Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 18:57   #121
BHPian

re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

^^ If I remember right, the 15K price for rear parking sensor is to fit in like the way its in VX version - It will be the rear view mirror inside that will have 4" [?] sized LCD.
Of course, am surprised that its getting out of warranty when they do it in the showroom !

Btw, whats the version you have booked and which Concorde [Dairy circle OR Mysore road] ?

Prem.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back) --- Concord is asking 15k for the Sensors with LCD.
I have non LCD version basic one fitted by KHT only.

Quote:
Front OEM fog lamps ---- Concord Quoted 4400 for it.
Per fog lamp price is 1200 Rupees, then they need 300 Rupees relay, Switch 50 Rupees, 400 Rupees fitting charge. So, if you add everything
1200+1200+300+400+50 = 3150.00 Rupees

4400.00 Rupees is way more than actual price.

Quote:
- Arctic silver cladding painting--- He suggested to go for a Earth Grey Color which goes very well with the Black safari. Price quoted was 14k.
He is correct. Black comes with Real Earth color of cladding. Only Cycus grey comes with Arctic Silver.

Last edited by anujmishra : 16th February 2011 at 21:25.
Old 19th February 2011, 23:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Collinite 845 wax and COIDO vacuum cleaner for my Safari from eBay.

Waiting for the products to get delivered at home. My next saturday is booked for waxing whole car myself. I read the review of Collinite wax in Team-BHP itself. I will share result here after full waxing. Need to get couple of microfiber cloths too from Shell outlets.

Last edited by anujmishra : 20th February 2011 at 00:00.
Old 20th February 2011, 19:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will share result here after full waxing. Need to get couple of microfiber cloths too from Shell outlets.
Anuj, I will share the microfibre if you "share" the waxing part
Old 21st February 2011, 09:31   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Anuj, I will share the microfibre if you "share" the waxing part
Any day Hari. You are most welcome to "share" waxing part with me.
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:14   #126
Senior - BHPian

Few updates for Safari

1. Received Collinite 845 wax and vacuum cleaner from eBay. Last sunday, I spent 2 hours for waxing entire Safari. Oh man, what a result after that. It was all shining. Application of Collinite 845 wax is very easy and produce result very fast.

2. Used vacuum cleaner to clean carpets of car and it gave good result but not like Black&Decker one.

3. Last week it was raining in Bangalore and first time I braked hard near K.R. Puram to avoid one fallen two wheeler rider due oil & water residue on road. Safari drifted 1-1.5 feet left due to hard braking from back side. I feel during such situation ABS might have helped. All wheels were jammed due to hard braking on slippery road.
Some BMTC bus dropped heavy amount of engine oil in that area. One day back, I read in paper total 70 bike riders fell in that place. Biker who fell in front of me was another victim due to deadly combination of rainwater and engine oil on road. Here is the story

Bangalore Mirror - Bangalore Mirror

Anuj in this story is not me.

4. Yesterday (1/3/11) while going back from office to home, engine malfunction (Yellow color) light came up. I went to KHT and they diagnosed with laptop. Found some (fuel?)actuator was loose due which light came up. After that we took 20 Kms test drive malfunction did not come.

Last edited by anujmishra : 2nd March 2011 at 18:17.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:02   #127
BHPian

I checked in ebay, is it the Collinite Super Double coat autowas (Rs.1040) or the Collinite Liqid Wax no.845 Car Wax (Rs.925)? Or some other?
And how many bottles you need for Safari?

And how to apply? Using cloth? Any risk of adding swirls?
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:40   #128
BANNED

Hey, really sorry to hear about the bike mishap. You are right, ABS should be considered as a necessary safety option. Also, could you post some pictures of the wax polish and your car's pictures after you have cleaned it with wax?
For how much did you buy the wax for and how do you apply and use it? Some pointers would be helpful
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
I checked in ebay, is it the Collinite Super Double coat autowas (Rs.1040) or the Collinite Liqid Wax no.845 Car Wax (Rs.925)? Or some other?
And how many bottles you need for Safari?
And how to apply? Using cloth? Any risk of adding swirls?
Yes, mine is Collinite Liquid Wax 845. Price is same as you wrote + delivery charges of 50 Rs. It gave me exceptional result of shine and it took only 1.5 hours for me to wax whole Safari (except cladding and roof).

One bottle is sufficient for at least 7 - 10 times for Safari. It does not take much.

I bought two microfiber cloths from Shell petrol pump. I used microfiber cloth for buffing and used cotton vest (soft one) for putting wax on body. Make sure before waxing whole body should be washed and clean. Then again clean with Jopasu duster or microfiber cloth (To removed dust after drying). After that apply wax and leave it for 10 - 12 minutes then buff it in circular motion with microfiber cloth. You will get exceptional shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Hey, really sorry to hear about the bike mishap. You are right, ABS should be considered as a necessary safety option. Also, could you post some pictures of the wax polish and your car's pictures after you have cleaned it with wax?
For how much did you buy the wax for and how do you apply and use it? Some pointers would be helpful
I bought wax from Automall online through ebay. Price I have mentioned above. Search Automall in ebay.

I will try to share waxing result here asap.
Old 5th March 2011, 16:14   #130
BHPian

Thanks for Sharing the Waxing experience Anuj.
I got two different types of Microfiber from Shell. One set looks like the traditional soft towel kinda fiber. The other one has lots of ultra-thick Sphagetti projections coming out of it. The seller was not able to help in explaining the difference between the two.. The instruction sticker on both the microfiber are same. Would you guys help me know the diffference and how to use them?

BTW, i didnt find the Jopasu duster.. Is it some kind of duster for dry cleaning of dust without using water or any other liquid?

Btw, I took delivery of my black Safari yesterday. This 2000 rpm limit for the initial 1000 kms is a pain.. Its like chaining a lion.. :(

Last edited by recker_us : 5th March 2011 at 16:17. Reason: .
Old 7th March 2011, 10:48   #131
BHPian

Congrats recker_us.. Do reopen your thread soon and post more pics.

Regarding Jopasu duster, just send a PM to MKH in this forum. Include your phone number. He'll arrange for a delivery. Yes, this duster is only for dry dusting, doesn't work with water. It is effective, so you dont have to water wash every 2-3 days. I water wash once a week only, but dry dust with jopasu every day 5 mins. Very effective and car looks clean everyday.

Yes, control your speed for first 1000kms,,, anyway it comes pretty soon.. :-)
Old 7th March 2011, 11:53   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for Sharing the Waxing experience Anuj.
I got two different types of Microfiber from Shell. One set looks like the traditional soft towel kinda fiber. The other one has lots of ultra-thick Sphagetti projections coming out of it.
Hi, The small microfiber is for external wash. The sphegetti kind is for internal to absorb the dust from the dash/wheel/electronics, etc ... You may use the same to clean your home electronics like LCD, DVD player, etc ... too

Prem.
Old 7th March 2011, 13:18   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, I took delivery of my black Safari yesterday. This 2000 rpm limit for the initial 1000 kms is a pain.. Its like chaining a lion.. :(

Seems like I missed the 45 mins boundary, hence, a back to back post.

Forgot about the RPM part - I was advised the max of 3000 in run-in, but I touched till 2900 or so while in run-in period.
2000 is way too low and am sure, you can go around 2500 and would keep you smiling with that RPM with the necessary power you need to drive.

Prem.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:24   #134
BHPian

Re: Update: Second Service done at 5127 Kms Total Kms Now: 5700 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
On first of February I booked my Safari for second service. On 29th January I got a call from KHT Motors, Bangalore for reminder of second service. However it still not completed 6 months. Since my ODO was near to 5k so I booked on Tuesday 1st of February. ODO reading on service day was 5127 Kms.

I had not much complaints there were three complaints

1. Driver side door glass rubbing with something inside door.
2. Left passenger side door rattling.
3. Powerloss issue.
I had a powerloss issue in my safari also, when accelerating the accelerator pedal would stop responding, lift foot and press again and response was fine. The service indicator used to glow in the interval that accelerator pedal did not respond. After lot of experimentation, finally the issue came to be that the brake sensor was adjusted a little bit higher, and it needed minor adjustment. Looks like some safety feature kicked off accidentally because of bad adjustment of brake sensor
Old 11th May 2011, 09:55   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

Forgot about the RPM part - I was advised the max of 3000 in run-in, but I touched till 2900 or so while in run-in period.
2000 is way too low and am sure, you can go around 2500 and would keep you smiling with that RPM with the necessary power you need to drive.

Prem.
Wow .... based on KHT guys advise, I hovered around 2000RPM for the first 5000 kms. They even suggested not to use AC during the run-in, but I disregarded that recommendation.

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 11th May 2011 at 09:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks