Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:55   #316
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.olympus View Post
I have changed my company stock tires to Yokohama C.drive AC01 on 30380 kms lon May 2015 , now its 65k . all the tyres are kind of worn out even after regular alignment checks. Attaching the pics :-(

Can someone recommend me a tyre which will last more?
I've the same model tyres on my Innova D4D; changed in 2010 at 44K; I am at 102Kkm now, still the same tyres; my tyres are now just about as worn out as yours. Don't know why yours are like this in 35k km... surprised.
Old 7th August 2017, 14:24   #317
BHPian

My Yokohama C-Drive was due for replacement - 7 years and 65K km used. Not a single puncture. Had to replace the neck for one tyre last year. Tread was almost gone and in last 2 months, my weekly driving shot up due to a relocation to 1000km on weekends on highways.

This time, narrowed down selection to Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth 1; standard size ones than the 225 secion Yokos I used to use.

Called up TyreEmpire at Varthur last Wednesday and ordered XM2. Dealer had only 2 XM2's in stock despite me calling ahead the previous day and I couldn't wait till evening. So went for Yokohama Earth 1. Have completed 700km so far with 600km on highways and remaining in Coonoor ghats; have used in extremely heavy rains in NH47 in Kerala as well.

Quite good. Ride is a little harsh compared to C-Drive (that was like soft cushion), but the noise levels are very low. Grip is excellent - I was able to cruise in 90-100kmph from Walayar to Palakkad in very heavy rains, with no drama. Haven't had any emergency stops; so don't know about breaking. Couple of times, had to go over really slushy terrain and it pulled neatly without any spin.

Hoping it will continue to work well.

Cost - 6000 per tyre; (XM2 was quoted at 6700 and Bridgestone B390 at 6900). Alignment, rotation etc all put together labor 1300; plus approximately 200 for weights and 300 for new necks.
vsbabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 09:36   #318
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shanksta

How are your Nexens holding up? I need to change the Bridge stones on my innova and am evaluating options for it.

Cheers
Old 1st November 2017, 09:50   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Hey Shanksta

How are your Nexens holding up? I need to change the Bridge stones on my innova and am evaluating options for it.

Cheers
Hi RJK,

The Nexens are holding up really well we did not have much running since the tyre change just completed 6500kms till date on them.

Did two highway drives. These tyres are brilliant in the dry and offer amazing grip. The road and tyre noise is low. They may seem softer than the competition but they are actually really tough. No cracks, cuts or punctures. *touchwood*

However I am not very confident anything above 80kmph on the highways when it is raining on these tyres. The tyres have decent wet grip but the same amount of confidence is not felt by me. It could also be because I had the Continental CPC2's previously which were known for their wet grip.

Overall, this is a good tyre to consider, there has been no drop in mileage still getting the same 10.5-11kmpl in city and 12+ on highways. It makes a strong case for itself when you consider quality, comfort, noise levels and the rolling resistance of a tyre.

EDIT: Of the three set of tyred on our innova till now, only these have truly made the steering feel come alive.

Last edited by Shanksta : 1st November 2017 at 09:54.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 14:57   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Called up TyreEmpire at Varthur last Wednesday and ordered XM2.
Cost - 6000 per tyre; (XM2 was quoted at 6700 and Bridgestone B390 at 6900). Alignment, rotation etc all put together labor 1300; plus approximately 200 for weights and 300 for new necks.
I usually get all the labor charges waived off at Sai Iyenkar & sons when I get a new set of tyres including balancing weights, alignment. Tyre empire seems to be very costly for labor. Is it worth it?
Old 4th November 2017, 16:03   #321
BHPian

Majority of this was for some road force test and alignment. Not at all worth it. In fact, steering wheel started shaking above 100kmph - I got it redone elsewhere after 2 weeks.
vsbabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 13:37   #322
Senior - BHPian

My OEM good year have worn out real bad, and i am at 43K. The vibrations are high at 90-100 KM / hour speed.

Is Bridgestone still the way to go ? The Nandi Toyota SA was highly recommending the Bridgestone ones. I got 6450/- as price per tyre when on phone. Seems rather high. Its Same model ( B390 84S TL ) is retailing at 5800 at Amazon.

Any views please. I plan to change the tyres tomorrow and your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 13th February 2018, 14:04   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My OEM good year have worn out real bad, and i am at 43K. The vibrations are high at 90-100 KM / hour speed.

Is Bridgestone still the way to go ? The Nandi Toyota SA was highly recommending the Bridgestone ones. I got 6450/- as price per tyre when on phone. Seems rather high. Its Same model ( B390 84S TL ) is retailing at 5800 at Amazon.

Any views please. I plan to change the tyres tomorrow and your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.
I am not surprised if it was Good Year GT3.

B390 are definitely all-rounders. But you could also check Apollo Apterra HLs or Alnac 4G. Pretty good ones and having pretty good first hand experience on the same.

Check my posts
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3916407

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3989523
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 01:22   #324
BHPian

NEXEN N7000+ : 14000 KM update !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Update

Completed 1000kms on the Nexens. ........ So far so good. Touchwood!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
The Nexens are holding up really well we did not have much running since the tyre change just completed 6500kms till date on them....It makes a strong case for itself when you consider quality, comfort, noise levels and the rolling resistance of a tyre.
Completed another 7k kms in the past 4months and I have nothing but praises.

The car feels very sure-footed in the dry. Did a acid test of 2500kms, Chennai to Pune and back, in 5 days on these tyres in December 2017 and they performed well at highway speeds. At one point while returning from Pune just before Satara there is a small ghat section where I noticed a sharp right turn at the last minute and did a quick brake plus hard steer and the car was composed with very little tyre squeal and understreer.

Braking feels on par with the Contis that I was running previously. Mileage remains the same.

My only grouse previously with these tyres is the feeling from the steering during rains. But the time I commented on that they were only 3k kms old. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and will comment on the same after this year's monsoons. From what I've read on the internet they are good in the wet. Anyway will update on that.

No punctures till date *touchwood*.

Last edited by Shanksta : 22nd March 2018 at 01:24. Reason: Adding information
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 21:58   #325

Just upgraded the innova with 205/70/R15 Yokohama Geolander G015 AT tyres. Was looking for a superior off road capable tyre but couldnt find one with the stock size.

Amazing ride, less noise, excellent sidewall protection and ultimate grooves with those killer looks. No other tyre stands anywhere close in the competition.

Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0573.jpg
Old 11th May 2018, 22:12   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare View Post
Just upgraded the innova with 205/70/R15 Yokohama Geolander G015 AT tyres. Was looking for a superior off road capable tyre but couldnt find one with the stock size.

Amazing ride, less noise, excellent sidewall protection and ultimate grooves with those killer looks. No other tyre stands anywhere close in the competition.

Attachment 1759885
If you recently shifted and are wowed by these, you could check my earlier post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3490785

While they are good overall and more offroard capable, grip and under-steer could be issues if not kept in check while driving in specific conditions in normal highway driving, taking swift turns etc.
Old 13th May 2018, 08:34   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
If you recently shifted and are wowed by these, you could check my earlier post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3490785

While they are good overall and more offroard capable, grip and under-steer could be issues if not kept in check while driving in specific conditions in normal highway driving, taking swift turns etc.
Your post had been the initial inspiration for the change to these tyres.
Haven’t yet faced any problems during high speeds or steering but would surely keep the things you said in mind.

Wheel balancing was not a problem and the tyres took the same weights as before.

Slight increase in overall height maybe the cause of instability at very high speeds, but it does surely enhance the ground clearance which would be imperative for me during my leh trip. Speed till 100 is not affected. Haven’t tried high speed turns so no comments on that.

Couldn’t understand why there was drop in FE, theoretically it should rise.

The upsize tyre also neatly fits as the fifth one.

Next review once these tyres take the Ladakhi dirt... for which they are meant !

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th May 2018 at 09:11. Reason: Removing excessive dots.
Flare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 08:49   #328

Having completed 2721 Km in 10 days Delhi-Jammu-Srinagar-Kargil-Leh-Pangong Tso-Karu-Pang-Sarchu-Manali-Delhi with the Innova riding on Yoko Geolander 205/70/R15, believe me its an amazing and assuring feeling that these tyres will never let you down. One of the most treacherous routes done with confidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_9757.jpg  

Flare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 18:47   #329
BHPian

One of my friend's innova (driven by driver) met with accident - and that prompted me to push for tyre change on my innova that has done about 46K kms. It's too less for a replacement, that too while running Bridgestone. However, one of the tyres has a side wall puncture, another has 3 puncures right next to each other and is still leaking - while 2 others are more bald than others. SO decided to change and drove down to Madhu's new outlet in Wilson Garden, Bangalore. Got a good deal on Michelin XM2, was attended promptly by Anand (mechanic) even while Mohsin (manager) i had spoken to was away on lunch break. Anand quickly had a word with Mohsin and started the work while Mohsin joined in and showed me the new tyres. All the tyres were from 3rd week of 2020. All the queries were addressed to justify the need for new tyres and the process during change. Wheel balancing and alignment done with one good tyre remaining from old bridgestone set going into the spare tyre. I also learnt the right way of lowering the spare and putting back. Great work, swift job and extremely methodical while also being attentive to queries. Good job done by Madhu's there. Kudos.
I roped in extended warranty for 1L kms or 5 years at extra cost. After i returned home my brother pointed out my mobile no mentioned on invoice was wrong (and hence Michelin wouldnt be able to send me extended warranty sms). Messaged this to Mohsin on monday and was promptly fixed, got a new copy of invoice with changed mobile number and immediately after got the sms from Michelin as well.
Good experience overall.
Regarding the drive experience and tyre feel - I know it is too early, as I have done max of 100 kms. Drive is smooth and no road noise. However, steering feels a bit more heavier than what it was. Hope it eases itself after few hundred kms. Thanks for reading and info shared on this thread.
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 13:53   #330
BHPian

Hi everybody,

I have a 2008 Innova and need to replace two tyres. About 20% of my use is on rural roads in very bad shape (hilly areas). Unfortunately, I have encountered a lot of situations where the poor Michelin Energy XM2's misserably failed to grip the horribly loose gravel (the lightly rocky patches were not too kind to the sidewalls either). Those are good tyres but are not built for bad terrain.

So, I have been searching for the past two months for 225/60R15 tyres with an AT construction. An AT pattern will almost certainly take away some of the on-road grip from the 205s, and hence, the 225s to compensate (for highway use). I could not find any 225s (of AT construction), but I did find two of 205 width.
Those are:-
Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15 205/70R15
Ceat Czar A/T 205/65R15

The Yoko's being of 70 aspect ratio do increase the outer diameter by 3.2 % (and this might increase even further considering the fact that ATs and MTs have tall blocks of tread). But I dont usually carry much load (not much driveline fatigue possible) so I was still interested in the them. unfortunately, they are not available even with the Yokohama distributor for Kerala. I did try sending a few enquiries through their website, but its now clearly evident that they do not want to waste their time sending replies to a querry for a low demand product (and that too, in a size that probably wont sell again)

Now this is where I need help. I would like to know how good the Ceat Czar A/T's are. I just need two for the rear. So comfort is not a priority while puncture resistance, sidewall strength and chip resistance definately are. Any available info on change in fuel efficiency would be interesting too.

Info on any brand I might have missed will also be a blessing.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks