Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 13:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
What are the negatives if one goes for an upsize?
Honestly I haven't found any as yet. I am running 255/65 R16 Yoko Geolanders on my scorp'. Have been a hoot to drive around when compared to the old BS Duelers with regards to the road noise.

Have put up a review here and you might want to consider the following brands too

1 - Bridgestone D694
2 - Pirelli Scorpion A/T
3 - BF Goodrich T/A
4 - Maxxis Bravo Series
Old 25th May 2010, 13:32   #107
BHPian

Thanks RJ. Seems to be an interesting review. Will haunt you if confusion doesnt get solved
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:26   #108
BHPian

Hi All, I'm planning to buy a Scorpio and am going to change to alloys and new tyres immediately. I've shortlisted Neo 16'' Punch Silver for alloys but need advice on tyres...Contenders are
-Yokohama 245/70 A/Ts
-Michelin Latitude Cross 245/70
-MRF ZVRL 245/70
Would wecome your valuable comments.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

i would recommend the yokos. running on my scorpio & i am very happy with it.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i would recommend the yokos. running on my scorpio & i am very happy with it.
My Yokos wearing out very fast, helped by some suspension problems, is due for replacement after just 45,000 kms. My earlier BS tyres have given me 60-75,000 kms.
Old 4th September 2010, 10:42   #111
BHPian

Well even the Yokos are my first choice but I've been told that the Michelins are just as good and the most long wearing ones are MRF. Just so at what price point should I purchase the Yoko's.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

yes, even i would agree that MRFs have a long life. i prefer yokos as i feel michelins are not VFM. also, i have heard that michelins last only 40-45k, dont know how true it is.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:15   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Yoko Geolanders ........
1 - Bridgestone D694
2 - Pirelli Scorpion A/T
3 - BF Goodrich T/A
4 - Maxxis Bravo Series
I wonder which of these has the maximum tyrewall flex ? And which one the least ? Just curious to know
Old 14th March 2011, 02:07   #114
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi All,
Didn't want to open a new thread and so putting my question here. Please pitch in your input. From whatever I've read here it seems that the Yoko Geolanders are the default choice of most of the Team-BHPians for Scorpio. I'm on the verge of booking a Scorpio and I'm getting shock after shock while going through the booking process. Initially I was told that the vehicle will come with Bridgestone Dueller HT's. After that I was told that it might be Apollo Hawkz or MRF(Wanderer or ZVL I've no idea). But again yesterday I got this worrying message that it might even be JK Tyre. I've flatly told the sales manager that the deal will be off if it's JK Tyre. I asked him to put a request for Bridgestone but he was very negative about getting Bridgestones. As I read here, it seems that Apollo Hawkz are also not bad tires, so should I push for the Hawkz instead? I'll be driving mostly on highways and there will be some rough roads too. So should I go for an AT tires (Apollo Hawkz is AT)? Or should I just chuck all these and go for a set of new tires ,say Yoko Geolanders(again AT) or Michelin? I've read in the Safari tire thread that people (I think Tanveer suggested) also have suggested LT tires (from BF Goodrich). Anyone have tried these on Scorpio?
Waiting for your response..
Regards,
Old 14th March 2011, 07:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

Kaushik ^^, which model Scorpio have you booked?

Spike
Old 14th March 2011, 09:53   #116
BHPian

Kaushik - which variant of scorpio have you booked?

Recently during December 2010, my brother went through same experience while booking his Scorpio SLE at Bangalore. He made it clear while booking that the tire must be Bridgestone, otherwise we would cancel the booking. But even after that at the end of it, he got the vehicle with JK tires. Apparently they said that now days the factory fits only JK/Appollo for most of it, so even if we wait there is no guarantee that when the vehicle will come with BS. Due to the uncertainity my brother took the delivery and now plan to change the tires when the OE tire meets their end of life.

If you go for after market then go for BS itself, they are good tires and best suited for scorpio. Yoko / Goodrich are also good but I feel for you BS should do the job?

Cheers
narayanang76
Old 14th March 2011, 12:03   #117
Senior - BHPian

@Spike_arrestor, Narayanag76, thanks for responding. Sorry I somehow missed about the version. It's a SLE.
So should I ask them to get Apollow Hawkz if Bridgestone is not possible? Heard some bad stories about the JK tyres so I'm bit worried.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:11   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
@Spike_arrestor, Narayanag76, thanks for responding. Sorry I somehow missed about the version. It's a SLE.
So should I ask them to get Apollow Hawkz if Bridgestone is not possible? Heard some bad stories about the JK tyres so I'm bit worried.
AFAIK,all SLE's come with JK's Now.
We had purchased ours in May-2010,and it came with JK's which were swapped with Michelin Latitude Cross 235\70\R16 at the showroom itself.
Old 15th March 2011, 23:55   #119
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, what is the feedback on Apollo Hawkz? Good bad or ugly?? No, not asking about the looks, but how these tires actually perform?
Old 16th March 2011, 20:23   #120
BHPian

Dear All,

Let me chip in with my experience with JK Elanzos. Got my SLE with JK's in Apr 2009 and done 37K till now (95% city driving in and ard Delhi) and still have about 45% tread left.
I had apprehensions of JKs also before taking the delivery and tried for Bridgestones but to no avail. On the hindsight, JKs are serving me well. It seems tire life/health depends on the driving style, load and road conditions.

P.S: My style of driving is a little aggresive but take due care at speed breakers/potholes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks