Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:45   #361
Team-BHP Support

The TrueValue guy will have tough time selling that car. I'm pretty sure all prospective buyers will assume that the odometer has been tampered with! I won't be surprised if the TrueValue guy tampers the odo to change the odo number to 30,000 km to avoid suspicion!

My friend and his WagonR are doing better now. In 7 years, it has done 22,000 km so far. He claims he did 5,000 km searching for an apartment to buy in Bangalore!

Quote:
This line is one of the most humorous lines I read in your entire Oscar winning travelogue of "Incredible India". Your writing is as good as your journey. Waiting for more to come
Thanks anandg. I will prepare my Oscar accceptance speech.

Quote:
Smartcat, caught up with all the pages - it is a riot and still there's quite a few years and lots of pages to go - keep the tempo!!
Oh the travelogue not in chronological order. I should have started with trips from 2004 and moved to 2010 -that would have been interesting. I think we are about 70% done, 30% more to go.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:12   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
The TrueValue guy will have tough time selling that car. I'm pretty sure all prospective buyers will assume that the odometer has been tampered with! I won't be surprised if the TrueValue guy tampers the odo to change the odo number to 30,000 km to avoid suspicion!
I was informed within a week that the car was sold!
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:11   #363
Senior - BHPian

smartcat,
Lovely onliners ... it's laughter riot.
Please continue, only 30% left ??
I wish this thread doesn't end at all
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:11   #364
Senior - BHPian

@smartcat - I missed out reading from page 13 on your travelogue; good going & all the more the best part is this is not like mega serial & there're frequent timely updates with pic. I never knew anything about coral reefs until MX6 pointed out them. Thanks man. I believe your travelogue is well suited to give a quick view of India & its culture (good cop/bad cop handling); very interesting & informative.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:29   #365
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, thanks MX6 for the Coral Reefs bit. The uncle/aunty guy who went to Maldives also stepped on Corals and cut his toes - he needs to be told about this too!

Quote:
I was informed within a week that the car was sold
ampere, any idea how much the car was sold for? I always wondered what kind of margins these used car dealers keep. 10 percent?

Quote:
Please continue, only 30% left ?? I wish this thread doesn't end at all
sushrutha -> 6 treks, 1 Malaysia trip and 1 Andamans trip coming up after this travelgoue . These were not exactly "Indian Highways" trips - so will be creating a new thread for that.

We got a fantastic location for our Malaysia F1 trip from where we could almost see 60 - 70% of the track. A sneak preview -

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc02984.jpg

The misty look is because of a dense smog that hit the track when the race was going on.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:47   #366
BHPian

Smartcat,

Only 30 % left....Now that makes me feel bad that this thread is going to end : - ( ......Anyways, I think I can read the log from page 1 again when the log ends ....

One small question for you...Do you still do highway trips regularly ?

Thanks,
Srini...
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:09   #367
Team-BHP Support

Srini, we are expecting a baby this August - so all our highway trips have been put on hold for now. Hope to restart our trips later this year. Meanwhile, I'm reliving all our highway travel moments through this blog.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:31   #368
Team-BHP Support

COASTAL KARNATAKA - GOA TRIP CONTD:

Pic 1: "oof! What does this guy eat?"

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00339.jpg

Pic 2: The rate for the camel ride fixed, the couple climb aboard and take a 'walk' on the beach. Looking at the photo, it is quite obvious that a certain somebody was quite scared sitting on the camel.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00340.jpg

Pic 3: Meanwhile, Naveen & myself buy ourselves a couple of Girgitlays [Kannada]. What are they called in English/Hindi? These colourful rotating things are truly scientific marvels!

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00346.jpg

Pic 4: From Panambur, we drive down to Udupi to stay for the night.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0007.jpg

Pic 5 & 6: Jagga claimed that following the WagonR at 60 kmph is actually a safety hazard - because he almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple of times. So he guns the engine of the Palio and blasts past the WagonR.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0008.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0014.jpg

Pic 7: The orange Palio looks like an orange carrot to Karthic and he gives the WagonR the stick! We reach WagonR's take-off speed pretty quickly. Karthic is like a man possessed now - like Arjuna (the Pandava guy) who can only see the bird's eye on the tree, our man can only see the speeding Palio ahead of him.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00322.jpg

Pic 8 & 9: We reach Udupi in no time, find a lodge and stay for the night. The next day, we make a quick visit to the temple.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00349.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00350.jpg

Pic 10: From Udupi, we drive down to Marvanthe Beach. The WagonR's dancing Elvis does a little jig as we get to the famous beach.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-dsc00352.jpg
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:34   #369
Team-BHP Support

@Cat I mentioned in the previous post. The car was sold for about 70K, which I consider was real handsome amount. They may have their own margins. Not sure how much.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:42   #370
BHPian

Just love this thread!
Great to have a set to friends to travel around with. Keep it up Smartcat!
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:59   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Cat I mentioned in the previous post. The car was sold for about 70K, which I consider was real handsome amount. They may have their own margins. Not sure how much.
My guess it will be at least 50 - 60K! Definitely not less than that.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:31   #372
Senior - BHPian

@smartcat - pls post some foodie experiences from Udupi; I'm under the impression that they're real good food so don't disappoint me
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:05   #373
Team-BHP Support

I'm not much of a foodie - I eat what's on my plate without paying much attention to it. Although I must say that I liked South Indian Thaali in Kerala & TN. I also liked the dhaba food in Rajasthan.

Quote:
Just love this thread! Great to have a set to friends to travel around with
Yes I agree. And now I'm looking forward to travelling with some of my new team-bhp buddies, sometime in the future.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:22   #374
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for crediting me on the Corals! Welcome to Udupi (the travelogue). But it was more like a pitstop. There are hidden gems in and around Udupi. There's a very scenic place called Thottam.
Udupi is not a great place for food. The best place to eat when at Udupi is at Krishna Mutt!
You want good tiffin, try Diana. Woodlands is a place where people flock. Though Udupi people have set up great eateries around the globe, the restaurants in udupi don't match up that standard IMHO.
Also we used to climb down End Point to Swarna river. Take the boat across to the villages on the other side. When there's not much current, we used to dive from the boats and swim!
Seems like you went to the Car street quite early. Not a single shop is open!
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:35   #375
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not much of a foodie - I eat what's on my plate without paying much attention to it.
This might be the reason for your personality .. .(no offense meant)

Quote:
Yes I agree. And now I'm looking forward to travelling with some of my new team-bhp buddies, sometime in the future..
This sounds interesting ... I am sure that travelogue will be a great fun to read ....

Couldn't stop laughing for comparing the Palio with a carrot and Wagon-R obtaining the take off speed ...

Thanks,
Srini...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks