rs.3960
Rear Bumper- Rs.3960
Bonnet- Rs.4360

Now, the insurance company has decided to cover 50% for plastics(bumper, headlight, tailight and grill) and 90% for fender (should be 100%, 90 is after 1st year, please check) . Paint work covered fully by insurance.

Thats the industry norm, I ve heard about new policies which cover 100% on all parts, just that they charge some premium upfront. I wish to get these when I am due for renewal.
Old 24th November 2010, 01:07   #150
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey, if you live in Bombay and want to unlock some of the potential your Polo has, read through: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...vag-com-3.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks