Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:11   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
All Endy owners,
can you please suggest which version to buy
I can see a good amount of difference in features between 4X2 MT & 4X2 AT, hence 4x2 AT makes more sense at a difference of 1.5 lacs but what about a 4x4 AT, there is a whopping difference of about 1.5 lacs again.

your views please
Are you looking to buy one? I am negotiating for a 4x2 AT in Mumbai currently and have been offered approx 1.4 Lakhs off. Do let me know what offers you are getting ?

Also, can someone shed some light on what are the differences between the 2013 version and 2014 version of the 4x2 AT
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Are you looking to buy one? I am negotiating for a 4x2 AT in Mumbai currently and have been offered approx 1.4 Lakhs off. Do let me know what offers you are getting ?

Also, can someone shed some light on what are the differences between the 2013 version and 2014 version of the 4x2 AT
Ok. thats good. what offer they are suggesting on 4x2 MT and 4x4 AT. In Lucknow, they are offering only a waiver of insurance.
How come there is a difference of vehicle discount in dealerships? is this discount on basic price?

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 22nd July 2014 at 17:23.
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:24   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. thats good. what offer they are suggesting on 4x2 MT and 4x4 AT
Haven't checked for those as I am only interested in the 4x2 AT. What discount are you being offered currently?
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:45   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haven't checked for those as I am only interested in the 4x2 AT. What discount are you being offered currently?
they are only offering a mere discount of insurance which is around 60000
Old 25th July 2014, 11:14   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

any clue why so much disparity of discount is there? i believed there is equal discount among dealerships across india
Old 27th July 2014, 05:43   #126
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All Endy owners,
can you please suggest which version to buy
I can see a good amount of difference in features between 4X2 MT & 4X2 AT, hence 4x2 AT makes more sense at a difference of 1.5 lacs but what about a 4x4 AT, there is a whopping difference of about 1.5 lacs again.

your views please
If budget is not an issue, I would recommend a 4x4 AT. For a SUV weighing almost 2 tons, the 4x4 will come in handy to pull itself out of tricky situations.

Quote:
any clue why so much disparity of discount is there? i believed there is equal discount among dealerships across india
Just put the pressure on the dealer to give more discounts. Contact the dealer in Kanpur and get a quote, compare it and bargain hard. I'm sure you will get much more than the 60K insurance waiver.

Quote:
The 2014 model comes with
- a new front, giving the Endeavour the familiar Figo/Classic family look. I prefer the looks of the 2013 truck.
- has steering mounted audio controls (placed below the steering wheel), a useful feature, since it is a pain to search for the tiny volume buttons on the HU, especially while driving.
- newer alloy design, which look sportier than the 2013 version.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:41   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is never an equal discount among dealerships of any brand. That rule is a hogwash as dealers offer discounts from their margin to dispose off vehicles. It always boils down to what you can negotiate out of a dealer.
For example there was a 2013 4x2 AT Endeavour with the Pune dealer which I negotiated down to nearly 4 lakhs discount(dealer margin discount+ford support on discount to dealer for old stock) ! However, I lost out on that deal as I took long to decide between the 2014 or 2013. Given that the changes between the two models are minimal, the 2013 was a much better buy

In the case of the 2014 which I have booked today, the dealers does not have the car in his inventory, it is being specially ordered from the Ford plant. Hence I reckon Ford too is offering some discount on the same and the dealer is putting some of his margin towards the discount also. Beyond the discount the dealer pleaded that he cannot even give me free matting as he has completely removed all possible margins. I am sure they certainly are making some money on the car but I guess thats the lowest threshold they are willing to go.

The next best offer I had was nearly half this so what your dealer is quoting you is the same as what most are quoting.

Frankly I don't think this car is worth the money. The reason it's on discount when a new facelift of 2014 was launched is because it just isn't selling. I am buying it with a heavy heart as someone in my family is an avid Endeavour lover. This is our 4th Endeavour! Thanks to to loyalty Ford is offering us free third year warranty.
We have a Fortuner too which I often use and I think thats overall better- suspension and seating height at rear are better. Although the interior quality of the Endeavour is top notch.
Here is autocar's verdict: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-389524.aspx

Good luck with your purchase !

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd August 2014 at 10:59.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 11:27   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is never an equal discount among dealerships of any brand. That rule is a hogwash as dealers offer discounts from their margin to dispose off vehicles. It always boils down to what you can negotiate out of a dealer.
For example there was a 2013 4x2 AT Endeavour with the Pune dealer which I negotiated down to nearly 4 lakhs discount(dealer margin discount+ford support on discount to dealer for old stock) ! However, I lost out on that deal as I took long to decide between the 2014 or 2013. Given that the changes between the two models are minimal, the 2013 was a much better buy

In the case of the 2014 which I have booked today, the dealers does not have the car in his inventory, it is being specially ordered from the Ford plant. Hence I reckon Ford too is offering some discount on the same and the dealer is putting some of his margin towards the discount also. Beyond the discount the dealer pleaded that he cannot even give me free matting as he has completely removed all possible margins. I am sure they certainly are making some money on the car but I guess thats the lowest threshold they are willing to go.

The next best offer I had was nearly half this so what your dealer is quoting you is the same as what most are quoting.

Frankly I don't think this car is worth the money. The reason it's on discount when a new facelift of 2014 was launched is because it just isn't selling. I am buying it with a heavy heart as someone in my family is an avid Endeavour lover. This is our 4th Endeavour! Thanks to to loyalty Ford is offering us free third year warranty.
We have a Fortuner too which I often use and I think thats overall better- suspension and seating height at rear are better. Although the interior quality of the Endeavour is top notch.
Here is autocar's verdict: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-389524.aspx

Good luck with your purchase !
Thanks for the inputs. I too have a fortuner in my family but the heavy sales cost is making me move out to endeavour. I already have two ford in my family and after sales service is not so expensive. I have negotiated with them but the most they are offering is 60000 insurance and 25000 of Tata employee on 4x2 MT. they are advocating to buy a MT over AT as the mileage is low
Old 4th August 2014, 12:42   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. I too have a fortuner in my family but the heavy sales cost is making me move out to endeavour. I already have two ford in my family and after sales service is not so expensive. I have negotiated with them but the most they are offering is 60000 insurance and 25000 of Tata employee on 4x2 MT. they are advocating to buy a MT over AT as the mileage is low
They are pushing you for MT because stock level of AT is very low at the plant. I don't think the FE is all that much lower compared to MT. Perhaps some endeavor AT owners can reflect light on this?

The AT 4x2 is best bang for the buck. It's only 45k more exp than the MT but you get a AT transmission, side airbags and roof mounted DVD screen.
Old 4th August 2014, 21:54   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Car makers seem to be stepping up the game with their communication skills. Just got this email from Ford, seems like the car has been dispatched from the factory.
Pretty impressive, never got such a mail from other manufactures
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-image.jpg  

Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 10:16   #131
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car makers seem to be stepping up the game with their communication skills. Just got this email from Ford, seems like the car has been dispatched from the factory.
That's pretty impressive

Do let us know more details of your purchase. The colour, variant and price (& of course, discounts).
Old 8th August 2014, 14:51   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
That's pretty impressive

Do let us know more details of your purchase. The colour, variant and price (& of course, discounts).
Most details are given in my previous posts.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:07   #133
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most details are given in my previous posts.
Most details?

I could only infer you have got yourself a 2014 4x2. AT or MT, which colour and what is the final OTR price.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:12   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Always been behind dealerships for an update after a booking is made. They never update you unless you take all the initiative. Even then sometimes the feedback is quite poor. This mail from Ford is much above expectations! Hope such improvements could be seen in future from other car makers too.
Old 10th September 2014, 01:09   #135
BHPian

Ford Endeavour 3.0l 4x4 AT

I am getting a Ford Endeavour Black 3.0l 4x4 2011 April run 24k km for ~11.5 Lac. The run is genuine and the person who has it lives near my house. Is it a good buy? The condition is what you would call average with some wear visible. It has been dented and painted for minor hits like small dents 2-3 times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks