Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2011, 13:24   #166
BHPian

Re: "German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline

hey, the polo looks great in grey! Are there any updates on your car?
Old 20th March 2011, 11:05   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
hey, the polo looks great in grey! Are there any updates on your car?
Hey thanks! No major update as such. The car has still just done 2200kms in 5 months Will be getting sunfilms next week. Mostly RE35.
Anyways here are a few pictures clicked by Manish Asrani
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-img_1434.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-img_1433.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-img_1436.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 20th March 2011 at 11:26.
Old 10th April 2011, 17:30   #168

The car looks in top shape, its a job well done by the workshop. I'm getting my Polo tomorrow and i'm considering on asking them to de-badge it as well. Thats if i remember! :P
Old 11th April 2011, 13:09   #169
BHPian

It was a very unfortunate incident, but in the end VW workshop did manage to take care of everything and the CAR is back again ready to gear as good as new. However, the price are outrageous.

Safe driving many more miles.

It's been quite a sometime i am planning for paint job as some moron made whole body scratch on my POLO. I don't know whether it would be covered in insurance.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:45   #170
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
My Polo met with a bad accident 3 days back. Dad was driving back from Panvel, when at a junction, a tempo in front braked suddenly. My dad also slammed the brakes and could just stop in time but the vehicle behind cold not brake in time and banged into the rear of our car. As a result, our car hit the tempo in front too! While the two vehicles weren't damaged, our car was badly hurt.

We drove it down to the workshop at Lalbaug the same day. The work on the car has started and the insurance company has also evaluated the damages. I must say some VW spares are very expensive. I'll put up the detailed costs in a short while. Here are the pics for now.
sorry to hear about accident. hey, did air bags inflate at the time of accident?. Have you asked VW guys, what would be the cost of air bags replacement?
Old 13th April 2011, 11:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
sorry to hear about accident. hey, did air bags inflate at the time of accident?. Have you asked VW guys, what would be the cost of air bags replacement?
No the speed was too less for the airbags to deploy. I was rear ended first which caused my car to hit the vehicle in front.
However, airbags deployment can cause a deep hole in your pocket. But that's nothing if it can save your life
Old 4th June 2011, 19:13   #172
BHPian

I just acquired a Polo 1.2 on 26th of May. I'm quite happy with the build quality but have been let down with poor quality OE tyres. It came fitted with JK Vectras!
On 29th, i parked the car on roadside & when came back after 2 hours, was shocked to find that front-right tyre was flat. I thougt someone must have played a prank by letting-off the air. There was no nitro pump near by so had to change the wheel.
On 2nd i was driving on the highway & suddenly felt the steering heavy. Upon inspection, found that again the same spot, front-right, but a different wheel (as it was the spare one) was flat. I had no option but to change the wheel. I was annoyed to change tyres on a brand new 5 day old car- and that too a 2nd time. I simply headed for the authorized workshop here in ahmedabad, Automark Motors. As i approached the gate, the watchman told that staff comes in at 9:30 so you would have to wait. I had no option but to wait!! Just then he said 'Saab, apke pichle tyre me puncture hai" I was
I said that's the reason why i'm here. They guys were quick to attend & i was given vague anwers that the technicain from JK has verified and now the car is ok (after keeping it overnite). I said i dont want JKs but change them to Apollo (which is an OE option). But the manager said that cant be done as it should have been told prior to taking delivery.
This experince sums upto 1 thing: DO NOT OPT FOR JK TYRES. Apollos are better i have heard.
Old 4th June 2011, 20:16   #173
Senior - BHPian

@KkVaidya....sorry to hear about that incident. Yes even I got JK vectras with my Polo and even I'm not happy with them. The ride quality with the Apollo vectras was far better. When asked VW why they put JK in mine, they said Apollo tyres were not in stock for a batch of Polos. I guess again they have started putting JKs now. You can't help but live with them or buy a new set of tyres. I don't think there is any option like choosing what tyres you want before delivery.
Old 12th June 2011, 11:10   #174
BHPian

Hello,
Can anyone guide me on which oil goes into the 1.2 petrol? The manual does not specify anywhere which oil grade is suitable. VW is smart > they only specify it in their internal codes.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:16   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Hello,
Can anyone guide me on which oil goes into the 1.2 petrol? The manual does not specify anywhere which oil grade is suitable. VW is smart > they only specify it in their internal codes.
1.2 Petrol get Castrol Magnetic 5W 40. MRP is 970/- litre. 1.6 petrol should have same.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 15:16   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks! No major update as such. The car has still just done 2200kms in 5 months Will be getting sunfilms next week. Mostly RE35.
Anyways here are a few pictures clicked by Manish Asrani
Hey Zohaib, did you finally go for the RE35 sunfilm? I'm also looking at sunfilms for my Pepper Grey Polo & was confused about which shade to go for. Can you share some pics of your car with the sunfilms as that'll give me a better picture.
Old 13th July 2011, 16:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Hey Zohaib, did you finally go for the RE35 sunfilm? I'm also looking at sunfilms for my Pepper Grey Polo & was confused about which shade to go for. Can you share some pics of your car with the sunfilms as that'll give me a better picture.
hey I went for RE50 as RE35 was not available. Though i'd still recommend going for 35, here's a pic of my Polo with RE50.
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-p1010421.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 11:16   #178
BHPian

Quote:
hey I went for RE50 as RE35 was not available. Though i'd still recommend going for 35, here's a pic of my Polo with RE50.
Thanks Zohaib for the super swift reply! Your Polo looks cool in the RE50. I'll try and go for RE35 as you've said. However, might take some time as I'm travelling for the next few days.

I'm curious to know this: Would there be a significant difference in the shade of RE35 and RE50? And do you have any sunfilm/tint recommendations for the windshield?
Old 14th July 2011, 12:19   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
I'm curious to know this: Would there be a significant difference in the shade of RE35 and RE50? And do you have any sunfilm/tint recommendations for the windshield?
Well RE35 would be more reflective and attract catch cops attention. If you need films for privacy, then go for it. Otherwise RE50 suffices for most of the situations.
For the windshield, people suggest the 3M CS70. But you might ask experts in the "Sun Film" thread.

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th July 2011 at 12:23.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:33   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Well RE35 would be more reflective and attract catch cops attention. If you need films for privacy, then go for it. Otherwise RE50 suffices for most of the situations.
For the windshield, people suggest the 3M CS70. But you might ask experts in the "Sun Film" thread.
If that is the case, I think RE50 should be sufficient for me. Thanks for the pointer on CS70. Let me check out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks