Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 21:32   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I read about a Bang-Hubli-Ankola-Gokarna route. Can someone let me know if the roads are good currently? Info from members who traveled recently on this route will be invaluable.
Its a belter all the way. I mean the Bangalore-Hubli-Ankola-Gokarna. You can't go wrong with that route. 4-lane till Hubli, wide 2-lane till Ankola and equally good road till Gokarna.

As regards to road via Jog, the road is till till you hit the ghats close to NH17. However its a 2-lane road all the way. May be while going take the 4-lane and while coming back take the road via Honnavar.
Old 28th April 2014, 22:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenBerg View Post
I'm also planning a gokarna trip ... shimoga route mostly
Thats good to hear! Which car do you plan to take? Feel free to drop a mail at <my tbhp username>@gmail.com. We can connect.

The Shimoga route has jog falls on the way and is more scenic, however since it is summer I dont mind missing the falls. I have been told that the condition of roads on the Shimoga route is bad. Hence decided to stay away.

@Ampere: True. The route is better albeit 90Kms longer.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 28th April 2014 at 22:45.
Old 3rd May 2014, 00:36   #153
BHPian

Traveled by Route 2. The travel time was 11 hours with 2 hours and of total stop time. The roads were good at all places except Haveri-Sirsi section. This road (SH 2) is under construction and absolutely non-motorable. The poor vento suffered a beating. Although this route is excellent in all other stretches, I would not recommend this route. The Haveri-Sirsi stretch, in my opinion would take a couple of years to become usable again - please avoid.

I am currently in South Goa. We traveled on the NH 17 which is in excellent condition. Plan is to return via NH63 and NH4 via Hubli. Any suggestions on where to stop for lunch?
Old 4th May 2014, 15:17   #154

Haveri sirsi stretch was too bad. Unfortunately we also took the same route, that too in the night There were places one of us had to get out of the car to find out where the road is or to see how deep are the water filled potholes
Old 4th May 2014, 15:21   #155

For the return journey we took NH 17 and Honavara bangalore route. The road was too narrow from Honavara to Jog falls. After that its little better. Not recommended for night driving because of two reasons. No divider on the roads and sharp and tall road edges.
Old 5th May 2014, 23:09   #156
BHPian

HeisenBerg, night journey on that road is sheer suicide. I am glad you made it through.

We returned via Goa-Hubli-Bang route. This route comprises of driving over NH17, NH63 and NH4(AH47). The route is about 590 Kms long and in good condition throughout. The distance was covered in approx 12 hours with 2 hours of total stops and inclusive of traffic in bangy. We stopped at VRL logistics, just south of Chitradurga, for lunch. The place was clean and food served was good.

One incident I would like to highlight is the bfast stop on the onward journey. Prior to the trip my colleague warned me against eating at any Kamat enroute, however we did stop at a Kamat. On receiving our food we were shocked to find a cockroach leg in the food. All the items we ordered were of poor quality and taste. It was a very disappointing experience.
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:21   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Thanks for the info NPV!

Here are my options :

Route 1:
a. Blore Hubli - 410 Km on NH 4 - good condition 4 lane
b. Hubli Ankola - 141 Km on NH 63 - good condition 2 lane
c. Ankola Gokarna - 26 Km on NH 17 - good condition 2 lane
Total : ~570Km

Route 2:

a. Blore Haveri - 339 Km on NH 4 - good condition 4 lane
b. Haveri Kumta - SH 2 and NH 69 - Condition unknown
c. Kumta Gokarna - NH 17 - good condition 2 lane
Total : ~490Km

Can someone please shed light on the current condition of "Hubli Kumta - SH 2 and NH 69" route?
planing a Trip to Kumta from Bangalore
How is the Road condition from Haveri to Kumta (SH 2 and NH 69) and how much time will it takefrom Haveri to Reach kumta
YVES is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 22:45   #158
BHPian

YVES,
The Haveri-Sirsi section was in bad condition when I travelled. I doubt if it has improved since the were "making" the road. Not relaying or mending but "making". I dont know how long it would take to reach Kumta. My guess would be roughly 5 hours.
Old 25th September 2014, 19:27   #159
BHPian

Folks, I am planning to do Gokarna - Jog Falls - Bangalore on my return journey from my current vacation.

Can you let me know if the route below is the best route or suggest alternate routes?

Gokarna- Kumta - Honavar - Jog Falls - Sagar - Shimoga - Bhadravati - Tumkur - on to NH4 - Bangalore.

We are family of 4 with 2 kids and my ride is All new Honda City (2011)

Thanks in Advance
kiran
Old 27th October 2014, 18:12   #160
BHPian

I am planning a Trip with 4 adults and 1 kid to Bangalore-Jog-Gokarna and back this.Saturday 1st of Nov 2014 will be date of departure. Please suggest the best route. Ride will be my Old Logan DLX. And which place for a near sea shore accomodation would you suggest in Gokarna / Om Beach ?

Last edited by soumobakshi : 27th October 2014 at 18:14.
Old 4th December 2014, 19:15   #161

Hi All,

I am planning for a road trip from BLR to Murudeshwar stay for couple of days and then to Udupi and back to BLR. Request suggestions for the routes. I am thinking of onward journey via Hubli and return via Shimoga enroute Jog falls.

Please suggest on the route and the road conditions.

Regards
Sudeep
Old 17th October 2020, 14:46   #162

Need Route Suggestions: Bangalore to Sagara/Talaguppa

Hi,

We are planning to drive to Bangalore to Talaguppa next week. Any route suggestions? This is a family trip with kids and elderly people in tow - so we would prefer better roads rather than a quicker route.

We plan to leave Bangalore by 5-5.30 AM.

Any suggestions on the best routes, and pit stops for breakfast / lunch, considering the current conditions and rainfall the area has witnessed?

Thanks,
Nirmal
Old 20th October 2020, 11:47   #163
BHPian

Re: Need Route Suggestions: Bangalore to Sagara/Talaguppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalrshah View Post
Hi,

We are planning to drive to Bangalore to Talaguppa next week. Any route suggestions? This is a family trip with kids and elderly people in tow - so we would prefer better roads rather than a quicker route.

We plan to leave Bangalore by 5-5.30 AM.

Any suggestions on the best routes, and pit stops for breakfast / lunch, considering the current conditions and rainfall the area has witnessed?

Thanks,
Nirmal
I did Bangalore to Talguppa in Sep and the route I took was via Chitradurga, Channagiri, Shimoga and Sagara. The only bad patch on this route is about 15-20 kms before Shimoga where there are potholes and rough edges but is fairly drivable . Chitradurga to channagiri is now super good and broad road. You will breeze through. Shimoga to Sagar to Talguppa is pretty good although some rough edges have started developing, but more than 90% in good condition.

I did not stop for breakfast/lunch and cant comment on pitstops. however, you can pack food from home and have it somewhere en route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks