Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 04:50   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

I enquired at N Mehta Wheels (Swargate) and Darshan Tyres (Chinchwad). Mehta wheels is quoting the following:

Bridgestone B390 - 5500
MRF - 5400
Michellin XM2 - 6000
Yokohama - 5800
I would say stick to Bridgestone B 390. The michelins dont justify the extra price. When you say Yokohoma, I am assuming you are referring to Yoko Earth1. These are also very good tyres.

So BS B390 or Yoko Earth1 - cant go wrong with either of these.

Check Lokomanya Tyres as well for the rates and quote Team BHP.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 08:17   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is your opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I would say stick to Bridgestone B 390.
I will second what F150 has said. The Bridgestone B 390 is a good all-round tyre and will serve you well. I think it's value for money.
Or in common parlance : "Sasta. Mazboot. Tikau"

After almost 5 years of ownership of our Innova, we never settled for anything other than OEM for any consumable.

You may want to make the existing B 390 the spare.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 11:38   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I would say stick to Bridgestone B 390. The michelins dont justify the extra price. When you say Yokohoma, I am assuming you are referring to Yoko Earth1. These are also very good tyres.

So BS B390 or Yoko Earth1 - cant go wrong with either of these.

Check Lokomanya Tyres as well for the rates and quote Team BHP.
Thank you F150 for your inputs. Where is this Lokomanya Tyres? Do you have their contact number? I was under the impression that Mehta wheels is the most reasonable tyre dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I will second what F150 has said. The Bridgestone B 390 is a good all-round tyre and will serve you well. I think it's value for money.
Or in common parlance : "Sasta. Mazboot. Tikau"

After almost 5 years of ownership of our Innova, we never settled for anything other than OEM for any consumable.

You may want to make the existing B 390 the spare.
Thank you your for your inputs too joybhowmik. I have now firmed up that I will go for the B390 only. The only question now is which dealer. As you have rightly suggested I will put all the 4 new tyres to use and the existing B390, which is also almost new will be put up as spare.
Old 16th November 2014, 12:19   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you F150 for your inputs. Where is this Lokomanya Tyres? Do you have their contact number?
Search the forum, there is a thread for Lokmanya Tyres , under directory section.
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:01   #245
BHPian

I'm planning to change my tyres today, as the stock Bridgestones seem a bit worn out. Although it is only 35K kms on the odometer, the roads about a 300m from my apartment are like village mud paths with very uneven surfaces, rocks etc. etc. Given that the car has to go through this daily, I think the tyres do need a earlier change!
What's the opinion about upsizing Innova tyres on the original steel rims (no alloys)? I was thinking of Yokohama Earth-1, as these tyres seem to be getting good reviews on this forum. However, would the upsize to 225/60/R15 be OK on original rims?
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:47   #246
BHPian

Quick update - I got Yokohama Earth-1 from Sai Iyengar, Indiranager (Ahswin's store). Ashwin recommended not to upsize on the original steel wheels, so we decided on the stock 205/65/R15 size. I feel that the ride feels smoother, but it could be the psychological effect of getting new tyres!
Old 26th November 2014, 17:10   #247
BHPian

My innova is shod with Bridgestone B390.. Front tyres' surface is now uneven. So, tyre guy is recomending a a change. Which one to buy?

Main requirement is low noise and durable. Vehicle is subjected to all type of roads from expressway to village roads.

Please suggest..
Old 27th November 2014, 23:53   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Low noise = Michelin XM2.

Durable = Bridgestone B390.

Pick between these two.
Old 2nd December 2014, 21:13   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
Hi friends, can people who have 225/60/15 tyres installed in Innova throw light on the following aspects :
1. Steering effort vis-à-vis the OE 205/65/15 tyres
2. I have a rather un-comfortable experience in my other vehicles in which I had put wider rubber - I feel the vehicles have a tendency to sway violently to steering inputs due to the increased road contact and grip when compared to stock tyres. Is there any sort of difference in handling of the Innovas with wider rubber?

I would appreciate your inputs on this. Thank you in advance !!
1. Steering effort will be higher, I cannot put a number but gut says 20% or so more effort. Upside will be solid road feel at high speeds and significantly better grip

2. I do not feel any sway as the ride height is almost the same.

Exp : have used 2 of sets of 225/60 tires in my Innova for 90k kms and will stick to them in the next change that is coming up soon.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 11:12   #250
BHPian

Recently changed the tires on my Innova . The stock bridgestone b390 was completely worn out and over used. We used it for 70K Kms almost ,the tire surface was completely bald .

Venkateshwara Tyres at JC road offered a good price on B390 , but he insisted on trying falken avenziz pt722 . The dimensions are same as the stock B390 but Falken was costlier by 150 Rs. Although a bit skeptical , I decided to try it after the dealer gave me an unconditional warranty for 1L kms ( I still have my own doubts about the terms and conditions )

I was happy with the performance after a recent drive for 850 Kms .The tire has good grip on dry surface and very less road noise (filled nitrogen, does it have something to do with road grip and noise ? need expert advise here).

Has anyone else used the same tire ? Please share your experience

Has anyone used Bridgestone Cab Premium tyres ?

Last edited by girimajiananth : 10th December 2014 at 11:14.
Old 10th December 2014, 11:56   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Recently changed the tires on my Innova . The stock bridgestone b390 was completely worn out and over used. We used it for 70K Kms almost ,the tire surface was completely bald .

Venkateshwara Tyres at JC road offered a good price on B390 , but he insisted on trying falken avenziz pt722 . The dimensions are same as the stock B390 but Falken was costlier by 150 Rs. Although a bit skeptical , I decided to try it after the dealer gave me an unconditional warranty for 1L kms ( I still have my own doubts about the terms and conditions )

I was happy with the performance after a recent drive for 850 Kms .The tire has good grip on dry surface and very less road noise (filled nitrogen, does it have something to do with road grip and noise ? need expert advise here).

Has anyone else used the same tire ? Please share your experience

Has anyone used Bridgestone Cab Premium tyres ?
I have used them and are pretty ok , better than what I got as OE , though i bought then because they gave unconditional replacement warranty.
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:02   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
I have used them and are pretty ok , better than what I got as OE , though i bought then because they gave unconditional replacement warranty.

Thanks for the feedback. How much have you clocked with the falken ? How long did the OE tires last for ?
Old 15th December 2014, 12:43   #253
BHPian

120K i am already in my third set , 15K done on Flakens
Old 17th May 2015, 09:54   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I am feeling I will go for B390
@ parsh
My first Ladakh trip's coming up in June, 2015 (yes finally biting the bullet!). While the B390s have decent tread left in them (approx 22k run since Oct 2013), one rear tyre had developed a puncture on the way back from Kolkata to Dilli in January.
Our subsequent run: Dilli-Lucknow-Dilli was without incident.

I do not anticipate issues reaching Leh via Srinagar - given that roads are mostly good.

The part that worries me is Rohtang. I have heard road conditions can get pretty bad there. Considering Monsoons are going to be on time (chances of rain in Rohtang?) , do you think it's time to replace the set - purely from a safety perspective ?
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 11:09   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
@ parsh
My first Ladakh trip's coming up in June, 2015 (yes finally biting the bullet!). While the B390s have decent tread left in them (approx 22k run since Oct 2013), one rear tyre had developed a puncture on the way back from Kolkata to Dilli in January.
Our subsequent run: Dilli-Lucknow-Dilli was without incident.

I do not anticipate issues reaching Leh via Srinagar - given that roads are mostly good.

The part that worries me is Rohtang. I have heard road conditions can get pretty bad there. Considering Monsoons are going to be on time (chances of rain in Rohtang?) , do you think it's time to replace the set - purely from a safety perspective ?
Joy,

Best Wishes for the drive.

22k is too young with very good tread left on them. I think you are pretty well set on tyres. Don't worry too much about that single puncture. You shouldn't be worried on any routes out there. B390s are pretty good tyres that way.

Our other Innova had B390s about 60k run tyres with very little tread on them, less grippy, 2 punctures - one right out of Delhi and another at Patnitop and still nothing worrisome all throughout on all sorts of roads.

Just keep ready with puncture toolkit, tyre inflator, good condition of spare etc just in case.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks