Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 17:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Anuj, Congrats on the new purchase !! I am sure you will enjoy the beast.
Hope to see some nice and rough travelogues from you.

so when is the travelogue to your hometown(Patna??) happening?

Abhi
Old 4th October 2010, 18:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Once again Congrats .. Anuj

Will like to do audition of your ICE ASAP.

As I see there some visual of improvements in 2010 Safari Lx like Gear knob, Clutch , Side indicators and that chrome lip on the bumper.

About that Cig lighter socket I think you should do an alternative arrangement as I told earlier the soft opening cover is prone to break and they sell the whole facia of the central console. Probably you can ask ICE installer to provide an extra Cig lighter socket somewhere on the dash towards drivers side.

Last edited by amitk26 : 4th October 2010 at 18:27.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Anuj, Congrats on the new purchase !! I am sure you will enjoy the beast.
Hope to see some nice and rough travelogues from you.
so when is the travelogue to your hometown(Patna??) happening?
Abhi
Thanks Abhi, Travelogue to hometown will come sometimes early next year. Now I have two travel on cards.

1. Bangalore - Nagpur - Shirdi - Mumbai - Bangalore
2. Bangalore - Tirupati - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Once again Congrats .. Anuj

Will like to do audition of your ICE ASAP.

As I see there some visual of improvements in 2010 Safari Lx like Gear knob, Clutch , Side indicators and that chrome lip on the bumper.

About that Cig lighter socket I think you should do an alternative arrangement as I told earlier the soft opening cover is prone to break and they sell the whole facia of the central console. Probably you can ask ICE installer to provide an extra Cig lighter socket somewhere on the dash towards drivers side.
After your warning even I am thinking so to get extra cig lighter socket. I have some extra attachments of cig lighter (brought from Korea). I think with little effort I can fit that somewhere near dash. It has 4 cig lighter socket and 1 USB port.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:18   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your Buy Anuj. The safari interiors, well less spoken the better. What i suggest is to get a good art leather including the door panels. It would give you a feel rich to balance the equation. Go though the service experiences in various threads. It will help you in the long run.
Old 5th October 2010, 09:25   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
One observation: Extra pair of headlight bulb which was given to me at the time of delivery is of AutoPal company. But in headlight there was PHILIPS brand. Why TATA mix and match bulbs too?
Most OEMs source multiple vendors for their requirements of a single product. You may also see Lucas TVS, Minda and Comet bulbs as well.

Coming to your rubber mats, I suggest you think twice before removing them since they are very easy to clean even with the worst of usage. In case you have decided to remove them, you could go for the plastic mats like HappyWheels has. They too are good.

Don't go for red though.
Old 5th October 2010, 09:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Today I gave Safari for cladding painting. I am going for arctic silver cladding paining. One more reason going for sliver is it is not very prone for scratches. suman's Safari is living example. I will get back my car on Wednesday.

After finishing painting it should look like below car except alloys. Below photographs are sourced from Team-BHP only.
This is one of the most good looking color combinations on the Safari.. What a beauty your Safari is going to be.

One question - what about the handle like thing on the roof, just behind the roof racks? In LX they come in Grey, and in all other variants they are body colored. So, in your case, after painting the claddings and bumper to silver, would this thing on the roof remain grey, or you will get that painted to cycus grey as well?

Just curious...
Old 5th October 2010, 12:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Coming to your rubber mats, I suggest you think twice before removing them since they are very easy to clean even with the worst of usage.
I agree with you. These rubbery mat are very easy to clean and can be washed without any problem. Mats are prone to get muds and dust. It goes only after washing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
One question - what about the handle like thing on the roof, just behind the roof racks? In LX they come in Grey, and in all other variants they are body colored. So, in your case, after painting the claddings and bumper to silver, would this thing on the roof remain grey, or you will get that painted to cycus grey as well?
Just curious...
Roof thing will be painted in Cycus Grey color only. Claddings and Bumpers will be painted in Arctic Silver color. Look will be exactly similar to Cycus Grey and Arctic Silver combination of GX. Today evening I will visit KHT and check the progress.
Old 5th October 2010, 16:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Roof thing will be painted in Cycus Grey color only. Claddings and Bumpers will be painted in Arctic Silver color. Look will be exactly similar to Cycus Grey and Arctic Silver combination of GX. .....

... so i paid 2 lakhs etc for this?

The price difference between variants is simply too high. I hope Aria launch rationalizes this.
Old 5th October 2010, 16:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anuj! Its a dream to own vehicle for many including me but some or the other reasons keep us away from the safari. Happy motoring, car would look better with painted bumpers and side claddings.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anuj for your beast. Wish you miles and miles of joy on road

Quote:
Extra pair of headlight bulb ... is of AutoPal company. But in headlight... was PHILIPS...
Same in my Safari too. Even in my eight year old wagon-R original fitted is Halonyx and spares are some unknown brand. Cost cutting I think. Yes Philips Xtreme Power does improve the headlight, also, get your HL leveling done at the next visit to TASS if not done already.

cheers,

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 5th October 2010 at 17:07. Reason: minor typo
Old 5th October 2010, 17:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Coming to your rubber mats, I suggest you think twice before removing them since they are very easy to clean even with the worst of usage. In case you have decided to remove them, you could go for the plastic mats like HappyWheels has. They too are good....
+1 to that. The rubber mats are a life saver when you do those beach trips or have people walking into the vehicle after passing thru a muddy path. I have also had the rubber mats save the carpet beneath, when the TASS guy drained a wiper tank into the passenger side floor. The water was held by the rubber mat.

Quote:
...Don't go for red though.
You had to say this, don't you!
Old 5th October 2010, 18:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

@ Happywheels
Carpet + Rubber mats + Rubber coir (red) = Whoa !! That's some floor damping you've done, now you know the reason for drop in FE.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Et tu, Luke!

(Sorry for the OT, Anuj! )

And FE dropped due to all those évil eyes'
Old 5th October 2010, 21:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Et tu, Luke!

(Sorry for the OT, Anuj! )

And FE dropped due to all those évil eyes'
I thought you already had the nimboo , mirchi hanging below the front bumper to ward off evil eyes..

Last edited by bkishore_77 : 5th October 2010 at 21:14.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
... so i paid 2 lakhs etc for this?...
Hey druva, I was just teasing and small consolation for me . At least not from inside but outside I have Safari which looks like GX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Congrats Anuj! Its a dream to own vehicle for many including me but some or the other reasons...
Thanks jacs, It is kind of addiction and my full and final goal was Safari only. Any other car would have been compromise. I was intending to go for GX but for GX I had to wait till next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
..original fitted is Halonyx and spares are some unknown brand... Philips Xtreme Power does improve the headlight, also, get your HL leveling done at the next visit to TASS if not done already
Thanks bj96. HL leveling I will do during first service. Small correction is required in leveling. Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are ok for night driving as per my initial experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The rubber mats are a life saver...
Absolutely and it is very easy to maintain and wash off the dirt or mud. Carpet mat is not suitable for rainy season at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks