Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:28   #211
BHPian

Re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Headrest Screens fitted in Safari

At last, I have fitted myself Concept CLD-700 and CLS-700 screens in my Safari. One day I went to Pensee Leather for making covers of headrest as per my seat covers. They made it for my headrest screen.

I'll put mini review and photographs tomorrow.
Hi Anuj,

Please provide a mini review (with costs) with pics and current working conditions of your headrest screens. And do you see some updated brands in the same category?

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 22nd November 2012 at 15:31.
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:13   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi Anuj,

Please provide a mini review (with costs) with pics and current working conditions of your headrest screens. And do you see some updated brands in the same category?

Cheers!
Irish
I will sure put pictures and review. My son enjoying it a lot and it is working flawlessly, since I fit it in my car. No problem so far. It supports
1. DVD
2. Memory Card
3. USB

It supports most of the video format. But problem I find with nested directory browsing. So, I have to keep all media files in root folder for it to recognize. I am using 8GB memory card and USB drive with it. Beyond that I have not tested.

Picture quality of backlit LED is very good, considering it is headrest unit. Lookwise also it is very good and does not look like cheap Chinese product. Three changeable covers come along with this unit (Black, Grey & Tan).

It has AV2 input as well, you can connect you other video player (Smartphone, PMP) etc to it. All kind of cables provided with this unit. To route Audio to my car's head unit, I use 3.5mm cable from headrest player to aux-in of HU. During long drives my son enjoys video with headphones & I continue listening music from HU.

This solves both problem and we both enjoy during drive with our choice.
Naturally, I cannot watch video and it is boring to listen video track. This is the biggest feature I see in this headrest unit.

Other features and photograph you can refer its website: http://www.conceptbuy.com/ProductDetail/82.aspx

This company has introduced new product with touch control screens. Look wise it is same.

Last edited by anujmishra : 22nd November 2012 at 17:15.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:55   #213
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my Safari's headlight to 100/130. This was DIY project and it took 3 hours complete with all wiring and changes. Thanks to HappyWheels for this informative post. With this post there was no cut required in headlight assembly, but I did cut the rubber part to pass the wires and later on covered it with insulation tape.

I bought BOSCH kit from BOSCH service center and costed me Rs. 1250 including Philips bulbs. However, it is little pricey from outside market but I opted for this solution.

But the major part is I am not happy with the low beam of 100/130 bulbs. I was happy with my Philips Extreme Vision bulbs, but due to its short life, I opted for this solution. I already changed 2 sets of my Philips Extreme Vision and third set completed half of its life of 4 months.

I did these changes as there are 3-4 long drives schedules in coming months.

Most Viewed