Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 23:07   #316
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
It is a bit sad to know that you had to sell your Aria which I am sure you have maintained well.

While I am eagerly waiting for the Aria AT I have in my mind a question which bothers me

ACM's ownership report kind of helped me maintain some kind of defense to my anti-TATA folks. Probably I now have to go slow with the idea of an Aria.

To summarize - TATA makes great vehicles, but they lack the refinement and the touch which others provide. Concorde Motors gives great service better than Hyundai folks but still folks love Hyundai cars for their finish and "upmarket feel".
Yes Srinih

For me to go back to TATA will require me to either purchase 1.5 years post launch of a product, or for me to buy preowned at a significantly depreciated price point. My vehicle was indeed really well maintained and the new buyer will surely enjoy it.

TATA needs to get back to the roots. VFM vehicles and yet make them reliable.

AT Aria with the extra power would be lovely and infact better than the Fortuner and Endy AT. But reliability? They need to come up with a default 5 year warranty as the first step and do better on the prices simultaneously. The vehicle has a lot of potential. Marketing strategy and QA has let it down.
Old 1st August 2013, 07:33   #317
Team-BHP Support

Re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold

I've updated the title to reflect the current status.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 20:33   #318
BHPian

Re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Marketing strategy and QA has let it down.
Not once, but has been many times - Aria, Nano, Venturer, etc, all unfortunately follow the same issues.

Hope we will get to see a similar detailed report of your next ride ACM.
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:55   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The vehicle has a lot of potential. Marketing strategy and QA has let it down.
This has been the case with most of Tatas newest products. The products are actually designed quite well. However, the build/QA and marketing/pricing strategy are absolutely ridiculous. Mahindra baits customers while offering value for money and then slowly moves price upwards, after the vehicle has got acceptance. Tata on the other hand prices their vehicles at unreasonably high prices and then climbs on the permanent discount band wagon. They should realize they are destroying their brand image by engaging in this nonsense.

Tata thinks that it's cool adverts will sway buyers to it's product enmasse. What they dont' realize is that the masses don't care about fancy ads. Bolero which is an ergonomically flawed but reliable vehicle sells 7000+ a month without any breathtaking adverts. The most important thing for them to do is tighten up their QA, and adjust prices to reflect market reality. They then might have a chance to become a serious player in the private passenger vehicle market. Otherwise, they can continue to focuss on the yellow board market where they are doing okay.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:16   #320
BHPian

Re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

ACM I feel sad for the way thing eventually ended. The Aria is a wonderful product and easilt the best in the SUV section for the driving dynamics. Hearing about your troubles, I feel that you actually did get a lemon. I have one and has been driven for nearly 96000 km over 3.5 years and there have been no major issues faced. Only had to change the differential once because the oil leaked causing damage to the differential but that happened under warranty. Rest has been good.
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 22:08   #321
BHPian

Right said Akhil.

Reading ACM's Aria thread brought immense joy for start & sorrow by the end.

Having come to a Aria myself from an Innova, I was the butt of jokes in my friend circle for the stupidest mistake ever.

But now with 5000 kms under the tyres, I can vouch that my heart's decision was valid.

I found the Aria to be better in many ways over the Innova ( which I used for 2 yrs ) + Fortuner & Pajero Sport for which I took test drives.

Anyway, on way back from office today, saw a very surprising & useful message flash on the MID...."WASHER FLUID LOW".

It was a surprise to me to read this & made me proud. It will be really helpful during monsoon because as will all newer cars with the washer fluid tank hidden deep down it was a pain either way - to keep filling every couple of days & / or if you forget then pay the price by driving with a empty washer tank.

An empty washer tank may not be a big deal if it is raining through out but Mumbai you can practically at times experience half a flyover pouring rain & the other half bone dry.

Anyway kudos to TATA for this thoughtful involvement & pray that the HEXA will go where the Aria could not in terms of market share.
Ameya Janvekar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 03:31   #322
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
ACM I feel sad for the way thing eventually ended. The Aria is a wonderful product and easilt the best in the SUV section for the driving dynamics. Hearing about your troubles, I feel that you actually did get a lemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post
Right said Akhil.

Reading ACM's Aria thread brought immense joy for start & sorrow by the end.

Having come to a Aria myself from an Innova, I was the butt of jokes in my friend circle for the stupidest mistake ever.

But now with 5000 kms under the tyres, I can vouch that my heart's decision was valid.

I found the Aria to be better in many ways over the Innova ( which I used for 2 yrs ) + Fortuner & Pajero Sport for which I took test drives.

Anyway, on way back from office today, saw a very surprising & useful message flash on the MID...."WASHER FLUID LOW.
Yes mine was a lemon. Yes Aria is and was the best SUV this side of 25 L. Today Santafe is the best but it is at 35 L.
There are many well thought out bits in the Aria. Might even get a preowned one some day for the love of it but from the newer engine lot. Sadly not too many pride variants being sold now.

Best wishes to the Hexa. I love it and it covers all the bits like the shape that I did not like too much in the Aria. And I might again go for it. Sadly the overhead storage that I love seems to be missing in the Hexa. Wish they retain that.They need to price the Hexa on par with the XUV to start with.

Last edited by ACM : 10th May 2015 at 03:33.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:51   #323
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who check this thread out while considering the HEXA.

Would I consider it - Yes but this time 2 months after launch.

Pricing - At most the same as XUV 500 till they have 10,000 units on the road then they can price it upto 15 % higher post that.

I would consider the 4X4 AT only. Provided it has a good AT box.

They should have 5 years warranty.

They have covered all the issues that I had with the Aria - Mainly the Looks, a bit of power that was missing, and the missing AT.

also minor issues like the Air vents being directed directly at the hands are sorted out.

Love the improvement in the centre console.

Only thing 4 things that I don't like about the HEXA or am not sure about are:
1) 5 inch screen instead of 7 which would be good to have at this time. Not a deal breaker
2) Misses the row of overhead storage that the previous version had. Not a deal breaker and enables an after market sunroof. - Company fitted unit would have been good to have though.
3) No clarity on SatNav - Should be there or will be missed. Probably will be there.
4) Powered seats - Don't see it in the snaps and in the age of XUV top model having powered seats and sunroof will be missed a bit. - Again not a deal breaker but a bit of a disappointment. But if present needs to come with memory seats or not at all. That said the addition of terrain modes is a bigger plus that this being missed.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed