Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 22:24   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Road My Home Forever...

More power to you brother!
It is best that you are living the life of your calling, and that your mind & body are supporting you through your dream. May this continue!
Just a bit curious, how are you handling the internet connectivity part? Is it available in these places too?
Old 10th February 2011, 23:30   #167
BHPian

Well yes @Selfdrive, thanks to BSNL, internet is widely available along with GPRS and not only in district head quarters but sub divisions & circles as well.
Most private players however has not ventured much beyond state capital.
San Phrangmung is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2011, 18:21   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
More power to you brother!
It is best that you are living the life of your calling, and that your mind & body are supporting you through your dream. May this continue!
Just a bit curious, how are you handling the internet connectivity part? Is it available in these places too?
San is right here, BSNL really rules in Arunachal, however you need to have a post paid connection for it to work here or a local prepaid SIM. Currently i am in the capital sorting out permissions for entire state and this is taking time, and then there are a lot of cyber cafe's hence i am trying to update as much as i can, however i also do have a mini laptop and i use my GPRS to get connected on the laptop, its very slow but manageable. it wont be too long that i would have been gone in the wild hence please expect delays on the posts till i get connectivity. BSNL 3G data card is another option i have and i am working on it. The fantasy here is to be on top of a high peak and get connected to the world on webcam.... heheh.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:56   #169
Senior - BHPian

Jai BSNL! It is heartening to know that BSNL provides services where they are missed the most. I noted that in most areas of Konkan, you would not get any signal other than BSNL. Unfortunately, the connection does not work well in the urban areas :(
Old 11th February 2011, 23:25   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Jai BSNL! It is heartening to know that BSNL provides services where they are missed the most. I noted that in most areas of Konkan, you would not get any signal other than BSNL. Unfortunately, the connection does not work well in the urban areas :(

BSNL works in such areas as the Govt does not allow private operators in sensitive areas. There are areas where only postpaids work and some areas where only BSNL postpaids work ( On roaming)

Waiting to see more photograps from you Road Inc
Old 12th February 2011, 13:11   #171
BHPian

Honestly, there is nothing much to do in itanagar, but my stay here is killing me, the officials are just taking too long to get my pass done. (please note i am trying to make a permanent pass for at least 3-6 months for my stay in Arunachal)

The only few things that one can do in Itanagar is go to the state museum. The items on display just gives you more reason to explore this state. Then you have Ganga lake, nothing more than a picnic spot for locals and you have a Biologcal park where they have a few animals and house 3 kinds of big cat.

Just posting a couple here:
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06133.jpg
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06135.jpg

@San do you know any quick drives around itanagar, but within the district.
Old 12th February 2011, 15:29   #172
BHPian

Maybe you can try the old jungle track sort of road that connects Itanagar to neighbouring district headquarters directly instead of coming down to the Assam plains. These are the last few days of those tracks as the Govt is planning a trans Arunachal highway by making these old tracks motorable.
Old 13th February 2011, 00:46   #173
Senior - BHPian

@Roadinc - Bumped into this thread because of the new feature on Team-BHP for New Posts. And boy am i glad!!! Read through the entire thread in one go and you can add one more salute from my side and Respect as well like someone commented earlier in the thread.

You started from Mumabi to Chandigarh to HP and now in Arunachal. As you have rightly mentioned there is no clear plan in your head and you would be on the move. I think Leh-Ladakh should also be in your list of itineraries (if there is any in your case ) Take care brother and wish you all the best. By any chance if you make your way to Pune do knock and would be more than happy to host you.

On a different and humorous note my wife who is into child and family psychology would really like to unravel the mind which has taken this bold and adventurous route.
Old 13th February 2011, 01:25   #174
Senior - BHPian

roadinc - the background in the pics seems hilly - there should be things to do around there. if you arent doing much, it may be useful to find some work to replenish your reserves of vitamin M. it could be useful when you may have more to do but not want to take a break for work!

hey amit, I guess you will have at least some competition for the hosting rights in Pune!

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th February 2011 at 01:28. Reason: added comment
Old 15th February 2011, 11:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Roadinc: Your videos are way different as it shows stuff which we usually miss in our daily grinds!!

Any link to the blog which you maintain?
Old 15th February 2011, 12:56   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Roadinc: Your videos are way different as it shows stuff which we usually miss in our daily grinds!!

Any link to the blog which you maintain?
@ maddy, its Further and Beyond Blog since my connectivity is not that great i have not been able to update the same about my arunachal trip.

I have got hands on my permit and its for year and for all Arunachal Pradesh. Now i don't have to keep coming to civilization renew my permit. So here i am off now to experience the real Arunachal.

PS: there may be delays, but i will make sure i find a way to update all of you about my proceedings.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:36   #177
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for giving us an insight of eastern arunachal, Roadinc. I remember having read about a Vijaynagar article in an Outlook Traveller issue sometime last year. Good Job mate. Appreciate your efforts !!
Old 15th February 2011, 13:47   #178
BHPian

Great, you wanted just three months but they offered you a one year long permit. Maybe you may as well extend your stay.
Now that your real exploration starts, make sure to find the World War II hump aircraft remains.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:59   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Great, you wanted just three months but they offered you a one year long permit. Maybe you may as well extend your stay.
Now that your real exploration starts, make sure to find the World War II hump aircraft remains.
Its strange, even i had that in mind and i also have a lead in that direction. do you have any more inputs on the aircraft remains.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:12   #180
BHPian

Contact Vijay Sonam at vsonam9@gmail.com he is based in Seppa and will lead you to the right direction. Also try to meet Chao Suktana Enling (photographer) at DIPR Itanagar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks