Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 09:54   #91
BHPian

As much as I am enjoying this TL and Mervyn's experience, I cannot pull myself into it. At times I too do ponder about detaching, living life on free will, wander the world, etc. But more from the guts to do that, I think its the attachment to my family, my parents, wife, etc which stop me from doing this. I dont think my near and dear ones deserve to miss the good things in life because of my actions .

Anyways, thats my point of view. Please keep updating us Mervyn about your experiences.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:31   #92
BHPian

Hi

Dear Merwyn,

I must give it to you that you find the time to reply to all our postings-it shows a caring spirit within you. You are not born an aloof person as its being made out to be-circumstances may be the reason for your sojorn and making the road your abode-but trust me there are No. of us who are journeying with you.

Merwyn thank you for giving us the opportunity to see the World in a different dimension through your perspective.

The Bangalore invite is always open.
Regards,
Col J H Mayne
Old 30th August 2010, 12:08   #93

Good Luck

All the best to you Mate!
I'm sure you'll see yet more amazing stuff along your path and gain wider perspective.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:22   #94
BHPian

all the best

hey merwyn,

had a small query. what does your GF have to say about all of this? how do you guys spend time together?

i mean i have planned a 10 day holiday without my GF and have been hauled over hot coals multiple times already!

will be following your posts closely...godspeed!
Old 30th August 2010, 16:58   #95
BHPian

This is awesome!

It reminds me of a course called DSN from Art of living, where in one of the sessions, we were deprived of all our possessions (cash, cell phone, watches etc) and were asked to earn some 200-300 bucks in ~5 hours. It was an eye-opener for many as they learnt to earn the hard way. I myself worked in a service station, cleaned some cars and earned some money!

But, hats off to you .. really admire your courage and the will to "live your life". I wish you a thoroughly satisfying experience! Cant help but think of these lyrics from a metallica number -

and the road becomes my bride
i've stripped off all but pride
nomad, vagabond
call me what you will
Old 30th August 2010, 19:45   #96
BHPian

The Road My Home Forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
As much as I am enjoying this TL and Mervyn's experience, I cannot pull myself into it. At times I too do ponder about detaching, living life on free will, wander the world, etc. But more from the guts to do that, I think its the attachment to my family, my parents, wife, etc which stop me from doing this. I dont think my near and dear ones deserve to miss the good things in life because of my actions .

Anyways, thats my point of view. Please keep updating us Mervyn about your experiences.
Hey Rahul, I’ve just chosen to be on the move rather than sticking to one place. I’ve broken free from the humdrum of life that requires for me to work in a corporate set up. This in no way means that I’m detached from loved ones. In my case I’m planning to take my family (when I have one) with me. I’m working towards it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Dear Merwyn,

I must give it to you that you find the time to reply to all our postings-it shows a caring spirit within you. You are not born an aloof person as its being made out to be-circumstances may be the reason for your sojorn and making the road your abode-but trust me there are No. of us who are journeying with you.

Merwyn thank you for giving us the opportunity to see the World in a different dimension through your perspective.

The Bangalore invite is always open.
Regards,
Col J H Mayne
Jude, happiness is nothing unless it is shared Sharing these experiences makes me realise that happiness is real. In life everyone we meet/come across, parts of us remains with various people and in the end nothing is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMW201 View Post
All the best to you Mate!
I'm sure you'll see yet more amazing stuff along your path and gain wider perspective.
Thanks!!! Sure the road has loads to offer and it surprises you every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678 View Post
hey merwyn,

had a small query. what does your GF have to say about all of this? how do you guys spend time together?

i mean i have planned a 10 day holiday without my GF and have been hauled over hot coals multiple times already!

will be following your posts closely...godspeed!
HEHEHE... I understand your plight We both (my girl friend and I) are growing to live with each other in our own existence. But let me tell you, if you are reading my story it’s because of her. And this is how we spend time when I am away. She scribes my experiences and shares it with you all. It would have been impossible otherwise for me to have an interaction at this level. We have worked out a deal to keep us together this way and by the grace of God its working out absolutely fine. This Journey has also helped her to understand my spirit with more clarity. God bless her for being with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
This is awesome!

It reminds me of a course called DSN from Art of living, where in one of the sessions, we were deprived of all our possessions (cash, cell phone, watches etc) and were asked to earn some 200-300 bucks in ~5 hours. It was an eye-opener for many as they learnt to earn the hard way. I myself worked in a service station, cleaned some cars and earned some money!

But, hats off to you .. really admire your courage and the will to "live your life". I wish you a thoroughly satisfying experience! Cant help but think of these lyrics from a metallica number -

and the road becomes my bride
i've stripped off all but pride
nomad, vagabond
call me what you will
Thanks buddy! Fear is what dominates most of us and keeps us from experience true freedom. The best way to deal with it is to face it
Old 31st August 2010, 03:43   #97
BHPian

When I spoke of finding a way to sustain myself and fund my fuel while on the move…not many people around me were convinced.

With confidence I’d say to them, “I will ride as far as I can, then stop if the fuel tank runs dry. I’ll find a petty job, work for a few days till I earn some money to ride on.” They didn’t believe.

I wasn’t sure what kind of job I’d get, how much I would earn. But I was always certain that the road will provide the means to go further and beyond.

When I reached Chandigarh I just had 1,500 bucks in my pocket and the wallet was getting lighter with each passing day. With the help of Manav(one of my two hosts in Chandigarh. The other’s Utsav) I landed at Cafe Oz for a weekend job. Playing the role of a guest relations executive in this cafe cum bar was a good experience. At Cafe Oz among the many guests I met a guy who invited me to stay at his place in Himachal. “I’m a Brahman and my house is like a temple,” he said with delight. Another experience awaiting me

So today after I said goodbyes to my first job on the road, I got my bullet repaired. Had to replace the gasket and piston ring.

Sharing a video of the bullet being pampered Oh and...the mechanic guy, he recognized me from the newspaper article and just charged me 300 bucks

Last edited by Roadinc : 31st August 2010 at 03:47.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Wow.Read all your posts,Loved reading each of them

Best of luck. I am glued to this thread from today.
Old 31st August 2010, 11:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

WOW! long time back i had thought something in this line but never was able to convince myself, i guess am too used to the mechanical life and afraid to give it up or too used to a journey with a fixed destination and timeline.

Good Luck Merwyn, you are on the road to "realization", may you have a great journey!

As you have mentioned being on the move teaches you a lot, meeting new people and being in different places adds to it immensly!

Have a good ride!
Old 31st August 2010, 22:54   #100
BHPian

Hi Mervyn, Completely hooked on to your TL. I wish T-BHP was accessible from office. I just keep waiting for more updates from your end. A journey that I can't even dare to think of (everyone here in my family will freak out). I have been sharing links of your TL with all my friends and colleagues and am super excited about knowing more on your progress.

Also, if you don't mind, can you share the link of your other blog with all of us T-BHP'ians.

May God bless you. All the Best.

Yogesh
Old 1st September 2010, 14:08   #101
BHPian

All i have is one word for you bro...Bravo!
Old 1st September 2010, 17:08   #102
BHPian

Roadinc,

Its a streak, you must have nursed. My signature is a offspring of such trails. Though settled, only for time.. they will run their course.

Godspeed
Old 1st September 2010, 19:56   #103
BHPian

The Road My Home Forever...-i-day-pic-6.jpg

People: Where are you from?
Me: I was born in ‘a particular town’, ‘raised in another’, ‘worked in another’…so which place should I say I’m from?
People: Aaaare yaar but where are you from?
Me: Isn’t it sufficient to know I’m an Indian and I want to explore my country on my bike!!!
Roadinc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2010, 20:21   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadinc View Post
Attachment 416791

People: Where are you from?
Me: I was born in ‘a particular town’, ‘raised in another’, ‘worked in another’…so which place should I say I’m from?
People: Aaaare yaar but where are you from?
Me: Isn’t it sufficient to know I’m an Indian and I want to explore my country on my bike!!!
I am well and truly moved. I myself can only dream of a life like this. Go on man, may the road never end. My best wishes.
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:09   #105
BHPian

Just rated 5 stars to this thread.

Go on man. Keep goin'. Go where the roads/streets/mud take you. Go where your heart takes you.

Just remember that human life is precious. Drive Safe!!
And, as they say, Keep Revvin'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks