Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 20:38   #121
BHPian

The Road My Home Forever...

Relishing times at Muhammad Ali Road,Mumbai. Had an awesome evening with my sister and girlfriend

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05160.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05163.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05167.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05170.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05175.jpg

Name:  DSC05186.JPG
Views: 3926
Size:  177.1 KB

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05190.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-dsc05191.jpg

Now heading to Bangalore
Old 13th September 2010, 12:59   #122
BHPian

Did you ride back to Mumbai? How long did thid trip take?
Old 13th September 2010, 13:13   #123
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Your family is so happy to have you back! Their expressions are priceless. And that beard now reminds me of tibetan wanderers. Did you visit your old place and feed the pigeons one more time?
Old 13th September 2010, 13:25   #124
BHPian

Did you really have to put those delicious yummy food pictures? Am heading to the cafeteria now

Do let us know where you are in Bangalore and any help if required. And how did you go from CHD-Mumbai? and how will you make it to Bangalore? Moolaah?
Old 13th September 2010, 18:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

I dont have words to express my feeling on your adventure on road! Awesome. Best of luck for everything.

Definitely, not my cup of tea. Many others expressed that they felt to do so at some point of time in their life, but not me. I like a settled life, not in city though.

I would like to know three things if you dont mind:-

1. Whats the reaction of your family?

2. You said, you have tent. Fine. It may work on a side of a highway. But in City you just can not put it anywhere! Did you stay with your friends in C'garh or in tent? Where did you pitch it?

3. When you go to work, say cafe etc where do you put up your stuff? The bags, bike etc. I am sure you did not travel to B'lore/Mumbai by bike.Where is your stuff now?
Old 13th September 2010, 20:31   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Your family is so happy to have you back! Their expressions are priceless. And that beard now reminds me of tibetan wanderers. Did you visit your old place and feed the pigeons one more time?
They sure were thrilled I did visit the old place but the pigeons don't come there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Did you ride back to Mumbai? How long did thid trip take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Did you really have to put those delicious yummy food pictures? Am heading to the cafeteria now

Do let us know where you are in Bangalore and any help if required. And how did you go from CHD-Mumbai? and how will you make it to Bangalore? Moolaah?
When I was in Chandigarh, Cleartrip reverted on my proposal (on freelancing) for which I had to travel back to Mumbai. I took the bus from Chandigarh to Delhi, and then a train to Mumbai. The two jobs I’d taken in Chandigarh had earned me little but sufficient money to undertake this travel. Meanwhile I also got a small sum for an article I’d written a few months back. So, it all worked out fine. I’m in Bangalore now and got here by bus. Have to get my driving license in place because the card broke and also had some documentation work to be done to secure my journey forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I dont have words to express my feeling on your adventure on road! Awesome. Best of luck for everything.

Definitely, not my cup of tea. Many others expressed that they felt to do so at some point of time in their life, but not me. I like a settled life, not in city though.

I would like to know three things if you dont mind:-

1. Whats the reaction of your family?

2. You said, you have tent. Fine. It may work on a side of a highway. But in City you just can not put it anywhere! Did you stay with your friends in C'garh or in tent? Where did you pitch it?

3. When you go to work, say cafe etc where do you put up your stuff? The bags, bike etc. I am sure you did not travel to B'lore/Mumbai by bike.Where is your stuff now?

For years I’ve been preparing them and myself for this journey. Initially, of course there was apprehension from not only family but also friends on this way of life. But now people who matter to me in life understand my need to be on the road. Also, in no way am I running away from my responsibilities. Now that I’ve been on the road for few weeks, my family and friends are encouraging.

When I pass through cities I opt for couch surfing. That’s how I managed stay in Delhi and Chandigarh. However, my stay in Chandigarh was arranged by a person I met on the Udaipur highway last year during my bike trip to Rajasthan. He had friends in Chandigarh and they there were willing to host me (mentioned in earlier posts) and that’s where my stuff was during my job stints since I was living with them. As of now my bike and most of my luggage is with the same guys
Old 14th September 2010, 08:46   #127
BHPian

I wont be surprised if You make it to the guinness book of world records.
All the best
Old 14th September 2010, 09:39   #128
BHPian

Street festivity

A vibrant toy hawker on Muhammad Ali Road in Mumbai during Ramadhan.

Old 14th September 2010, 13:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
I wont be surprised if You make it to the guinness book of world records.
All the best
Thanks Moshin, i am not looking to break or set any record !
Old 21st September 2010, 11:57   #130
BHPian

Hey Roadinc - long time, no hear. Have you left from B'lore? Where are you now?
Old 15th October 2010, 17:47   #131
BHPian

Hello People!

Have been away for a long time...and a lot has happened in that time...survived two accidents! At the moment in Manali getting my bike fixed - its in two pieces!!! More on that later for now giving a peek into the first few days of my ride into Himachal.

Shimla - The walking town!

North – South – North. Finally Riding!!!…towards Himachal.

The Road My Home Forever...-100_0002.jpg

Just 10 kms from Chandigarh, Panchkula gives you a glimpse of the mountains that await a traveler.

The Road My Home Forever...-100_0042.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-4.jpg

The magic of the mountains lifted my spirits after the heavy down pour in Chandigarh delayed my ride. The sun was smiling bright in Shimla.

An acquaintance now a friend Himanshu Malhotra (I met at Cafe Oz during my first job on the road) introduced me to a bunch of his friends at Shimla’s favourite hangout place Mall Road. Then on started the friendship trail… Rajinder hosted me at his home during my two- day stay in Shimla while Dhananjay helped chalk out the route map for my journey into Dev bhoomi.

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-1.jpg

Shimla would be best described as a walking town where everyone loves to walk. For instance, a bus from Shimla to new Shimla takes around 30 minutes, so people prefer the 15 minutes walk. Mall road is a good 500 meters climb and with no vehicles allowed to ride/drive up, walking is the favoured choice, considering the Himachal tourism lift service charges 7 bucks one way, and one has to use two lifts to reach the hilltop.

The Queen of Hills has its own historic musings – Bishop Cotton School, the Municipal Corporation and the gothic style Gaiety Theatre, to name a few.

With my route mapped out for the mountain state, I then left for Narkanda.

Mashobra

An ancient house in Mashobra.

Sunset at Chharabra

Chharabra was my next stop in Himachal. Situated at 8,250 feet the place is surrounded with cedar and pine forests, and is part of Shimla reserve forest.

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-2.jpg

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-x.jpg

The only sign of civilization on this valley is the presence of two-three dhabas/shops and two lodges. This is where I finally broke free from the paratha routine. For the night I stayed at the Cedar Hill Lodge with the windows giving a view of the valley.

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-z.jpg

It’s in these valleys that the mind starts wondering about life in these mountains.

The Road My Home Forever...-pic-6.jpg

The first experience of the sunset in the mountains (during this roadtrip) was at Chharabra. Kalyani helipad is where you’ll get a beautiful view of the sun setting in the Himalayan range.

Normally one sees the sun set in the valley, but the that evening the sun set in the sea of clouds…at least thats what nature tricked me to believe.

Old 15th October 2010, 20:59   #132

Really glad to know ur back in action bro, do tell us about ur accident(s).

Ride safe
Old 16th October 2010, 01:05   #133

Hooked...

Man, I'm hooked to this thread. Brings memories of a poem I read:

I will heal and not harm
I will love and not hate
I will help and not hurt
I will create and not destroy
I will be free
I am a free spirit, grateful for my life and freedom . . . today.
-- Christine Bruness

Godspeed and pls do PM me if a Chennai visit is planned: let us meet up, and rest assured (Roti/Kapda/Makan/Kaam/bandwidth).
Old 16th October 2010, 05:50   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

What can I say but "God speed"

Dev Bhoomi is perfect place to be a nomad. Park your bike for a while and walk the valleys.

I now have a surrogate traveller in you!
Old 16th October 2010, 08:25   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Take care dude. Bike in 2 pieces doesn't sound good. Keep posting- we've missed you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks