Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 12:15   #151
BHPian

Re: The Road My Home Forever...

Welcome back mate! I guess many of us were wondering where you'd disappeared. Good to know that you're in such a heavenly place.

BTW, could you please clarify what does the "farthest village in India" means? Farthest from what?
Old 23rd January 2011, 17:18   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Welcome back mate! I guess many of us were wondering where you'd disappeared. Good to know that you're in such a heavenly place.

BTW, could you please clarify what does the "farthest village in India" means? Farthest from what?
Vijaynagar will be the farthermost village from kanyakumari or Kashmir or even Gujarat. This village is situated at the eastern most tip of Arunachal Pradesh and one can only reach there by foot which takes the locals 6 days from the district sub-headquarter. there is also a weekly helicopter service that will take you only 20 mins from Mohanbari. Its surrounded by Burma on the 3 sides and the people that dominate in this region are the Lisu tribes.

Just giving you a glimpse of the place where first sunrays are experienced in IndiaThe Road My Home Forever...-206.jpg
Old 23rd January 2011, 17:56   #153
BHPian

Hi Roadinc ,
Great going man , it takes a lot of courage to be on a journey like this .
Hope you see and encounter places and people and widen your horizon.
Cheers man !
Old 29th January 2011, 19:28   #154
BHPian

So you must have met the last of the remaining few small people? And don't miss the Pangsau Pass winter festival in Nampong if you are still in the region.
Old 30th January 2011, 18:34   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
So you must have met the last of the remaining few small people? And don't miss the Pangsau Pass winter festival in Nampong if you are still in the region.
The met the Lisu tribe, but not the small people, please give me more info on it so that can explore further. Also this year the Pangsu pass festival did not happen but i did go to the border and into Burma and saw the lake of no return and the Market there, not to forget the had a ride on their M80 types bike.

My journey continued into Lohit district where i did see the Parshuramkund mela and now i will head to the Namdapha winter festival next this coming week.
Old 30th January 2011, 19:51   #156
BHPian

in continuation of the previous post attaching some picture.

[ATTACH]The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05930.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05932.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05943.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05951.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05956.jpg

till here its all Burma, with the bike that you ride in till the Indian borders.

and now the tribal picnic begins

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05972.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05974.jpg

Name:  DSC05977.JPG
Views: 3253
Size:  175.6 KB

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05981.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05984.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06007.jpg[/ATTACH]

Heading towards Parshuram kund.....
I have a tentative route mapped for my Arunachal phase, and would like more inputs on where deeper i can explore?
Attached Thumbnails
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06022.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06025.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06027.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06029.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06032.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06043.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06065.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06072.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06077.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06079.jpg  

Last edited by Roadinc : 30th January 2011 at 20:13. Reason: adding text
Old 31st January 2011, 00:45   #157
BHPian

If i am correct somewhere near Vijaynagar is a place having the last members of a vanishing tribe and there speciality is that they are very short and small, toddler size to be precise.
Anyways meet Arif Siddiqui who is based in Jairampur but actively involved in Namdapha Winter Festival as well. He will guide you to many hidden treasures.
By the way how is the road condition from Nampong check gate to Pangsaung market. And do visit the World War era remains.
Once you are further down in Assam plains one location you must visit is the Charaideo maidam.
And there is one more fest coming up, the Dehing Patkai at the Chukafa gate field which you must have crossed.
Old 31st January 2011, 04:35   #158
Senior - BHPian

Wow. How did i miss this. Amazing story here. Hope you have a great trip ahead and i am simply amazed by it.

First time i saw pics of the rock garden. Looks gorgeous!
Old 31st January 2011, 11:29   #159
BHPian

Quote:
If i am correct somewhere near Vijaynagar is a place having the last members of a vanishing tribe and there speciality is that they are very short and small, toddler size to be precise.
Anyways meet Arif Siddiqui who is based in Jairampur but actively involved in Namdapha Winter Festival as well. He will guide you to many hidden treasures.
By the way how is the road condition from Nampong check gate to Pangsaung market. And do visit the World War era remains.
Once you are further down in Assam plains one location you must visit is the Charaideo maidam.
And there is one more fest coming up, the Dehing Patkai at the Chukafa gate field which you must have crossed.
San, Vijay nagar is mainly inhibited by the Lisu tribe, you will also fine Gorkha's who are ex-service men who have been put there by our forces when our army reached Vijaynagar, i have interacted with a lot of people there and there are no signs of any short people living here, may be there is another place in the state, now i am eager too to find about the short people you are talking about. This time the Pangsu pass festival was canned due to some logistic issue they had. The dates of the Patkai festival and the Parshuramkund mela were similar so i chose to go to the kund. also please help me with Arif Siddiqui, i wud be interested in knowing more abut this side of the state. Thank you.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:01   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hey Roadinc,

Ive just finished reading through the 11 pages long TL and i know one thing, its far from "over".
Man, one word for you -Respect!

You have gone to achieve what most of us dream. I mean this is one hell of a movie script .
In more ways then one, you remind me of "Lin" from the novel "Shantaram". Of course leaving aside the 'stuff' and cold turkeys.

Inner peace or finding the true meaning of life? Whatever inspired this, would be a great chat session.

May the almighty be with you.
Old 9th February 2011, 19:43   #161
BHPian

My Journey into Arunachal Pradesh has finally brought me to the capital Itanagar to sort out my inner line permits which i need for at least 3 months, that is how much time i reckon i will need to cover this massive state before the rains start. Ya for that i did have to miss the Namdapha festival. However no sweat as uncertainties are always the way to go about on the road.

While leaving from Parshuram kund i came via dibrugarh to get the bike tuned up and take the ferry across the Boghibil Ghat. This is where the fun lies, as i was approaching the jetty, the last boat for day was just leaving, hence i decided to stay on the banks of the Bramhaputra. This is where the magic of my kinda travel begins. The sunset over the mighty river is just mind blowing, to add to that i made some friends with fisher folks who allowed me to sleep on the boat floating on the river and then you gaze into the river you see fresh water dolphins playing around. however they are too fast to capture it on camera.
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06117.jpg
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06118.jpg
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06122.jpg
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06126.jpg
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06127.jpg

Once i reached itanagar i spotted a T3500 Swaraj Mazda. Just imagine a perfect vehicle for the caravan, and the future on the road looks quite promising.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06149.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

All i need to know is what is the cost and is there a used one available, and ofcourse find a way to procure it. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06140.jpg  

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc06142.jpg  

Last edited by Roadinc : 9th February 2011 at 19:48. Reason: adding text
Old 9th February 2011, 20:06   #162
BHPian

Hey missing the ferry turned up to be the nicest thing for the day. And you spent a night on a boat in Brahmaputra which otherwise is available touriswise at a hefty price under Assam Bengal navigation Ltd.

Anyways hope you are able to cover the place in three month's. And remember April & May is going to be rainy and some areas are flash flood prone. Wonder if the road to Annini is open now after the area was cut off by last years flood.

And leave the Swaraz alone, the areas you are going to visit needs either a Gypsy or the narrow roads will allow your two wheeler only. But for the plains it would work out fine.

Oh, forgot to ask, how is the Bogibeel bridge coming up. Its been ages since the guys started moving the first stone.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 9th February 2011 at 20:09.
Old 10th February 2011, 01:56   #163
BHPian

Wow.This is something which many dream but only some like you have achieved. When I saw solo journey to the top of the world and One crazy ride - I was impressed, but I have no words to describe what I just read. Once I started reading, I could not stop myself until I reached the end.

All the best, I am waiting for more updates.

I gave a 5*, but I seriously wish more stars for you. God bless you.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:09   #164
BHPian

I'm glued to this thread for the past 2 hours or so and I'm just spellbound. As a couple of them mentioned, some of your true life instances, like the bike getting fixed in a garage and you had very little to pay, the accident scene, is a rip-off from the movie 'Motorcycle Diaries'. Who knows, you might end up creating a new revolution and bring about a change, to the way we live, like Che Guevera. Take a bow, dude!

Merwyn, when you visit Bangalore, during this 'Epic' journey, you can expect a lot of fans, including BHP'ians, as I have just sent this link to everyone I know

Just out of curiosity, why this 'old' bullet?

Last edited by aviorp : 10th February 2011 at 10:14.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:26   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways hope you are able to cover the place in three month's. And remember April & May is going to be rainy and some areas are flash flood prone. Wonder if the road to Annini is open now after the area was cut off by last years flood.

And leave the Swaraz alone, the areas you are going to visit needs either a Gypsy or the narrow roads will allow your two wheeler only. But for the plains it would work out fine.

Oh, forgot to ask, how is the Bogibeel bridge coming up. Its been ages since the guys started moving the first stone.
San, The bridge is coming up, they are still rigging to put the pillars in the river, and about the T3500 i see it as a perfect utility vehicle, its can serve as a home where i can also put my bike in so in places where the 4 wheels would not go i would take the 2 wheel out.. any ways these are furture plan a lot need to be worked out before that. but i have seen these vehicle perform in the no road zone used by the army and they just are awesome, huge clearance and a huge 820 tyre.

I am also aware of the rains and i know that i will not be able to complete it in 3 months, hence i may just cover as much as i can till the rains, then look for a place which has lesser rain fall or use the rainy season to get a job to fund my trip further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I'm glued to this thread for the past 2 hours or so and I'm just spellbound. As a couple of them mentioned, some of your true life instances, like the bike getting fixed in a garage and you had very little to pay, the accident scene, is a rip-off from the movie 'Motorcycle Diaries'. Who knows, you might end up creating a new revolution and bring about a change, to the way we live, like Che Guevera. Take a bow, dude!

Merwyn, when you visit Bangalore, during this 'Epic' journey, you can expect a lot of fans, including BHP'ians, as I have just sent this link to everyone I know

Just out of curiosity, why this 'old' bullet?
Thanks buddy, i know not what 'Che' did, and i am neither a revolutionary. However i have learnt that any machine will break down on such a long trip and one has to be prepared, not that i was prepared for it, but the road has a lot of surprises in store and many a times these surprises become a very humbling experience which cannot be explained by words at least by me.

The old bullet is simply because i had owned one already and i trusted it. I believe for me that bike is a legend already.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks