Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 11:20   #136
BHPian

re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

^^ not using AC is the pathetic advice that one would do !!! Somehow, I have never got impressed with KHT [both sales & service] people [except one] so far in all my discussions. I have interacted with several folks and all were fooling around

The one exception was from sales while I was test driving Safari back in 2009 and he quit KHT and joined VW around April 2010 !

Prem.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:48   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ not using AC is the pathetic advice that one would do !!! Somehow, I have never got impressed with KHT [both sales & service] people [except one] so far in all my discussions. I have interacted with several folks and all were fooling around ...
Well, I agree to certain amount with you kavi. Their sales staffs are not upto the mark but I feel one of the service chief for Safari possess adequate knowledge.

I also do not impressed with Safari service advisor much. However they all are courteous.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:32   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow, I have never got impressed with KHT [both sales & service] people [except one] so far in all my discussions. I have interacted with several folks and all were fooling around

Prem.
Where do you leave your car for service? I plan to change from KHT as it's quite a distance and easily takes 1/2 day just to commute.
Old 11th May 2011, 20:00   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Where do you leave your car for service? I plan to change from KHT as it's quite a distance and easily takes 1/2 day just to commute.
I travel the same 1/2 day for leaving and getting it back by going to Chikka Begur gate Concorde Service Center [Off Hosur Road]. My workplace is a stone throw away distance from KHT service center, still I dont prefer KHT due to my experience with them on both my Marina and minor fixes done on Safari.

Prem.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:49   #140
BHPian

I too would prefer to go to Concorde but the last time I tried Conconrde I ended up taking a day's leave. My office is in Whitefield.
So last service (15000kms) was done at KHT.. Though nothing to praise about, they haven't screwed up anything yet.
And the service advisor Sharanappa is from Manipal and quite courteous. And it is very easy for me to drive down to KHT at lunch time for any minor adjustment or fix, like yesterday when had to replace the power steering pressure pipe.

But yes, Concorde seem to be the best in business among the ones in Bangalore, they seem to have a long history and experience.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

Wouldnt Concorde do a pick up and drop facility if booked in advance ? I normally go the Mysore Road Concorde motors. At one instance where i couldnt go to pick up my car, they dropped it home - ofcourse, i would have preferred to be present myself going through the works before i sign on the delivery gate pass.

I found the Safari SA at Concorde mysore road facility to be courteous and quick in getting things done.
Old 14th May 2011, 19:36   #142
Senior - BHPian

Update @ ~ 10K Kms

Since many days I have not updated this thread about my Safari. The update is there is no update.

Safari giving me loyal service without any hiccups. There is no problem at all even there is no problem of any squeaking sound in my Safari. I have not visited TASS for very long () but want to visit once it completes 10K for tire rotation. Still few hundred kms left for 10K (~).

I have not changed engine oil at 7.5K KMs. I decided not to do over maintenance and stick to company recommended duration.

We went to 1400 Kms trip with 5 Adults and 2 Kids on board to Munnar, Ooty and Mysore. Every occupants thoroughly enjoyed "the ride" and no one felt tired at all during whole journey.

Till now, I have done four long drives with Safari
1. Bangalore - Tirupati - Bangalore
2. Bangalore - Madurai - Rameshwaram - Bangalore
3. Bangalore - Mysore - Bangalore
4. Bangalore - Munnar - Ooty - Mysore - Bangalore

All of the above trip, we all enjoyed thoroughly. My daily drive is around 25Km in city condition. Here are the average details of my Safari till now

1. City condition: 10+
2. Tirupati trip (Before first service): 12+
3. Rameshwaram trip: 14+
4. Munnar - Ooty trip: 12+ (Due to hilly roads most of the time)

Only one small issue I am observing (not Safari related) is that my rear left tire is loosing pressure in few days. Last time it reached 20 PSI. I am observing it now and will get it to puncture shop for repair.

Tomorrow is day for thorough interior cleaning and polishing it. Will share picture after job done. Last time I was not able to take picture.

Important Update: Powerloss issue is present but goes away with high revving once in a day or two upto 4K RPM.

Enjoy these two pics as of now (off course not of very good quality)The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0048border-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0075-medium.jpg
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 22:54   #143
Senior - BHPian

anuj, quick quesiton- Since you are using an LX, how is your experience with the braking?

I used to own a 3.0 LX and the brakes were quite crappy. I have driven the newer 2.2s and found them to be an improvement for sure, but since you have covered some good mileage on your truck, are you satisfied with the braking. Have you ever felt the need for ABS? Or does the old "pumping the brakes" routine compensate for lack of ABS (I used to do that for emergency stops on my safari)

Thanks and happy mile munching.
Old 15th May 2011, 15:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
anuj, quick quesiton- Since you are using an LX, how is your experience with the braking?
My experience of braking in Safari is very good. Until now I have not felt necessity of ABS (However it is good to have feature). Brakes are very powerful and never felt that it is loosing grip over car or overshooting its stopping distance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

Today, I went for complete makeover of my Safari "The Ride". (I have renamed my Safari with "The Ride" with immediate effect.)

Day started with my regular car washer man washed it neatly and cleaned interior and washed mats.

Then I took over from him and did complete vacuuming of my car with the help of car vacuum cleaner. I have purchased vacuum cleaner of Coido brand and it is worth and doing its duty. It collected all dust from carpet and floor area and whole car was thoroughly cleaned from inside.

Then, I cleaned full body of "The Ride" with the help of microfiber clothes. Then turn came for waxing full car. I have Collinite 845 liquid wax and I'm very happy with its performance and easy application.

Whole car was waxed and rubbed by microfiber cloth. Last time, I did three months back (February) and I like to continue with 3 month cycle of full waxing myself. It took me 2 hours complete for waxing alone and with the end result, I'm more than happy. This time I did whole car including roof also.

I also have Sonax Dashboard Polish. Whole dashboard was cleaned by my regular car washing man. I cleaned once more and applied polish on dashboard and all black plastic area (inside & outside) too (Between windshield and bonut wiper place). Each and every area where applied regained its shine.

So, this was Self Detailing effort by me and with end result & I'm full of satisfaction.

Posting some pictures of my work here on "The Ride".The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0237.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0240.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0239.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0241.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0242.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0244.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0245.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0247.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0253.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0254.jpg

Last edited by anujmishra : 15th May 2011 at 15:27.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:42   #145
BHPian

Man, she is gleaming... I am too late and high time I get the collinite wax for mine...
Old 16th May 2011, 12:34   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Man, she is gleaming... I am too late and high time I get the collinite wax for mine...
Thanks.

Buy Collinite 845 and it is good for weekend exercise (In place of gym). It is easy on application and produce result very fast. As per wax manual its life is 6 month but I will do waxing of my car every three months.
Old 20th May 2011, 03:09   #147
BHPian

Quote:
^^ If I remember right, the 15K price for rear parking sensor is to fit in like the way its in VX version - It will be the rear view mirror inside that will have 4" [?] sized LCD.
Of course, am surprised that its getting out of warranty when they do it in the showroom !

Btw, whats the version you have booked and which Concorde [Dairy circle OR Mysore road] ?

Prem.
@ KAVIPREM, I have almost finalised a cycus grey Lx from concorde . when I asked for OEM fog lamps to be added on i was quoted a whopping 10 k that included 4000 for fog lamps +1500 for relay +1000 for coil + 3500 for the switch. i was asking for the fog lamp switch to be same as the one in EX. can you advise me if this is correct?
Old 20th May 2011, 07:15   #148
BHPian

^^ Sudhakarg, I am sorry I am not aware of such details and mine is VX that came with all these things from factory.

Prem.
Old 20th May 2011, 08:42   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Today, I went for complete makeover of my Safari "The Ride"...
So, this was Self Detailing effort by me and with end result & I'm full of satisfaction.
Nice gleaming truck there!
Buy a tyre polish (comes in a spray can) too. It'll keep your tyres clean 'n' black (just like when you get the car back from servicing).

Plus 'black, clean' tyres do add to the complete polished look!!
Old 20th May 2011, 09:06   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
@ KAVIPREM, I have almost finalised a cycus grey Lx from concorde . when I asked for OEM fog lamps to be added on i was quoted a whopping 10 k that included 4000 for fog lamps +1500 for relay +1000 for coil + 3500 for the switch. i was asking for the fog lamp switch to be same as the one in EX. can you advise me if this is correct?
Their estimation is almost correct except two things. Here is estimation

1. Fog Lamps (2Nos): 2500.00 Rupees
2. Relay: 350 Rupees
3. Wiring: 300 Rupees
4. Switch: 50 Rupees

So, it will not be more than 3200 in any case. Switch what Concorde suggested is complete panel switch. Which is not required. Instead you can go after market switch, which will be placed on dashboard (4X4 switch place).

In fact Lx comes with Fog lamp fuse and relay inbuilt. But these guys afraid of using OEM setup for Fog lams fitting. So, they ask for another relay.

Ex/Gx/Vx switch plate is indeed 3500 Rupees. But I do not know what is their estimation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks