Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 08:53   #106
BHPian

Amazing run, congrats. Eagerly waiting for HVK's log.
Old 28th September 2009, 09:39   #107
BHPian

Wow, really well executed expedition. This is a great example of planning with Precision. Conrgats to all the guys again and awaiting the snaps with bated breath. Unleash them at the earliest.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:36   #108
Senior - BHPian

Thanks HVK and GF for a wonderful trip. Enjoyed every bit of it.

I am amazed to see a lot of updates from those who chickened out at Gramphoo, and could not even look down under their own vehicles
Old 28th September 2009, 11:08   #109
BHPian

Touché. Well said. There is a "Leh blizzard"—but it's great stuff.

Please keep it coming, BHP-ians. Makes life worthwhile.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If anyone can contact them please let them know that best place to stay in Kargil is the upper JKTDC guest house. Big room = 180rs and Big room with drawing room = 300rs.
For non veggies, there is an old man selling kababs on the road outside PC chachas hotel. Amazing heavenly kababs, probably the only good food in Kargil which is mostly closed due to Ramzan and lack of tourists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Yesterday I also got SMS from HVK that things are on schedule, on their way to Tso Moriri.

Today another friend of mine from Mumbai on his Desire, SOLO, on his way back from Leh passed through Ahmedabad. He went through Srinagar, came back thro. Srinagar and said it was snowing at Ktop and below freezing, he also came up through Wari La to Pangong Tso, to fill diesel he came to Karu, gas station was open. Said, he was ahead of the Raid De Leh Team, but met the Pune Gang somewhere. He'd post his thread some time soon, so one more thread to add to the Leh list.

Looks like it's a blizzard of Leh Travalogues. This thread is going to be another Epic

====
Old 28th September 2009, 16:01   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, friends, for your good wishes throughout. Having been mostly out of mobile networks, and not seen newspapers or email7 cars the last 16 days, your good wishes have kept us safe and sound.

The trip went off exactly as scheduled and we were back in Bombay as per plan. Team work was good despite that we were upto 7 cars and 22 people.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:40   #111
BHPian

Congratulations hvkumar & team for your well executed expedition. We now look forward for your detailed travelogue.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

I just reached Hyd thereby concluding my 78xx Km Ladakh sojourn.
A special thanks to HVK and Dr.Mandar for guiding me out of Thane and Pune respectively. Here I would also like to mention our (Mrs & mine) heartfelt gratitude to Deepa (Mrs.HVK)and Hari (HVK Jr.) for providing sumptious breakfast to two travel weary souls.

Now that this trip has concluded successfully, may be its time to start planning for the next one.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:50   #113
Team-BHP Support

Now that was a lightning quick trip!
Welcome back fellas.
One question, where exactly did the scorpio break the leaf spring? Was it while driving on the Rangdum rivebed?
Old 29th September 2009, 09:40   #114
BHPian

Congratualations Team Raid de Ladakh on the successful completion of the trip, i see the team spirit of Team Bhp live in demonstration. Sorry that i got hold on this thread quite late, was busy with TSK1979 travelogue. So HVK Sir and the rest of the gang when are the pictures and narration to follow,do post them soon!
Old 29th September 2009, 10:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back TEAM.
Looking forward to the whole trip details.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 29th September 2009, 11:55   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to see the entire TEAM back safe and sound. Now the actual fun begins. Hope the pictures are coming up ASAP
Old 29th September 2009, 12:03   #117
Senior - BHPian

You can check here for my version of the story
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...humbleh-d.html
Old 29th September 2009, 21:12   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
One question, where exactly did the scorpio break the leaf spring? Was it while driving on the Rangdum rivebed?
No idea, somewhere in the Kargil-Padum-Kargil stretch, Spring No 3 on LHS flew off when I was driving the Kargil-Leh road! The Zanskar road was terrible, the worst of the trip.

In that sector, I also damaged my balancing rod (bush and both nuts came off on LHS) and broke my number plate.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:32   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Now that this trip has concluded successfully, may be its time to start planning for the next one.
Nooooooooo, its not good.

Its time for writing a travelogue full with crisp narration and awesome pics.

And i am interested in knowing how did Bolero fare specially on accounts of long drive comfort ?

After that you can plan for the next trip, what say MileCruncher ?
Old 29th September 2009, 22:37   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
No idea, somewhere in the Kargil-Padum-Kargil stretch, Spring No 3 on LHS flew off when I was driving the Kargil-Leh road! The Zanskar road was terrible, the worst of the trip.

In that sector, I also damaged my balancing rod (bush and both nuts came off on LHS) and broke my number plate.
LOL, you are right, that thing does not deserve to be called a road. I thought I had seen the worst, till we started for Padum!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks