Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 10:28   #16
@ri
BHPian

Gosh!! Jog really looks like some govt water tap !!! Just hope in July it is back to its full fury :-)
Old 15th June 2010, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
the safari was at its best on NH4 both lookwise and performance-wise.
And would like to add that the back seats cooling was also awesome.My fiance was having a whale of a time sleeping in her own condo at the back.

I don't have excellent pics as posted by Brandon,Avijit and Inder.
So I will just pen down the details.

Brandon, by the way amazing processing you have done to pics and not to mention you have taken some excellent angular shots.I have stolen all of them for my Facebook.

On seeing the dry jog without the falls our excitement levels take a hit.We just take a few snaps and decide to hurry up towards kumta where our hotels were already booked.
So that we can get to the beach waters.The waterless jog falls can then be ignored.
On the way we see a Kamath upachar and Inder declares that come what may I am going to have a Masala dosa here.Its like yaar I am a north indian and don't go by my fluent kanada delivery.I am still fond of the south indian food.
So we all park up at Kamath.And order.Suddenly Avijit starts running around with something in his hand shouting "Eureka Eureka".
Its the hotel tariff and it displays the tariffs which were half of what we were going to pay for our would be stay in kumta.
And then the brain storming starts.To stay or not to stay.
Meanwhile we have Brandon Junior on steroids running around the place.Her energy is infectious and all of us decide to continue the journey to Kumta citing that we have a private beach nearby and all of us wanted to do only one thing.Go to the private beach and lie(ahem, I wanted to die) after the 12+ hours of driving we had being doing.
So we head off to our supposedly international hotel named - Panduranga.
Common.Why would anyone spend so much in making a international hotel and name it Pandu.Thats still a mistery.
Anyway we reach there and the man incharge of the trip, Avijit bhaiyya, declares , one hour and everybody should be out and ready.
No lazyness by anyone.The time was 10 am IIRC.
We enter our rooms and I just lie on the bed and before I realise I am in coma.
after what seemed to me a few minutes(later i came to know it was an hour),I can hear my fiance shouting,your phone is ringing wake up.But I cannot even open my eyes.Damn I slip into coma again.
After sometime I hear faint voices of Brandon junior in the hallway running up and down.Man that cutie pie will beat brandon when she grows up.Amazing enthusiasm she has.But hell, I am not waking up.Another hour passes by.
Now I realise someone is kicking me in the butt.Open one eye and see that deadly stare of my fiance.
"Avijit is calling.Pick up the phone"
I pick it up.
"Haan ji, lekin main, suno to, magar,sorry, haan, nahin......ok 10 mins".
And I rush to the bathroom before avijit can barge in and kick the coma out of me.
Take a shower and get dressed.
Rush outside to find everyone is ready waiting for us.
And then inder makes the excellent plan of packing up some seafood from the nearby restaurant, and collecting some logs of wood so that we can head of to the so called private beach.
Seafood along with a campfire on a private beach.I almost ended up blowing a kiss to inder.The entire plan was so tempting.My coma was long gone.
All of us agree and jump into our rides...
But alas.Females will be females.When did they ever do anything good and sensible.
To be continued...

Last edited by Eddy : 16th June 2010 at 12:50.
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 11:31   #18
BHPian

Awesome review Alter !

Keep it coming & please do let us know how is the route condition along the way ? By the pics the roads seems to mostly asphalted & in great condition !
Old 15th June 2010, 11:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
1]Now I realise someone is kicking me in the butt.Open one eye and see that deadly stare of my fiance.

2]But alas.Females will be females.When did they ever do anything good and sensible.
@alter
nice writeup,

your first sentence is answer to your second sentence above.::
Old 15th June 2010, 11:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Avijit is calling.Pick up the phone"
I pick it up.
"Haan ji, lekin main, suno to, magar,sorry, haan, nahin......ok 10 mins".
I can visualize this and cant help

Good one Alter!

Great photos and wonderful narration.

Reckon that part of the fun was mainly due to the small size of the gang. It would have been difficult to manage multiple "Alter in coma" if it was a larger crowd!
Old 15th June 2010, 12:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup Alter. I was silently reading it in office, but because of the humour in what you wrote, was trying hard to control laughing like a maniac

Well, yes, Pandu ranga still baffles me as well. Anyway, I have added this word to my Galli list, next time anyone doing anything foolish, I can call him 'oye pandu'
Old 15th June 2010, 12:18   #22
BHPian

[quote=thedreamcatcher;1936451]Here are a few teasers from my side.

The view from our hotel terrace
Attachment 366762

Hey thedreamcatcher, which hotel did you stay ? I remember I had been to OM beach and the agonda beach. I dont know if OM beach and Gokarna are same but OM was beyond the karwar border and in GOA.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Seems you guys had a blast!
Did you guys take NH206?
Old 15th June 2010, 12:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Great writeup Alter. I was silently reading it in office, but because of the humour in what you wrote, was trying hard to control laughing like a maniac

Well, yes, Pandu ranga still baffles me as well. Anyway, I have added this word to my Galli list, next time anyone doing anything foolish, I can call him 'oye pandu'
Panduranga is name of a Hindu God, we have so many hotels in the name of a god. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be here too.

Nice writeup Surjit, keep going.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 15th June 2010 at 12:23.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:36   #25
BHPian

Thanks Nirmal,Ashish,Happy sirji and brandon and raghu.Even I am enjoying writing it as I could again relieve those wonderful moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Did you guys take NH206?
Yes while coming back we took NH206.While going it was a route preffered by Avijit which was a bit shorter than NH206.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Panduranga is name of a Hindu God, we have so many hotels in the name of a god. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be here too.
Oh.That very well explains it.I was not aware that.Apologies in case I unknowingly hurt anyone's religious sentiments.

Going to a meeting now.Will come back and continue the write up.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:15   #26
BHPian

Till Alter finishes his meeting some more pics:

(Some pics have lost clarity as it has been resized to 800x600 )

1. Photoshoot

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00874a.jpg

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00876a.jpg

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00877a.jpg

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00878a.jpg

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00879a.jpg

2. Surjit in action

2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna-dsc00881a.jpg

Last edited by inder_s1 : 15th June 2010 at 13:21.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes while coming back we took NH206.
That used to be my favorite NH. How is it now? I heard 4 laning project has messed it up big time now.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Yes while coming back we took NH206.While going it was a route preffered by Avijit which was a bit shorter than NH206.

No We took NH 206 while going to Gokarna, and took Kumta-Sirsi-Haveri-NH4 while comming back, and thats where we go frustated due to all divertions

The road(NH206) is a single lane highway, 4 lane is only between Bhadrabati & Shimoga. BTW this is my most preferred NH, NH4 is in very bad shape till Chitradurga, then till Bangalore the 4 lane is complete.

Last edited by asdon : 15th June 2010 at 13:52.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:00   #29
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Very cool photos. Coastal Karnataka is alive! And you guys have had all the fun in the beach! Well done!
Old 15th June 2010, 14:07   #30
BHPian

[quote=lancersfx;1936981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Here are a few teasers from my side.

The view from our hotel terrace
Attachment 366762

Hey thedreamcatcher, which hotel did you stay ? I remember I had been to OM beach and the agonda beach. I dont know if OM beach and Gokarna are same but OM was beyond the karwar border and in GOA.
OM beach is in Gokarna, and no way its beyond Karwar and absilutly not in Goa. May be you have gone to some other beach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks