Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 15:35   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Any input on the aux-in port?
One of the current owners should be able to answer it.
Old 24th February 2011, 01:57   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One of the current owners should be able to answer it.
Well, about fixing a rear tow hook..I was dissapointed with the dealer as they said I may fix one but then the warranty may get void. They dont do it either.

It is only required to stop and shift to N while changing to or from 4L, from 2H to 4H and vice versa it is on the fly. But the speed limit for 4H is 100kmph.

I have not observed any aux port, but there is a USB port..just look for it inside the glove box. My guess is the aux port will be in the variants which dont have the navigator factory fitted.

The map is a older version and the company which has given the navigator are not giving the latest upgrade from map my india yet, dont know when they will give..I guess one will have to by the latest map from the market or online from map my india.

I have travelled long distance quite a number of times since I got my vehicle in the last week of september including mountains..no issues yet. But the windshield is weak, cracked it once due to a hit by a small chip from a truck tyre in front while overtaking. I feel the safex windshields that used to come in earlier vehicles were thicker and sturdier.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This wasn't so much a hardcore test-drive event....
So we put one thru its paces, and it did SUPERB for its size. Thanks to Godfather. Your Endy is special after this sunday!!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 7031
Size:  83.2 KB

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-4.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-5.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-6.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-7.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-8.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-9.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-10.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-11.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-12.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-13.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-14.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-15.jpg

A short Video...

svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2011, 20:04   #79
BHPian

I'm in love with the Endy all over again, every day

This is amazing stuff, let me know when you guys get together again, will get my Samara too!
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:09   #80
BHPian

Oh man, i am completely in awe and love with this vehicle after the test drive.
Since currently i own a scorpio i can live with the rough backside of it, at least the handling during test drive was a much better experience in comparison to my scorpio, except that there was nothing to complain about in that vehicle (of course the stereo system was not great for a 20 lac vehicle, but that is something which can be customised as per requirement). This is my next vehicle and looking to own it in the next 6 months time.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Any input on the aux-in port?
I am sure you would have got the answer by now, but nevertheless, for the benefit of guests and other members reading this: the 3.0L 4x4 does NOT come with an aux-port. The Endeavour brochure both hard and sof copies say so! So this can't be taken up with the dealer.

Even I looked for the aux-port at first for the very same reason (iPod)
Old 17th September 2011, 02:12   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979

I am sure you would have got the answer by now, but nevertheless, for the benefit of guests and other members reading this: the 3.0L 4x4 does NOT come with an aux-port. The Endeavour brochure both hard and sof copies say so! So this can't be taken up with the dealer.

Even I looked for the aux-port at first for the very same reason (iPod)
I have an iPod classic 160GB fixed permanently in my 4x4. So, I'm not sure what you guys are referring to. Yes, the car does not come with the cable, but you can buy one at Nippon, the Kenwood dealer for Rs. 2250 or so.

They will pull out your head unit, fix the iPod cable (which comprises of a yellow video connector, red and white left audio and right audio connectors on one end and an iPod connector and USB connector on the other) to the rear of the unit. The iPod connector on the other end connects to the iPod and the male USB connects to the Female USB connector already provided in the glove compartment. The Kenwood head unit allows you to scroll through your playlists, artists, genres, etc. A very good integration with the iPod I must say!

This is so much better than actually scrolling through your playlists on your iPod as this means you will need two hands! One to hold the device and the other to scroll.
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 10:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
So, I'm not sure what you guys are referring to.
Kevin, it's this port (from Samurai's review on Page 1): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p9235242.jpg

A port that connects to the "headphones out" of the iPod via a 3.5mm male-to-male cable.

^^ What you have detailed above (thanks for it!) would be the ideal way to use the "iPod" source on the ICE:

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg

I'm going to get the above procedure done within the next month.
Old 7th August 2012, 00:06   #84
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for waking up an old thread.

I got myself a pre-owned Dec 2010 Endeavour run for 19 K kms. I was wondering if we could fix a front fender mirror (similar to the one that the Toyota Fortuner has)? The long hood is making it difficult for me to guess the gap in tight parking spots.

Similar to the one given in Fortuner Accessories section.

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

Can this fender mirror be fitted onto the Endeavour?
Old 24th August 2012, 12:08   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Sorry for waking up an old thread.

I got myself a pre-owned Dec 2010 Endeavour run for 19 K kms.
Can this fender mirror be fitted onto the Endeavour?
Yes, it is pretty much possible to fit a fender mirror on the Endy as well, have seen a few with it.

On a different note:

I had the chance to drive and sit back to back in a Fortuner and an Endeavor 2wd AT on the same stretch of road, in the same conditions and speed and I must say that the Endy was flatter and composed than the Fortuner when it came to ride quality on that undulating, patch ridden potholed road in the first and second rows.
This to me, was a revelation.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 14:22   #86
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, it is pretty much possible to fit a fender mirror on the Endy as well, have seen a few with it.
Even I saw a few Endeavours with the Fender mirror. I will get the mirror from Toyota and see if Ford can fix it.

Quote:
On a different note:

I had the chance to drive and sit back to back in a Fortuner and an Endeavor 2wd AT on the same stretch of road, in the same conditions and speed and I must say that the Endy was flatter and composed than the Fortuner when it came to ride quality on that undulating, patch ridden potholed road in the first and second rows.
This to me, was a revelation.
This is news to me and your post has put a big smile on my face. I'm very comfortable in the Endy and I wanted to test the Fortuner's ride quality especially at the rear. Not sure if GTO and others would agree to your view.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:26   #87
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
This is news to me and your post has put a big smile on my face. I'm very comfortable in the Endy and I wanted to test the Fortuner's ride quality especially at the rear. Not sure if GTO and others would agree to your view.
the Endy is an awesome vehicle, and even though this is , the Fort is no match for the Endy

On a more serious note, I think I need to TD a Fort, just so that next time I can say hey, I have checked it out myself. Yes, the 3rd row in the Endy will bounce the occupants on the slightest bump, and the middle row has significant body roll on twists and turns (best way to avoid it is to put 4 ppl on the seat - its very comfy!), I think this is pretty much the same for any SUV.

Until I get my TD, any Fort owner generous enough to offer me a ride?

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2012 at 16:25. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post
Old 24th August 2012, 15:50   #88
BANNED

Quote:
The Fortuner is very bumpy and bouncy at the rear (middle row), even with 4 occupants in the car. Yes the Endeavor has leaf springs which are not flexible, and that is what makes it stable, compared to coil springs.

For inference, it is like comparing the leaf spring Scorpio Vs the coil spring variant and I dare say that the coil spring variant has so much suspension action that it feels bumpy and bouncy.

Also, even on TBHP, you will find a few Fortuner owners who are not happy with the ride quality of the vehicle, but I m yet to find an Endeavor owner who is not happy with it, TBHP or otherwise.

And it goes without saying that TBHPians are chivalrous enough to criticize vehicles openly, even if they are our own rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
the Endy is an awesome vehicle, and even though this is , the Fort is no match for the Endy
See, there you go, one more happy Endy owner.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:09   #89
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post

Until I get my TD, any Fort owner generous enough to offer me a ride?
The Endy is an awesome SUV. On a side note, your thread was one of the motivators for me to get the Endy home. Thanks a million for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
See, there you go, one more happy Endy owner.
Add one more to the list. I love the car sooooo much that my 7 1/2 MONTH old All New Fiesta has been sleeping in the garage.

A snap of my White Endy...

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endeavouroptimized.jpg

I'm drooling looking at my Endy...
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 16:14   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I'm drooling looking at my Endy...
Probably the only forum where someone drools at his love and expects and wants others to do it too

She's pretty, @MAS, what's her name? And why did you choose that name? Are you planning to get her tints?

By the way, my Fiesta is sleeping in the garage, too! When I bought Samara, I thought I would only take her out for the highway trips, and use the "more agile" Fiesta in the city - but the Endy is so addictive, that even the super fun to drive Fiesta is losing out on my attention! And it's been this way for 2 years/45000 km

Last edited by siddheshb : 24th August 2012 at 16:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks