Old 12th July 2011, 13:16   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey

Photos of Seat Cover made by Pensee Leather:

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0022-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0021-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0020-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0015-medium.jpg

Who says Safari does not have Water bottle holder?

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0018-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0019-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0016-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0017-medium.jpg

Last edited by anujmishra : 12th July 2011 at 13:20.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:02   #167
Senior - BHPian

Anuj - looks like a job well done.

The water bottles - nice of you to remember this and put this as part of the seat covers. Its so irritating not to have a place for the water bottles on long drives.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:20   #168
BHPian

Anuj - Good job.. The seats look very good now and finish looks professional.

And please share the cost of this.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:54   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
And please share the cost of this.
Thanks. Cost was 13K for seat covers with highest quality material of ART leather.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

Time for some small updates.

My Safari completed 11K Kms as of now. Next Saturday going for very long long trip of around 3500 Kms (Nagpur - Shirdi - Pune - Bangalore) . After returning from trip it will be time for second service.

1. Both the Philips Extreme Power(+80%) bulbs in headlight gave up in the interval of one month. In both bulbs filament of low beam fused. This pair of bulb lasted around 9 months.

2. Last weekend went to JC Road and bought two pairs of Philips Extreme Vision (+100% ). High beam is better in this bulb compared to Extreme Power. I came to know the Extreme Power has been stopped. Philips Extreme Vision costed me Rs. 900/- a pair from AK Traders, JC Road, Bangalore.

3. Did alignment at KHT and corrected the problems. What I came to know that parameters of Safari is even more reduced. Like Camber from 0 deg 20' to -0 deg 20'. There are parameter changes in other settings as well. They replaced/added shim to make it proper.

4. Went to Emm Emm motors for Fog Lamps alignment. They did fantastic job and serves as alternate low beam (Little less). It now compliments with headlight and usable now. Also it illuminating sides very good. This is required on highway when you travel along median and some oncoming traffic do not dip their high beam. Good for safety purpose.

5. There are no other issues cropped up and it seems by high revving power loss issue also can be controlled.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:06   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Time for some small updates.

My Safari completed 11K Kms as of now. Next Saturday going for very long long trip of around 3500 Kms (Nagpur - Shirdi - Pune - Bangalore) . After returning from trip it will be time for second service.
That sure is going to be a wonderful long drive.. Enjoy man.. I envy you (I'm having tough time taking leave for any such long drives like you)...
Old 15th August 2011, 20:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

Completed first big trip of Bangalore - Nagpur - Shirdi (via - Khamgaon - Jalna - Aurangabad) - Mumbai (via - Malshej Ghat NH-222) - Bangalore. Reached today 6:30 AM from Mumbai. It was whole night drive with occasional stopover. Took powernap of around 1.5 hours near Davangere.

It was total ~3600 KM trip all together. Nice trip and thoroughly enjoyed and as always Safari kept us comfortable without any problem en-route.

From Shirdi, I went to Mumbai for RakhshaBandhan. I mistakenly took NH - 222 via Malshej Ghat for Mumbai from Shirdi and was amazed by the beauty of Malshej Ghat during rainy season.

I did total two whole night drives:

1. Nagpur - Shirdi :Started 12:30 AM and reached Shirdi via Jalna - Aurangabad - Ellora - Ghrishneshwar around 1 PM next day.

2. Mumbai - Bangalore: It was whole night drive with 1.5 hours of power nap session near Davangere.

I am extremely happy with Philips Extreme Vision (+100%) headlamp bulbs and I feel this is perfect for night drive. I changed recently from Philips Extreme Power as both of them gave up.

More details and photo update later.
Old 19th August 2011, 08:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Here are few pics of my trip

Dirty Safari after whole day drive to Nagpur from Bangalore
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0024.jpg

Getting much deserved wash at Nagpur
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0027.jpg

Enroute to Ghrishneshwar temple (After Aurangabad)
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0029.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0033.jpg

Photo session after full night drive.
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0035.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0071.jpg

Ghrishneshwar Temple
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0078.jpg

Here is Malshej Ghat glimpse with zero visibility at many places
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0113.jpg

Malshej Ghat
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0114.jpg

Malshej Ghat
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0125.jpg

Some signboard at Shirdi
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0082.jpg

Here is Khandala Lonawala ghat
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0143.jpg

Last edited by anujmishra : 19th August 2011 at 08:44.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:10   #174
BHPian

^^ Excellent trip and nice photos Anuj ! I was planing to do the ghat section till Karwar last weekend, but the plan got cancelled. Seeing these snaps, I regret on missing my plan :(

Btw, Ignore my update on the other thread "Safariphotos".
And while I type this message, I get a notification "Private message" saying you have quoted me in the above thread

Prem.
Old 21st August 2011, 09:35   #175
Senior - BHPian

Anuj - Malshej is very popular during the monsoons. I remember several trips that i made whilst i used to live at Pune. The only idea is to get wet while at Malshej. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you didnt do this route during a weekend, since the traffic towards mumbai can be really crazy on this route. ( atleat, it used to be 8 years back )
Old 21st August 2011, 19:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a long drive successfully completed, nice pics too, what were you carrying on your rear bumper "enroute to Grishneshwar" ? Was it a fevicol wali Jod?
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:13   #177
BHPian

Excellent thread and awesome clicks.. Bit Jealous on the way you take care of ur Ride

Im planning a change of my ride too... Mighty confused between a Scorpio and a safari.. I have decided to go for the LX version in either case.. I drive a Tata Indigo now, been almost 6 yrs inside a Tata car.. My biggest worry is the cabin noise :( .. How is it inside the Safari ?
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

^^The classical dilemma.
I never had to go thru any of these pains for choice. Safari it used to be earlier ( with more cabin noise ), sold that and it had to be a Safari again. 12.5 K on the ODO for the past 7 months and i am happy. This one is with a lot lesser noise inside.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Excellent thread and awesome clicks.. Bit Jealous on the way you take care of ur Ride

Im planning a change of my ride too... Mighty confused between a Scorpio and a safari.. I have decided to go for the LX version in either case.. I drive a Tata Indigo now, been almost 6 yrs inside a Tata car.. My biggest worry is the cabin noise :( .. How is it inside the Safari ?
Usually, people get into this debate within oneself if and only if a person likes both the looks [Safari & Scorpio]. In my case, Scorpio was a straight NO as none in my family likes its look [personally, hate that villain look].
Anyway, I dont think "cabin noise" should be the deciding factor b/w Saf & Scorp since both are equally insulated [meaning incomplete insulation] in terms of both wind-cutting noise and engine noise through the vents and dash.
I suggest you wait for Merlin launch and am sure both wind-cutting and the engine noise is taken care with proper insulation along with a whole lot of technical advancements in terms of both safety and comfort features.
So wait

Prem.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Congrats on a long drive successfully completed, nice pics too, what were you carrying on your rear bumper "enroute to Grishneshwar" ? Was it a fevicol wali Jod?
Thanks Hari. It was some thing (dental powder <dantmanjan> with tobacco, people call it gul) for my cousin. He accompanied me till Shirdi from Nagpur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Im planning a change of my ride too...
Well, I never felt cabin noise is intolerable in Safari. In fact it is quite quite inside. My son and wife had long nice sleep inside it on cozy back seat. During whole lot of drive there was not a single time It troubled me. Only problem was rear right window stopped functioning due to wire short, which was sorted out by TASS quickly in Nagpur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Anuj - Malshej is very popular during the monsoons. I remember several trips that i made whilst i used to live at Pune. )
I was mesmerized by the beauty offering by Malshej. Sure, I would like to visit again as this time I hardly stopped in Malshej for enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Usually, people get into this debate within oneself if and only if a person likes both the looks [Safari & Scorpio]. In my case, Scorpio was a straight NO as none in my family likes its look [personally, hate that villain look].
In fact, Scorpio is not comfortable at all for such long drives.

In Safari we did this much long drive and after driving hundreds of KM still your energy left in you to take care of other thing.

In Scorpio, if you do such long drive you need to go to bed immediately due to tiredness. Safari's middle seat is gem and it is "chalta-firta" sofa set inside your car.

Last edited by anujmishra : 23rd August 2011 at 11:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks