Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 01:33   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Hey, if you live in Bombay and want to unlock some of the potential your Polo has, read through: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...vag-com-3.html
WOW!! Those are some really cool gizmos. Is it possible to do all that in my humble Polo too? I'd like to meet you if it can be done Do you have to mess with any electricals?

Last edited by theragingbull : 24th November 2010 at 01:40.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:27   #152
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
WOW!! Those are some really cool gizmos. Is it possible to do all that in my humble Polo too? I'd like to meet you if it can be done Do you have to mess with any electricals?
I haven't tried on any VW yet, however, people have tried on VWs, Skodas and Audis (VAG family) There is no messing with any electrical parts. I'm pretty sure not all of this can be done, however, most of it can be done and for a VW, there could be other things possible which aren't on the Skodas. The auto-lock can be done certainly. I have read a lot about customizing Golfs. Have PMed you my number. Cheers!
Old 28th November 2010, 10:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Following is the rough estimate VW has given me for the repairs:

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000
Headlight RHS- Rs.4500
Show Grill- Rs.3000
Tailight LHS- Rs.2000
Rear Bumper- Rs.5500
Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500 ()

Paint work(ridiculous prices):

Front Bumper- Rs.3960
Front RHS fender- Rs.3330
Front Right door- Rs.3825
Rear Bumper- Rs.3960
Bonnet- Rs.4360
3M Polish for even finish of paint- Rs.2800

Now, the insurance company has decided to cover 50% for plastics(bumper, headlight, tailight and grill) and 90% for fender. Paint work covered fully by insurance.
Sorry for the accident. had a similar incident with my old viva crdi a few years back when some tempo hit it at the back and recently with my new sx4 as well when some jealous moron scratched my car with a key all over and then some idiot banged at the rear bumper. had to send both my cars for repainting and the viva for getting its bumpers, front fender and taillight replaced.

In both the cases i think that the cost of parts and repainting was similar. Hyundai did a really amateurish job with my viva where the boot would not close properly and there was misalignment and gaps between the bumpers and the body.

hopefully VW will do a better job and give you your car back just as it came from the showroom.
Old 28th November 2010, 11:27   #154
Senior - BHPian

I visited the workshop yesterday to check the status of my car. Firstly, let me tell you Shaman VW has one of the best workshops in the city. Was very well managed and neat & clean. The day I went there, they also had a team from VW Germany who were doing some survey there.
There was also the 3M-VW Polo rejuvenation camp where 3M polishing stuff was offered at a discounted rate. I have opted for 3M exterior polish for Rs.2600.

Work on the car is almost done. Will get the car tomorrow. I was given the exact valuation of the parts of my car and surprisingly it came out to be much much lesser than what was quoited earlier. All in all, the parts are costing 15,000 and the labour work is Rs.35000. Most of the things covered by insurance so about Rs.7000 from my pocket.. I shall upload a detailed worksheet tomorrow.

Drive safe.

P.S: Thanks for the 5 star rating guys

Last edited by theragingbull : 28th November 2010 at 11:30.
Old 28th November 2010, 11:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I visited the workshop yesterday to check the status of my car. Firstly, let me tell you Shaman VW has one of the best workshops in the city. Was very well managed and neat & clean. The day I went there, they also had a team from VW Germany who were doing some survey there.
There was also the 3M-VW Polo rejuvenation camp where 3M polishing stuff was offered at a discounted rate. I have opted for 3M exterior polish for Rs.2600.

Work on the car is almost done. Will get the car tomorrow. I was given the exact valuation of the parts of my car and surprisingly it came out to be much much lesser than what was quoited earlier. All in all, the parts are costing 15,000 and the labour work is Rs.35000. Most of the things covered by insurance so about Rs.7000 from my pocket.. I shall upload a detailed worksheet tomorrow.

Drive safe.

P.S: Thanks for the 5 star rating guys
Just saw your thread now. Sad to see your car this way.

I will be keeping my eyes peeled for your worksheet as I would also like to get my bonnet and front bumper repainted.

Not sure if I put a 5-star rating. I will do so now.
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:23   #156
Senior - BHPian

My polo is back home and she's gleaming after that 3M polish.

The total work on the car amounted to Rs.52,000. That includes Rs.36,578 of labour work(including paint) and Rs.15,520 of parts.
I had to pay Rs.7,100 as the final estimate.
And 3M polish worth Rs.3000.

Insurance liability:
- Headlight 50%
- Taillight 50%
- Rear bumper 50%
- Carrier 50%
- Wheel housing 50%

- RHS Fender 100%
- Labour 100%

Attached is the worksheet. So now one can have an idea of how much spare parts of Polo actually cost
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-worksheet.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 2nd December 2010 at 19:26.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:40   #157
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures of my car after the 3M polish

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06091.jpg
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06082.jpg
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06086.jpg

They had debadged the rear for painting the boot cover. I requested them not to put back that long 'VOLSWAGEN' insignia. It looks better.

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06089.jpg
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06090.jpg
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc06088.jpg
Old 5th December 2010, 18:38   #158
BHPian

theragingbull: Your Polo looks as good as new now!

Thanks for the scanning and posting your bill on Team-BHP for all of us. Now I know it will cost approx. 10K to repaint my bonnet and bumper.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:20   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
theragingbull: Your Polo looks as good as new now!

Thanks for the scanning and posting your bill on Team-BHP for all of us. Now I know it will cost approx. 10K to repaint my bonnet and bumper.
Thanks! Polishing really makes a lot of difference. I plan to do it at least twice a year.

And as for the paint costs, let me tell you my car has metallic paint so it's more expensive. For non-metallic shades(white and red) , it might be lesser.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:35   #160
BHPian

Debadging done without intention
The car is looking great. They have done a top notch job of repainting & polishing.
Old 6th December 2010, 15:50   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

theragingbull, I'm very very glad that you posted the pics after the beauty has recovered from the trauma. I loved your post and the pics with brilliant coloured Polo since beginning. It was horrible to see the damage - which was totally due to uncontrollable circumstances. Nice paint job and glad also to know that the hole in your pocket was not exorbitantly high! Wishing you happy and safe miles for your family and Polo in future. May no such thing happen again!
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:18   #162
BHPian

Re: "German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Zohaib ,52 thousand is a bit of amount for the accident.Now remove the Polo badge it is looking so so asymmetrical with those badges only on one side otherwise do it like in earlier Polos .I love the finish of the VWs .How is the VW aftersales?
Regards
SHK
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Zohaib ,52 thousand is a bit of amount for the accident.Now remove the Polo badge it is looking so so asymmetrical with those badges only on one side otherwise do it like in earlier Polos .I love the finish of the VWs .How is the VW aftersales?
Regards
SHK
Well the earlier Polos came with only Polo badging on one side. So I like that. The 'Volkswagen' insignia started coming on Polos manufactured from October onwards.

Well my experience with VW after sales has been a short one. But it was good. Although they took like 10 days for the car to repair, the reason was that the fender wasn't in stock. Otherwise, courteous people and the workshop in Bombay is pretty good. It's large and well-maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Debadging done without intention
The car is looking great. They have done a top notch job of repainting & polishing.
Well when I had gone to collect my car from the workshop, I was pleasantly surprised to see no 'Volkswagen' badging. When I asked the SA, he apologized and said he'll ask someone to put it back. I just replied with a big thank you and said there is no need for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
], I'm very very glad that you posted the pics after the beauty has recovered from the trauma. I loved your post and the pics with brilliant coloured Polo since beginning. Wishing you happy and safe miles for your family and Polo in future. May no such thing happen again!
Thank you!

Last edited by theragingbull : 23rd December 2010 at 17:06.
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:20   #164
BHPian

>>>

Z,

Hope you have a great time driving the teuton on the Bombay-Lavasa-Bombay trip.

Regards, drive safe
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:33   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Hope you have a great time driving the teuton on the Bombay-Lavasa-Bombay trip.

Regards, drive safe
Thanks! I will. After all, it is....

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-p1000103_1.jpg

All the best for your North India trip and drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks