Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 21:15   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

That seems decent. Take it is my opinion!
Old 16th November 2009, 22:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i would suggest go for the yokos buddy. these tyres are quite good & ride quality is better, though just slightly. tyre noise is very less though.
All A/T tyres require strict tyre rotation, as with the time they tend to wear more uneven compared to H/T but timely rotation will do the needful to keep noise levels under check.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Websites

Is there a website where I can check Yokohama site for types and patterns, prices in India? I could fine no information for Indian cars in their international site. Also Pirelli.

Last edited by agbenny : 1st December 2009 at 17:41.
Old 17th January 2010, 22:33   #64

Folks

I have a Scorpio / 45k kms / 5 years old & the stock tyres (Bridgestone) are 6 years old. Tyres are old & we starting road travel all over again (after long out-of-country jaunts & a couple of kids).

From previous messages on the topic, I will be opting for either a Yoko Geolander or the Michellin ATs.

Due to lack of appropriate & sufficient tyre rotation so far, I am left with 1 tyre (the stock Bridgestone) that has rarely been used & looks like it could go for a while. My question to you all is - do I go in for a set of 4 new tyres / rotate only regularly / use the old one as purely a spare OR do I change all the 5 / rotate across 5 new tyres? Will mixing a set of new Yoko / Michellin ATs with a 6 yr old Bridgestone (to save about 5k) make sense?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Cheers.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:18   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No point putting a 5 year old tyre in duty now, it is best used as a spare.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:24   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if I were you I would buy 5 brand new Yoko A/T's.
the tyre compound which is a mix of rubber and various things tends to become harder with age - so again, if I were you, I would not mix my old Bridgestone with the new Yokos - because I believe in rotating all 5 tyres every 5000 kms.
Old 24th January 2010, 09:26   #67

@GTO, @shankar.balan - thanks for your responses.

I just got a set of Yoko over the weekend - came at about 5k per piece here in Blr.

Cheers.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:45   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I assume you got 15". Do post your experiences with it.
Old 7th February 2010, 09:01   #69

Footwear for a scorpio crde..

SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Ive got a 2007 metallic silver scorpio crde...
im upgrading from the stock jk tyre elanzos 235/70 R 16
to Bf Goodrich T/A 235/70 R 16...with white lettering..
ive already got the tyres..and im just waiting for the right alloy wheel to install them...
Since i want warranty for the alloys, that narrows the players down to NEO, since Aura shut shop...
I know that there are many good imported brands...
but ive been advised to opt for the warranted alloys..

so ive Shortlisted down to Neo's Punch Chrome plated Alloy wheels...
all i need to do is confirm my order and it will be delivered...
sumhow im just not finding the full package hunky dory!!!!

Whats your take on this ...
Any advice guys????? plz

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2010 at 10:30.
zephyr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th February 2010, 09:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

whats the colour of your scorpio mate? if its black or any dark shade, IMO the chrome plated Punch will look good but if its white or any lighter shade, the black machined one will look better.
Old 7th February 2010, 10:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just a suggestion. I presume your scorp is a 2wd vehicle. Why do you want to go for AT tyres in that case? Why not a good looking HT tyre, like the Apollo Hawkz HT or even the Yoko Geolandar HT? You'll have less road noise and save some fuel.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:21   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Just a suggestion. I presume your scorp is a 2wd vehicle. Why do you want to go for AT tyres in that case? Why not a good looking HT tyre, like the Apollo Hawkz HT or even the Yoko Geolandar HT? You'll have less road noise and save some fuel.
I think he wants a VERY aggressive look. That said, when the going gets tough and you dont have 4WD, these are the tyres to get you out. Trust me. I was spinning wheels quite recently on my HT.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Something that I noticed with the Geolander AT's , they self clean themselves. Yupp you read it right, drive thru some slush and muck you will know what I am talking about.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:25   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Something that I noticed with the Geolander AT's , they self clean themselves. Yupp you read it right, drive thru some slush and muck you will know what I am talking about.
Im opting for All Terrain tyres , even though i drive 90 % tarmac, but its the 10% light dirt road that im worried about,. Have had quite sum close shaves with losing control of the vehicle on Grassy surfaces during the monsoons in Goa....Even spinning the car 180 defore coming to a stop..

The HT tyres prove their mettle on the highway..but when it comes to light slush and dirt ..especially wet dirt...the self ejection if the tread is absolutely zero...so in effect ...the dirt fills in the treads...n what u practically trying to drive with is bald tyres...!!!!!!

The BF Goodrich brand is under parent company Michelin in India..and i have good things from people using then in Goa..
There are quite of Geolanders AT & HT being used in Goa..and its an equally good brand..

My Girl Friends Mahindra scorpio Crde LX ( the one without the plastic claddings)color is metallic dark silver ..(dunno the exact name) and she has chrome accents on the vehicle..so i thing the chrome would match ..

Im getting the 16" neo Chrome "punch" wheels for 29,300 bucks for 5 pcs.. Is that reasonable???
and the BF Goodrich A/T KO, 235/70 R 16 for 28,000 for 5 pcs

so all in all im paying 57k
including alignment, balancing, nitrogen..n the works..
the full thing will take abt 1 hour to complete ..
(PS this is a Valntines day Gift for My Girlfriend)

Whatcha Say!!!
Shud i cash in my Chips???
Old 7th February 2010, 16:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im getting the 16" neo Chrome "punch" wheels for 29,300 bucks for 5 pcs.. Is that reasonable???
and the BF Goodrich A/T KO, 235/70 R 16 for 28,000 for 5 pcs
The price definitely looks on the higher side for the 16 inch alloys. I have seen price quotes in the sub of 5500 and my suggestion would be to pick up a set of 4 alloys and tires .

Put the rest of your money on picking up 255/65/R16 tires and give that butch look to the scorp'. Think about it !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks