Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 14:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Update: Second Service done at 5127 Kms Total Kms Now: 5700 Kms

On first of February I booked my Safari for second service. On 29th January I got a call from KHT Motors, Bangalore for reminder of second service. However it still not completed 6 months. Since my ODO was near to 5k so I booked on Tuesday 1st of February. ODO reading on service day was 5127 Kms.

I had not much complaints there were three complaints

1. Driver side door glass rubbing with something inside door.
2. Left passenger side door rattling.
3. Powerloss issue.

Left the car and Ramesh and Sharanappa received the car and asked me to come evening for delivery. When I came to receive car it was washed properly and did not find any problem with either under body wash and over body/engine bay wash. Whole car was shining after full wash. Fully satisfied with the wash quality.

My first two complaints were rectified with the below reasons

1. Some cable was touching to glass and it is adjusted
2. Channel become loose and hence rattling.

Took small testdrive and satisfied with first two issue but still I did not find any solution for third issue. It is bothering me and now I have started ignoring this issue.

Next day I found two issue with servicing.

1. RH side fog lamp was filled with water
2. Boot mat replaced with some other car's mat.

I complained to my SA SharanAppa but unfortunately he met with accident and absent then I told this to Ramesh. He immediately took action and replaced my boot mat and promised to replace fog lamp under warranty (Spare Part Warranty and as it was after fitments).

Yesterday (06th Feb, 2011) did a whole day trip to Mysore and Brindavan Garden (Total Distance Covered 377 KMs UP+DOWN) with some guests on board and during whole journey Safari behaved well. At present ODO reading is 5700 KMs.

Two things I am planning in near future
1. 3M paint protection
2. 3M under body coating

I will give my car for both the things together once I find some time.

I am experiencing only one niggling issue that is PowerLoss problem and there is no other issue I have with my Safari. Thorughly Enjoying it
Old 7th February 2011, 14:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update: Second Service done at 5127 Kms Total Kms Now: 5700 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
1. 3M paint protection
2. 3M under body coating
Are you planning to get these done at KHT itself? If yes, what rates have they quoted?

FYI - 3M has opened up their own car detailing shop in HSR Layout. You might want to try them.
Old 7th February 2011, 16:20   #108
BHPian

Re: 2nd Service Completed, Present ODO :5700 KMs:2010 Safari LX VTT - Cycus Grey

Good to know your 2nd service is done, Anuj.

Powerloss isssue continues for me too, but rev it hard (3k or 3.5k rpm) once in a while and it helps for a couple of days for me.
Old 7th February 2011, 17:48   #109
BHPian

Re: 2nd Service Completed, Present ODO :5700 KMs:2010 Safari LX VTT - Cycus Grey

Hi Anuj
have you fitted a digital clock in the car? i am trying to source one for my Safari- not able to find one with LED display. Kindly let me know details if possible. Enjoy the car , cheers.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:41   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Hi Anuj
have you fitted a digital clock in the car? i am trying to source one for my Safari- not able to find one with LED display. Kindly let me know details if possible. Enjoy the car , cheers.
Hi DieselOne, I do not have digital clock in my Safari. Instead my head unit displays clock and date in quite big font. All passengers can see it comfortably. If I get good one I will fit it.

More update:

I have ordered set of Team-BHP stickers for my Safari. I stick two of them in my car. Have any one spotted it?
Old 8th February 2011, 09:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Hi DieselOne, I do not have digital clock in my Safari. Instead my head unit displays clock and date in quite big font. All passengers can see it comfortably. If I get good one I will fit it.

More update:

I have ordered set of Team-BHP stickers for my Safari. I stick two of them in my car. Have any one spotted it?
Hi Anuj - are you sure? I thought the digital clock is a standard across all variants. Have you tried switching the right black button on the instrument console through the modes - Trip meter A - B - Illumination - Digital Clock - Ambient temp.(Order maybe wrong, check manual).

As for the stickers, keep watching the thread dedicated for 'Team-BHP Stickers on your car'.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:52   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hi Anuj - are you sure? I thought the digital clock is a standard across all variants. Have you tried switching the right black button on the instrument console through the modes - Trip meter A - B - Illumination - Digital Clock - Ambient temp.(Order maybe wrong, check manual).

As for the stickers, keep watching the thread dedicated for 'Team-BHP Stickers on your car'.
Suresh, that digital clock is only useful for driver. Yes I have that in my car. But sometimes passenger also wants to see time during long-long drive.

Since you have EX you have got analog clock and it is good to have. In LX version there is no clock.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:36   #113
Senior - BHPian

Safari with Team-BHP Sticker. Got BHP? at parking place near Mysore Palace
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0028-medium.jpg

Mysore Palace in full glory
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0040-medium.jpg
Old 11th February 2011, 10:01   #114
Senior - BHPian

re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

Hi Anuj - Good to hear about the second service completion. Quick question - Do you feel that the engine has become a bit more smoother after the second service ?

I shall keep an eye out to spot the sticker and your car.
Old 12th February 2011, 14:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

t
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi Anuj - Good to hear about the second service completion. Quick question - Do you feel that the engine has become a bit more smoother after the second service ?

I shall keep an eye out to spot the sticker and your car.
Yes after second service engine feel is lot more smoother than earlier. After first service I felt it more.

@cool_dube Yes I am planning to get 3M underbody coating and paint protection outside KHT. At least I will save few moolahs if done outside. I have got contact number for 3M person also. I will evaluate 3M store quotation and idividual contact.
Old 12th February 2011, 18:39   #116
BANNED

@anujmishra - Great car and it looks even better with the cladding and bumpers painted. Is the power loss issue sorted out by tata? or are you still facing same problems?
Old 14th February 2011, 19:37   #117
BHPian

Re: ICE fitted and accesories details

Quote:
Accessories and changes Details

Already installed

1. Garware Sunfilm (freebies from KHT)
2. Mats and Mudflaps (freebies from KHT). I want to change it in near future.
3. Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back)

Planning to install

1. Front OEM fog lamps
2. Rear fog lamps
3. Front windscreen film
4. Seat covers (As of now fabric one only)
5. Seat organizer
6. Good quality digital clock
7. Good quality perfume (My wife is allergic to wonderful car smell )

Modifications

1. Phillips Extreme Power bulbs.
2. Arctic silver cladding painting. Deal already done. I am planning to give Safari on next Monday - 4/10/2010 (Once paints and required materials available at KHT)
Hi Anuj,
Thanks for the great thread and regularly updating it. I am planning to buy an LX from KHT. Going to place the order on wednesday. Since its on company lease, I plan to get all the accessories before delievry.
Would you let me know how much it cost you to get :

- Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back)
- Front OEM fog lamps
- Rear fog lamps
- Arctic silver cladding painting

Thansk,
JP
Old 14th February 2011, 19:46   #118
BHPian

Re: Update: Second Service done at 5127 Kms Total Kms Now: 5700 Kms

Quote:
1. 3M paint protection
2. 3M under body coating
How is the 3M paint protection different than the outer body teflon protection which comes by default in all the Safari Variants?
Old 16th February 2011, 11:03   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
Would you let me know how much it cost you to get :
- Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back)
- Front OEM fog lamps
- Rear fog lamps
- Arctic silver cladding painting
Dear recker_us,
I'm quoting you approximate cost for above four items. My deal was bit different so exact cost of my deal may not match. Here are the cost of each item
- Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back) --- 4000.00 Rupees
- Front OEM fog lamps ---- 3100.00 Rupees
- Rear fog lamps --- 700.00 Rupees
- Arctic silver cladding painting--- 16,500.00 Rupees

Quote:
How is the 3M paint protection different than the outer body teflon protection which comes by default in all the Safari Variants?
I don't have much knowledge about difference between 3M paint protection and Teflon coating. I am still researching it and I will visit 3M store to know more about difference and better product.
Old 16th February 2011, 18:30   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Dear recker_us,
I'm quoting you approximate cost for above four items. My deal was bit different so exact cost of my deal may not match. Here are the cost of each item
- Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back) --- 4000.00 Rupees
- Front OEM fog lamps ---- 3100.00 Rupees
- Rear fog lamps --- 700.00 Rupees
- Arctic silver cladding painting--- 16,500.00 Rupees

I don't have much knowledge about difference between 3M paint protection and Teflon coating. I am still researching it and I will visit 3M store to know more about difference and better product.
Thanks Anuj. I booked a black Safari Today with Concord.
- Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back) --- Concord is asking 15k for the Sensors with LCD. They categorically warned that they would not be responsible if the outside fitting creates a spark in electricals and spoil it. The warranty for electricals would go void once I fit any electricals from any other outside vendor.

- Front OEM fog lamps ---- Concord Quoted 4400 for it.
- Rear fog lamps --- I didnt check the prices for it.
- Arctic silver cladding painting--- He suggested to go for a Earth Grey Color which goes very well with the Black safari. Price quoted was 14k.

Last edited by recker_us : 16th February 2011 at 18:31. Reason: .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks