Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2012, 18:44   #106
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

@Hillbilly, you are right. The angle of departure is not very good for hard core off-roading.

You can also read here about the problem with low rear bumper in siddhishb's Samara here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...0l-4x4-15.html

You seem to have got a good deal with fixing the rear lights. How good is the fix?

Last edited by MAS : 13th November 2012 at 18:59.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:33   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
You seem to have got a good deal with fixing the rear lights. How good is the fix?
@MAS the fix was simple and not as 'complex' as the job on Siddesh's Samara was.

I was fortunate. My brackets / plastic legs were broken off at their base and hene no wires were required. I only had to weld the broken pieces back (aka melt the plastic to fuse the two pieces together).

From the clean way the brackets had broken off from the inside wall of the bumper, I think this is a design flaw that can be fixed by Ford if they look into it. I've seen many vehicles here in the NCR with the same problem. I've conveyed this opinion to Ford Motors's support representative on the phone as driving without brake lights is both illegal and dangerous to other vehicles.

Do you think there's a possibility that the brake lights can be activated on the tail light cluster also in a DIY project? In the current model the Red lenses are just dummies, while the Pre-2009 model had the brake lights positioned in the taillight cluster along with the indicators, with just the reversing light along with a red reflector on the bumper.
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 10:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be a long silernce on new Ford Endeavour. The flood in Thailland was said was as a reason, But even in Thailand there was no change in the model, But a new SUV Territory has been introduced.

Both Ford Focus and Territory seems to be very capable vehicle for India, But I do not know the plans of Ford India for introducing them or replacing Endy with all new version except Ecosport.

From the day of its launch (I hope it was during 2003/2004) I keep watching Endeavour, which is in my wishlist (AT version) always. But every time they renew the design the feedback were not so exciting.
Old 15th February 2013, 18:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

Drive across the toughest of terrains with style & ease in the Ford Endeavour "alterrain edition".

Got this mailer from Ford today, seems that they are trying to clear the inventory with some minor changes before the new Endeavour hits the market later this year.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Document1.pdf (73.7 KB, 620 views)

Last edited by m_upreti : 15th February 2013 at 18:53.
Old 16th February 2013, 11:50   #110
BHPian

Ford has launched a limited edition Endeavour 'All-Terrain Edition'. It is priced at Rs 19.11 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi.
The Ford Endeavour All-Terrain Edition features:[*] New Grille[*] Hood Decal[*] Chrome Highlights[*] Illuminated scuff plates[*] 16” chrome plated Alloy Wheels[*] Two-tone beige interiors[*] Reverse Parking Camera[*] Electric Shift on the fly 4x4 auto transmission[*] Touch Screen satellite navigation system

The Endevour is powered by the same 3L diesel engine. It is mated to a 5-speed AT version which delivers 156PS at 3200 rpm with a max. torque of 380Nm at 2500 rpm.

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour4.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour5.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour6.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour1.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour7.jpg

2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review-endevour3.jpg
sujay bhandare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 19:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
Ford has launched a limited edition Endeavour 'All-Terrain Edition'. It is priced at Rs 19.11 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi.
After the mailer I got a call from the local Ford dealer also yesterday. On probing he was candid enough to admit that this edition was to move out the existing model before the Endeavour 2013 is launched somwhere in the 3rd quarter.

As per him the Ecosport is expected only by May.
Old 16th February 2013, 19:24   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
On probing he was candid enough to admit that this edition was to move out the existing model before the Endeavour 2013 is launched somwhere in the 3rd quarter.
Yeah probably Ford might as well use this strategy to pump up its sales and get a better grip in market before the Ecosport is launched. This type of strategy might help Ford to build a brand image.

This limited edition Ford Endevour might be later on made available with some tweaks as a higher end variant.

If Ford places this one rightly then Toyota and Mahindra will have to think over on thier Fortuner TRD and Rexton.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:52   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a chance to get into an Endy yesterday. None of us in the middle row felt the car was unnecessarily bouncy. Yes, definitely NOT in the Duster league, but overall a nice ride. Absolutely no squeaks, the seats are kinda low placed for an SUV though.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:13   #114
BHPian

Its almost mid of 2013. Is anyone have some news about new Endeavour? I saw some spy shots of similar SUV being tested in Australia. Is that going to be Indian version Endeavour?

And, any feedback about mileage after running for 40-50k kms? I hear that it drops significantly. Is it true?
Old 15th June 2013, 09:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty
And, any feedback about mileage after running for 40-50k kms? I hear that it drops significantly. Is it true?
No. That isn't true in my case. My Endeavour 4x4AT has just clocked a little over 53,000 KM. The best Fuel consumption figure I've had is 11.7 km/l and worst I've had is 6.90 km/l. The average over the last 44 months is 8.02km/l. Most of my driving is in city and highway conditions with about 5-10% being in hilly Himalayan terrain or off-roading conditions.

Only on 4 occasions in my last 15 fill-up's have I had a lower average than the overall mean average of 8.02km/l. Those 4 fill ups where the average has been lower are evenly distributed over the last 7 months.

Last edited by HillBilly : 15th June 2013 at 09:27.
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 14:17   #116
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I have an offer for Auto 4X4 Endeavour 2010 model run about 75k kms. I wanted to know about the maintenance costs of the car and I have specifically heard that the clutch system needs overhaul quite frequently. Hence kindly give me your feedbacks and info on the issues with the Endeavour and maintenance costs past 75k kms. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:33   #117
BHPian

I have a 2010 4x4 AT 3.0L, done 60K kms, abused and loved it a lot, and have had absolutely no maintenance hassles at all. Still as good as new!
siddheshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 18:28   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hence kindly give me your feedbacks and info on the issues with the Endeavour and maintenance costs past 75k kms. Thanks in advance.
The AT gearbox of the Endy is a factory sealed unit for 2.5 lac miles. Yes you read it correct, miles, and does not need any replacements except an oil change every 1 lac kms.
That apart, the Endy is a very tough vehicle which does not require any maintenance apart from the routine oil and filter changes. The suspension bushes wear out at around 1 lac kms with normal usage but they are not expensive or hard to replace.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 00:42   #119
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my Endeavour has now completed around 27K kms (yes, that's because this is my weekend car). The car is wonderful to drive and commands a lot of respect on the road.

I have run into two specific issues/queries which I would be grateful if you guys could address/suggest.

I did not want to cross post them here and hence please visit my thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3346490

Siddhesh has suggested to change the belt to get rid of the whistling noise. I recall that the whistling started only after they changed the belts under warranty.

But, I have no reply for the strange locking up in 4H.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:58   #120
Senior - BHPian

All Endy owners,
can you please suggest which version to buy
I can see a good amount of difference in features between 4X2 MT & 4X2 AT, hence 4x2 AT makes more sense at a difference of 1.5 lacs but what about a 4x4 AT, there is a whopping difference of about 1.5 lacs again.

your views please

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 22nd July 2014 at 16:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks