Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 22:12   #151
Senior - BHPian

Puncture + Wire Short

Last two weeks I was observing puncture in rear left tyre of my Safari. Pressure was coming down to 16 PSI from 35 PSI in a week. On Tuesday 24/5/11 I went to Tyre Empire near Varthur Road, Whitefield. It was indeed puncture and one steel screw pierced mid of the tyre.

Tyre Empire found it and repaired with Mushroom puncture repair technique. They charged me 200Rs. for puncture repair. I got the bill also.

PS: This is first time in life, I got the computer generated *BILL* for puncture repairs. . India is progressing.

When I returned after puncture repair to my home, while parking I observed that rear right window is not working. Rest three were OK. I suspected blown fuse & replaced with other spare fuse. Nothing happened. I rushed to KHT Service, which is nearby to my house.

Ramesh & Shashidhar of KHT tried with several fuses and all fuses were blown. It was found that wire was short somewhere with body. They asked me to come next day as it was 6:30PM and all electrician went for the day.

Next day, I left Safari with them and they diagnosed one wire was short in driver side door. They were suspecting rat bite. Thank god it was not there. I was very tensed. I had bitter experience of rat bite with my 800 before. Rats literally chew wires without mercy.

They corrected short circuit by putting black tape on it and replaced all blown fuses. It started working. Big Relief. Again I say, Ramesh & Shashidhar of KHT Service were very courteous and serious to look into the problem. I always had good experience with them.

This is small update from my side.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 17:29   #152
BHPian

Re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

Anuj, didn't get it clear from your post - do you mean the rats caused the short inside door or was it due to some other reason?
Old 28th May 2011, 20:21   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Anuj, didn't get it clear from your post - do you mean the rats caused the short inside door or was it due to some other reason?
Rat was suspected but it was may be vibration of wire loop and rubbing off door, it removed some wires plastic insulation.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:21   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
anuj, quick quesiton- Since you are using an LX, how is your experience with the braking?
Hi,
I own a 4x2 Tata Safari Lx version 2008. Considering the fact that it is a nearly 2 ton SUV , the braking at best can be considered 'average' at speeds below 80 kmph. I would really desist banking upon the brakes of the SUV at any speeds above 80.
If braking is hard, being a rear wheel drive and heavy at that, the rear tends to get out of line whenever the wheels lock. I have experienced such a situation once when I had to pump the brakes repeatedly to avoid collision. I do not think I would have been able to avoid the colission if I han't kept my senses and manage to steer away just in time amist the frantic braking!

cheers
Old 6th June 2011, 17:03   #155
BHPian

Re: Puncture + Wire Short

Dear ANUJ ,
Thanks for your comments . I have picked up a safari LX after deliberating for a long time over sedans . I almost got myself a linea.

I wish i could go the whole hog and get a VX as i was used to sedans with ABS and the reassuring safety of airbags.
In the end I thought , i will ply a safari for a few years and then put my money on a well speced SUV. Team BHP postings played a big role when i made my choices you , Kavi prem amongst others - thanks to you

I chose LX over EX as it allowed me to choose my music system , and i wasnt going to miss the rear roof AC anyways. i m getting fog lamps installed soon as the concorde guys damaged the fogs while installing and a replacement will be available only on wednesday.
I am wrestling with the gears for now as i have graduated from sleek geared swift and SA4. will post details later
do advise me on ICE ,Rear camera and light,
regards
Sudhakar
Old 10th June 2011, 22:18   #156
BHPian

dear Anuj

if u r a frequent traveller ,its better that u purchase a tubeless ,puncture kit and an electric air inflator,its easy to use and i have used it for my safari LX ,

be careful about rats getting into the vehicle, i had a bad experience as one of them had got stuck between engine bay and dashboard and died , and had to spend a lot of time to get rid of it , Thanks to Sharanappa and shashidhar from KHT for a good job ,

problems like switches and other electricals are always there in my vehicle too, since i bought this vehicle as I love it , i dont bother , take it to service station and get it fixed,
(my vehicle is cycus grey lx , now 56000km done,driven in almost all kinds of terrain enjoying )
Old 14th June 2011, 11:51   #157
BHPian

Hi Sudhakar,

What was the onroad price for you? Was any discount offered? Any accessories? I am planning to buy LX from Concorde. They mentioned Rs 984000 before any discount. A corporate discount of Rs 6000 is available, but I am selfemployed.
We were quite attracted to the pearlwhite color, but thats not available in LX version. Only dual color is available in LX. I guess either arctic white or black will be the final choice.

Anuj, could you let me know the must-have accesories for LX and approx cost.

Rgds
VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
@ KAVIPREM, I have almost finalised a cycus grey Lx from concorde . when I asked for OEM fog lamps to be added on i was quoted a whopping 10 k that included 4000 for fog lamps +1500 for relay +1000 for coil + 3500 for the switch. i was asking for the fog lamp switch to be same as the one in EX. can you advise me if this is correct?
Old 14th June 2011, 11:58   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Anuj, could you let me know the must-have accesories for LX and approx cost.

Rgds
VW
For LX following must have accessories:

1. Music System of your choice. Decent one you will get around ~20K
2. Seat covers (PU leather prefereable)
3. Headlights upgrade to either Osram Night breaker or Philips Extreme Vision bulbs
4. Mud flaps / Mats

Optional Accessories:

1. Cladding painting
2. Reverse parking sensor (Camera one would be preferred if you like it)
3. OEM Fog lamps
4. Screen with DVD player if you would like to watch movie while travelling.
5. Woofer if you are music freak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
if u r a frequent traveller ,its better that u purchase a tubeless ,puncture kit and an electric air inflater, its easy to use and i have used it for my safari LX , be careful about rats getting into the vehicle, i had a bad experience as one of them had got stuck between engine bay and dashboard and died , and had to spend a lot of time to get rid of it , Thanks to Sharanappa and shashidhar from KHT for a good job ,
I have tubeless puncture kit and other extra tools. I am looking for good quality inflater. Suggest me if you know anyone. Rats made havoc in my earlier car 800.

Last edited by anujmishra : 14th June 2011 at 12:05.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

Seat Cover:

At last, for my Safari, I got Art Leather seat covers installed after many research with Art Leather seat cover manufacturers & providers.

I got it installed by Pensee Leather, Kanakpura Road, Bangalore and they did fantastic job. With the seat covers, I did door pads, gear boot, gear knob, hand brake also. Gear knob & hand brake done in genuine matching leather.

I must say, fitting Art Leather seat cover in Safari is helluva of task and it takes too much of time, patience & skills. Pensee Leather did wonderful job and they were very patient while installing and checking each and every small things. I went for highest quality Art Leather material available with them in beige and brown combination. I shall upload photos in couple of days.

Pensee leather owner gave me option for doorstep (home) fitting also but I opted to visit their shop/facility for better quality fitting.

Air Compressor:

Two weeks back, I also purchased Air Compressor for my Safari for Rs. 2500 from one of the tyre dealer. It is one of good quality solid metal build compressor. It fills Safari tyre in less than a minute from 20 to 35 PSI. It is required accessory for all my air needs for four wheeler and two wheeler.

Moreover, for tubeless tyre, if you have air compressor during long drive puncture situation, one can easily drive for 100 - 200 Kms by filling air in between.

Last edited by anujmishra : 3rd July 2011 at 22:16.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:58   #160
Senior - BHPian

Great will love to see the covers but how did you zero in on Kanakpura road quite far from your place I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

Air Compressor:

Two weeks back, I also purchased Air Compressor for my Safari for Rs. 2500 from one of the tyre dealer. It is one of good quality solid metal build compressor. It fills Safari tyre in less than a minute from 20 to 35 PSI. It is required accessory for all my air needs for four wheeler and two wheeler.
Is this from same place where you got your alignment check done ?
What happened to camber thing BTW ?
Old 4th July 2011, 09:46   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Great will love to see the covers but how did you zero in on Kanakpura road quite far from your place I guess.
Anytime you can check my seat covers. I spoke to many seat covers manufacturers. But Pensee Leather was prompt and interested doing work. They visited office with design in laptop and material sample. Also, I do not like material provided by popular manufacturer of seat cover in Bangalore at the similar cost, which is available with most of the car accessories dealer.

Quote:
Is this from same place where you got your alignment check done ?
What happened to camber thing BTW ?
Yeah, it is from same place. I still did not corrected my camber problem. I will visit Emm Emm Motors (Near to our office) for alignment sometimes this week. Not finding time due to occupancy/customer visits at office. You Know.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:59   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Seat Cover:

At last, for my Safari, I got Art Leather seat covers installed after many research with Art Leather seat cover manufacturers & providers.
Congratulations for the covers, Anuj.

Time for some pics !! Please post them for all to view

Happy Motoring !!
Old 4th July 2011, 10:24   #163
BHPian

Congrats Anuj. Time for pictures, and what did it cost?

Suresh.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:20   #164
Senior - BHPian

Anuj - Where in Kanakapura road is this seat cover guy ? I live at K'pura road and would be glad to pay a visit and explore.
Old 4th July 2011, 13:47   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Anuj - Where in Kanakapura road is this seat cover guy ? I live at K'pura road and would be glad to pay a visit and explore.
Hello jkrishnakj,

Here is address of Pensee Leather:

Near Eshwara Temple,
Kumarans school Road,
Doddakallasandra, Kanakpura Main Road,
Bangalore
Phone: +919740552055, +919886683340
email : support@penseeleathers.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks