Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 16:23   #91
BANNED

re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Add one more to the list. I love the car sooooo much that my 7 1/2 MONTH old All New Fiesta has been sleeping in the garage.

A snap of my White Endy...
You know you should have an ownership thread which you update regularly. It would serve as a diary of your fond memories and would be of help to others too.
And yes, the Endeavor looks best in white and black. Total drool maal I say.

By the way, is that a 2wd or a 4wd truck?
What has been your FE so far? How many kms on the odo? What have been your service costs?
Old 24th August 2012, 17:29   #92
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Probably the only forum where someone drools at his love and expects and wants others to do it too
Well said. Your observation is actually very true. Guys here are very possessive about the drive and still love to show them to the world

Quote:
She's pretty, @MAS, what's her name? And why did you choose that name? Are you planning to get her tints?
I have not been in the habit of naming my cars. Just call them with the name given by the manufacturer. Hey, those already have 3M reflective tints. I have not taken them off. I have seen the cops in Chennai actually look the other way when they spot an Endy (or a T-Fort) for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You know you should have an ownership thread which you update regularly. It would serve as a diary of your fond memories and would be of help to others too.
And yes, the Endeavor looks best in white and black. Total drool maal I say.

By the way, is that a 2wd or a 4wd truck?
What has been your FE so far? How many kms on the odo? What have been your service costs?
Mine is a pre-owned 4x4 truck.

I was actually looking at buying a Fortuner and saved the moolah required. But i was half-minded with investing 26 odd Lakhs for the car. This is when i came across a pre-owned, well maintained, Dec 2010, 19K driven Endeavour. Till then an Endeavour never crossed my mind.

I went to MPL Ford showroom on Sunday (15th July) and took a test drive to get a feel for the car. I simply loved the way it drove and scarred traffic on its way.

Had a look at the pre-owned car on Monday (16th July), took it for a drive on Tuesday evening (17th July), negotiated for 14.5 Lakhs on the same night. Brought her home on Wednesday (18th July 2012).

The car has been with me for 5 weeks and i have driven it for over 2000 kms.

On 21st July 2012, gave the car for Service at MPL Ford. I had asked them to change all the fluids in the car. All fluids except transmission and gear oils were changes as Ford recommends these oils to be changed at 1,00,000 kms. The service cost me Rs. 9,500.

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-service-1.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-service-2.jpg

MPL Guys did a fabulous job. I was deeply impressed with the kind of personal attention Mr. Sampath, the Head - Customer Services gives to customers. I have high regards for him as he arranged everything on short notice (i requested for service appointment on 20th July 2012 at 9 pm via sms) and was present there at 9 am on 21st July 2012 to take car of the Endy. If Ford is reading this, they should try and appoint more people like Mr. Sampath.

The next day, 22nd July 2012, took the car to 3M Car Care to get the car to my way of up-keep. The car spent the whole day at 3M, Nungambakkam. Dushy & his team did a fabulous job at 3M.

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-1.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-2.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-3.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-4.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-5.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-6.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endy-3m-7.jpg

I have been enjoying driving the car so much that i did not log into Team BHP for a week. Will have to get the ownership report up and running.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 18:08   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Had a look at the pre-owned car on Monday (16th July), took it for a drive on Tuesday evening (17th July), negotiated for 14.5 Lakhs on the same night.
Superb deal MAS. Please keep me informed if you come across any more examples of the same pedigree.

What is the fuel efficiency you have been able to get so far?
Old 24th August 2012, 22:39   #94
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Superb deal MAS. Please keep me informed if you come across any more examples of the same pedigree.

What is the fuel efficiency you have been able to get so far?
The Endy is a big time drinking monster, that to when compared to the slow sipping New Fiesta.

In city: 8.5 kmpl
On Highway: 11 kmpl

As I did just one long trip in the 2K kms I have driven, the average fuel efficiency is 9 kmpl. I use"fuelio" application to tack the mileage on my Samsung Galaxy Note.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for similar genuine low mileage cars.

On a different note, I had upgraded to 100/90 bulbs last Sunday. The electrician had removed the battery's negative terminal to fix the wire of the relay. I requested the electrician not to fix the terminal for 30 minutes. This was to try and reset the ECU to default factory settings. After fixing the lights, show pipe and few more essentials, when I drive the Endy, the car was Silky smooth. The gears were updating earlier and I could cruise at 60 kmph at as low as 1400 rpm. The mileage on my last full tank has also seems to have improved (by 6%).

I have also bought the reverse parking sensors, but I'm yet to fix them. The rear view camera is very clear, but with the 2d image, it is difficult to gauge depth and distance especially while reversing at an angle against light coloured walls.

What is the mileage of your truck?
Old 24th August 2012, 22:55   #95
BANNED

Quote:
The Endy is a big time drinking monster, that to when compared to the slow sipping New Fiesta.

In city: 8.5 kmpl
On Highway: 11 kmpl
What is the mileage of your truck?
This isn't bad you know. On highways my 115BHP 5 speed manual Hariya gives me around 11.75-12.2kmpl at speeds of around 110kmph. I do not measure city mileage since I rarely use him in it, but I guess it is around 10kmpl when I go with him.

A 160BHP 4wd AT giving 11kmpl is decent MAS. What speeds do you maintain on the highways?
Old 24th August 2012, 23:16   #96
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This isn't bad you know. On highways my 115BHP 5 speed manual Hariya gives me around 11.75-12.2kmpl at speeds of around 110kmph. I do not measure city mileage since I rarely use him in it, but I guess it is around 10kmpl when I go with him.

A 160BHP 4wd AT giving 11kmpl is decent MAS. What speeds do you maintain on the highways?
I drove the truck between 100-110 kmph. True speed was about 5 kmph lower, as measured by the on-board, in-dash GPS. Even though Ford calls this truck as a 5 Speed Automatic, the overdrive (I call it the 6th gear) engages exactly at 85 kmph (true speed) and after this the truck is a real gem to drive.

I use the 2H settings all the time. Hence it is basically a rear wheel driven truck in 99% of the cases. I engage 4H only when I need to climb into a space which has a steep step-like incline. Works very well.

Hence, on the highways, it is a 2WD automatic, but I guess the 2 ton weight of the truck pulls down the mileage.
Old 25th August 2012, 14:35   #97
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Fellow Endy owners,

I have been told by the famous GP Road electricians that they cannot fix the reverse sensors on an Endeavour. The stepney will interfere with the sensors and will give a continuous beep.

I have seen a few Endeavours with reverse parking sensors. Any inputs guys?
Old 25th August 2012, 16:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use the 2H settings all the time. Hence it is basically a rear wheel driven truck in 99% of the cases. I engage 4H only when I need to climb into a space which has a steep step-like incline. Works very well.

Hence, on the highways, it is a 2WD automatic, but I guess the 2 ton weight of the truck pulls down the mileage.
Can you drive in 4H at high speeds (say, above 80 kmph)? Or does the 4WD gets disengaged at certain speed?
Old 25th August 2012, 22:30   #99
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Can you drive in 4H at high speeds (say, above 80 kmph)? Or does the 4WD gets disengaged at certain speed?
We can drive at high speeds in 4H, but the maximum speed recommended by Ford is 100 kmph. I am not sure what will happen after 100 kmph, but i guess it would be a very expensive experiment.

2H is good for everyday usage and the Endeavour pulls like a freight train. In 4H mode, it is a different monster and pins you to the seat with its awesome torque.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 00:05   #100
MAS
Senior - BHPian

High Altitude - Does the Endeavour go into"Limp Mode"

Guys,

I have read in these two sites about Endeavour's "Engine Check" light glowing and the car shifting to Limp Mode.

http://www.4wd4all.com/forums/showth...iving-Measures

http://vaneetakang.blogspot.in/2011_...chive.html?m=1

ssh1979 mentioned this "Feature" here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2463048

Does this mean that the Endeavour WILL shift to Limp Mode as soon as I go above 16000 km? Is there nothing I can do about it?

If yes, then my dreams to take the car to Leh will take a beating
Old 27th September 2012, 14:31   #101
BANNED

Re: High Altitude - Does the Endeavour go into"Limp Mode"

Quote:
Guys,

I have read in these two sites about Endeavour's "Engine Check" light glowing and the car shifting to Limp Mode.
Does this mean that the Endeavour WILL shift to Limp Mode as soon as I go above 16000 km? Is there nothing I can do about it?

If yes, then my dreams to take the car to Leh will take a beating
If you read the Endy's user manual, it clearly says that the Endy's ECU is tuned for "optimum" performance till 17500ft above MSL. I have heard about the ECU light flashing at a few high passes but no one has complained about a dip in the performance of the vehicle.

In fact, a close friend has driven in the older Thunder + to Leh a couple of times and has come back utterly satisfied.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 14:54   #102
AWD
BHPian

Powers of the mighty Endy:

AWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 17:36   #103
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Powers of the mighty Endy:
Good video. With a 3 litre 156 BHP engine producing enormous torque, ploughing a field is quite manageable...
Old 4th November 2012, 18:35   #104
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
156 BHP engine producing enormous torque, ploughing a field is quite manageable
Yeah making full use of the beast, takes heart to extract such usage from the machine!
Old 13th November 2012, 14:36   #105
BHPian

Hi guys,

I don't know how many of you have scraped your rear bumper on the ground while off-roading with your new model Endeavour.

I've noticed that the brake/reversing lights that are now fitted on the bumper (instead of the taillight cluster along with the indicators). The brake/reversing lights seem to just fall off as they are mounted on slim plastic legs that protrude backwards from behind the bumper. These legs can easily break if the bumper scrapes the ground as the departure angle on this vehicle is not very good.

This is a costly thing as Ford may recommend that you replace the complete bumper for Rs. 25,000 plus Rs.2.5K per brake light if they have broken after falling off.

This happened to me recently and I realized that it was going to cost me approx Rs 14,000 to replace one brake light if I wanted to follow this method. i.e insurance would pay 50% of the value of the bumper and the light assembly. My bumper didn't even have as much as a scratch on it from the outside!

I requested the service center to sell me the original Stanley OEM Ford Endeavour brake/reverse light assembly. I explained that I would get it fixed at a roadside shop. Normally they wouldn't sell the parts, but they understood my point of view and agreed to sell it to me. Yes, they charged me Rs 25 for the cellotape and plastic wrapping material, but who cares?!

I fixed the broken plastic legs on the bumper at a local bumper repair shop for Rs 100. Fitting charges were Rs. 150 as its a long job to remove the bumper and put it back on.

So if you guys have a similar problem, you know there's a cheaper way!

Cheers!

Last edited by HillBilly : 13th November 2012 at 14:46. Reason: Typo
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed