Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 23:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

I honestly thought that it was 4.5j! Damn it! Since there is a lot of confusion, I will find out from the company tomorrow and post here.

greenh0rn --- I suggest Michelin XM1+ 155/70 R13. Ideal tyre.
Old 27th August 2009, 00:06   #107
BHPian

@greenhorn, Turanza is awesome too, great grip and ride, but the general consensus in tbhp is that XM1+ is even softer and more comfortable. I myself am planning to fit Michelins next year, this time 165/65 again, but I read they don't give much feedback
Old 27th August 2009, 00:09   #108
BHPian

Thanks guys! Just one final query- is it true that Michelins will last lesser than Bridgestones? How much mileage can I expect (my stock tyres still have some life at 52,000 mark)
Old 27th August 2009, 00:21   #109
BHPian

@greenhorn, normally these soft compound tyres may not last as long as stock tyres, but they perform better, XM1 used to last very less. but XM1+ is made to last longer. But it depends on conditions and driving styles. My turanza's lasted 31 k but some ppl's seems to have lasted 50 k .
Old 1st September 2009, 15:15   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
@tapabrata-Is the shop you are refering to Indo radial by any chance?
If it is then the guy is pretty reliable and a lot of members have bought stuff from him though his prices are slightly on the higher side.For alloys you can consider HR/League/lenso etc.
Hi Nik! You are correct. That was Indo Radial. First time I spoke to Minku over phone, while I dealt with his father and paid so high. I was not even given much opportunity to evaluate or choose from a variety. I was shown Pirelli and Good Year, when I was already doubtful about the later brand. Though they have pretty good displays of Michelin and Yokohama, but it seemed Pirelli was on top of their priority to sell.

Next time Minku's brother dealt with me and rest is history...
Reliability is ok dear, but why charge so high for that?!?!
Btw, I did not get any warranty document against any of the tyres. Is this normal?

For alloys, the brands suggested by you are Indian made?
Old 29th June 2010, 13:06   #111
BHPian

Dear All,

Reading this discussion has convinced to go tubeless
Old 16th July 2010, 11:15   #112
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

After lot of research here, I have upgraded all the four tyres on my Accent CRDI to Falken tubeless on steel rims as posted in Accent tyre thread. Its about 2 months and around 1500KMs, absolutely no air loss issues when checked twice till now. Earlier my car was running Appollo Amazer tubed type and regularly encountered punctures and always had the fear of tyre blast on high speeds, now I'm a free bird and more confident on high speeds .

Last edited by jacs : 16th July 2010 at 11:17.
Old 16th July 2010, 19:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I had my first puncture on a tubeless tire yesterday. The person who repaired the tire put some gel and a stick like thing from the area where the cut was made and said it is how it is repaired. Okay, the puncture has been sealed but that glue which he used is still there and looks like some dirt that's struck on the tire. I asked him to remove it and he says, its got to be there and cannot be removed or else the seal would break. Does that mean that whenever there's a puncture, I would get my tires looking more and more dirty?
Hi Amtek,

It is true that I too did the puncture repair in the MSM. There too a small stick like thing is visible out side the tyre. It looks like a nail from the side. I too asked some one they too told tubless punture is like that only. Another wheel got punctured. There were 3 nails and the punture wala told better to put a tube than to repair. I did and kept that wheel as a spare wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I had my first puncture on a tubeless tire yesterday. The person who repaired the tire put some gel and a stick like thing from the area where the cut was made and said it is how it is repaired. Okay, the puncture has been sealed but that glue which he used is still there and looks like some dirt that's struck on the tire. I asked him to remove it and he says, its got to be there and cannot be removed or else the seal would break. Does that mean that whenever there's a puncture, I would get my tires looking more and more dirty?
Hi Amtek,

It is true that I too did the puncture repair in the MSM. There too a small stick like thing is visible out side the tyre. It looks like a nail from the side. I too asked some one they too told tub less puncture is like that only. Another wheel got punctured. There were 3 nails and the puncture wala told better to put a tube than to repair. I did and kept that wheel as a spare wheel.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2010 at 22:06. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 17th July 2010, 06:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

Got 4 fiesta's rim and so i changed my ikon's 13 inch rims, went tubeless too. Nice improvement in ride quality and steering too...
Old 17th July 2010, 10:33   #115
Senior - BHPian

I changed the tyres of my Santro to Turanza Tubeless. Kept the steel rims. Two needed a bit of straightening before fitting. No problems, the tyres hold air for well over two months (<4psi drop).
Old 17th July 2010, 11:02   #116
Senior - BHPian

The steel rims for Tubeless tyres have a special bead seat profile (a sort of depression on the wheel rim) for flawless operation.

Spike
Old 17th July 2010, 12:04   #117
BANNED

I have been using steel rims on tubeless tires for my Cielo for the past 4 years now and have no issues at all. In fact, I purchased them second hand from JC road and yet there are no issues at all.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

There may be no/little issues but technically it isn't correct. Even I have seen tube type tyres running on tubeless wheel rims, which also isn't correct.

Spike
Old 17th July 2010, 12:53   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
There may be no/little issues but technically it isn't correct. Even I have seen tube type tyres running on tubeless wheel rims, which also isn't correct.

Spike
Hi Spike, why it is technically incorrect to use a tubeless tyre on steel rim? Concern if it is true ecause, I am also using tubeless tyres on steel rim.

Thanks
Shyam
Old 17th July 2010, 12:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike
What are Tubeless wheel rims ?

Safety wise

Tubeless + Alloys > Tubeless + steel rims > Tube type + Alloys > Tube type + steel rims..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks