Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 23:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The price which I got for Michelin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 was Rs.4,800. Considering this, 5k for XM1(+ or not) is pure fleecing. It seems you got the quotes at Universal Tyre House as you mentioned Prestige.

Michelin Primacy is one of the best tyres for the ANHC. Primacy LC has a dedicated thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...macy-lc-9.html

Moreover, Yokohama Decibel V550 is another good option in 195/60 R15.

The quote for Prestige alloys is too high, you get Konigs in 15" for about 17k. Even HRS, which is far better than Prestige is cheaper. For alloys (Konig, HR(HRS), Plati, Veloche etc.) and tyres in Delhi, I recommend BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar-1 (New Delhi).

HR (HRS) importers are Delhi based. Before zeroing down on the alloys, do check with them. They've the biggest collection in Delhi but don't deal in tyres or take your old rims back. Check their website Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India ; www.saimagwheels.com

For Lenso, check Just Wheels, Karol Bagh (Opposite Bikanervala).
Thanks a lot for that information. Will definitely check with BK tyres. These prices I quoted are Noida rates.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:25   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Thanks a lot for that information. Will definitely check with BK tyres. These prices I quoted are Noida rates.
Noida rates, still the difference is too much. Nikhilb2008 can calrify further on the prices of XM1 and Primacy.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Those thinking of getting 17 inchers on ANHC, check this:

Tyres are 215/40 R17 Dunlops.

Last edited by tsk13 : 25th April 2010 at 00:35.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:49   #109
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2010 at 14:15.
scorp 1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:03   #110
Team-BHP Support

hey guys, sorry but i kinda need an urgent answer so cant go through the thread. which tyres does the ANHC come with stock?
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:28   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

175/65 R15

Michelin XM1+
Goodyear GT3
MRF ZVTV.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:30   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
175/65 R15

Michelin XM1+
Goodyear GT3
MRF ZVTV.
ok thanks. so if changing to 195/60 r15 michelin would obviously get me the best exchange.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:13   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. But still dont expect much for it. This tyre size fits ONLY this car. Due to this reason, resale value is really bad!
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:57   #114
Senior - BHPian

Have been reading this thread and want the Gurus to comment is tyre/tire upgrade in ANHC really worth if you have XM1+ as stock?

The reason I ask is I have been used to Potenza GIIIs on my Swift, and although the mileage I got was rarely more than 11 and the ride was bone jarring.... but when I used to get to drive it at nights and throw it around it corners, it used to bring a smile on my face. Have been driving around Santro these days, and the drive on the same roads is sooooo boring, and uninspiring.

So that brings me to this question, given that I am pushing 30's, the boy racer is giving way to comfort, ease of mind, fuel economy, with boy racer taking a back seat. So I now want something thats best of both worlds. I certainly dont want to sacrifice FE but if the stock tires dont inspire confidence in throwing ANHC on corners at 80kmph than I should be thinking about upgrading....

The thing is after reading Gunas thread I think ANHC would suffer a significant mileage drop if I choose Continental CPC2 1400 after exchange per tyre for 195/60/15.
The other upsize I could think of was 185/60/15 but only Apollo accerler and Bridgestone are avaiable in that size. After reading through the forum I realize that Bridgestone is now outdated in the Indian scene, and I dont know how good Accelers are. But the 185 size would give me the ability to get best of both worlds, that is save on FE as well as get the dieing boy racer in me happy to an extent.

Which brings me to the question... what to do given my requirements:

1) Keep stock Michelins, ANHC would still hold line in corners like my Swift used to with 185/70/14 GIIIs

2) Upgrade to CPC2 195/60/15 and let FE go for a toss *under 10 if Guna is to be taken into account* big hole in pocket considering avg drive of 1500km per month

3) Best of both world, appollo or bridgestone with 185...
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:09   #115
BHPian

@Aseem, I have upgraded to Primacy LC 195/60/R15 and there is a huge difference. In City i feel more comfortable and at Highway i have taken it upto 140-150 speed and it was very stable.

For average everyone is saying there would be a drop of around .5 kmpl, which i think is ok, but take this, I have a Automatic ANHC and the average i am getting in faridabad's traffic is always >10 kmpl. Mind you in faridabad you can hardly drive in 5th gear and mostly shifting between 3rd and 4th gear in manuals.

I did a highway trip to fatehpur sikri (exact 375 km) out of which around 100 kms was on single road and traffic condition. I got an average of 16+kmpl (yup with automatic) the average speed on highway was 90-110.

One of my friend has upgraded his swift with same tyre with 15" alloys and then the other 2 friends who drives swift on stocks are also all praise for these tyres.

To me, (as i am also pushing 30's) they are giving comfort and when the boy racer is awake for some time, they serve him as well.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:21   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
@Aseem, I have upgraded to Primacy LC 195/60/R15 and there is a huge difference. In City i feel more comfortable and at Highway i have taken it upto 140-150 speed and it was very stable.

For average everyone is saying there would be a drop of around .5 kmpl, which i think is ok, but take this, I have a Automatic ANHC and the average i am getting in faridabad's traffic is always >10 kmpl. Mind you in faridabad you can hardly drive in 5th gear and mostly shifting between 3rd and 4th gear in manuals.

I did a highway trip to fatehpur sikri (exact 375 km) out of which around 100 kms was on single road and traffic condition. I got an average of 16+kmpl (yup with automatic) the average speed on highway was 90-110.

One of my friend has upgraded his swift with same tyre with 15" alloys and then the other 2 friends who drives swift on stocks are also all praise for these tyres.

To me, (as i am also pushing 30's) they are giving comfort and when the boy racer is awake for some time, they serve him as well.
Thanks for the prompt response bro... After reading through the forum I am of the opinion that CPC2 is a better tyre if u dont care about the noise. Which I really dont. I mean with dogs barking, cows mowing, horns honking, music playing, buses brakes screeching, lowries, tractors, elephants etc on our road, how the hell am I going to be bothered by tire noise is something that still beats me.
Unless there is an inherent mileage advantage with Michelins, as they market them as green tyres with low rolling resistance, I would opt for CPC2 if I upgrade. Your opinion appreciated on this, given that CPC2 is 600Rs cheaper per tyre. Also if you can ellaborate how good/bad are Michelin stock tyres?

Finally are you getting 10kmpl on MID display or via tankful to tankful method. Since I would most likely be driving under identical conditions?

I am considering AT myself, can you ellaborate any issues with AT, mileage tankful method, and if there is any lag. Does it feel slower compared to manual. How often do you use paddles... Your experience with AT so far and recommendation given I do 1500 km per month. What would you suggest, AT or MT. And City AT P vs Vento diesel? Your opinions greatly appreciated Cheers!

Last edited by aseem : 2nd September 2010 at 12:23.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Thanks for the prompt response bro... After reading through the forum I am of the opinion that CPC2 is a better tyre if u dont care about the noise. Which I really dont. I mean with dogs barking, cows mowing, horns honking, music playing, buses brakes screeching, lowries, tractors, elephants etc on our road, how the hell am I going to be bothered by tire noise is something that still beats me.
Unless there is an inherent mileage advantage with Michelins, as they market them as green tyres with low rolling resistance, I would opt for CPC2 if I upgrade. Your opinion appreciated on this, given that CPC2 is 600Rs cheaper per tyre.

Finally are you getting 10kmpl on MID display or via tankful to tankful method. Since I would most likely be driving under identical conditions?
You are damn right about tyre noise, I dont care about them either, I always drive with glass shut and listening to music.

I didnt got much information about CPC2 at the time of upgrade and Primacy LC's results were good all around the TBHP.

The MID always showing around 11.5kmpl , for the highway trip it showed 17.7 KMPL. I can already see big smiles on your face. Please add at least 1KMPL for manual ANHC to it
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:32   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have been reading this thread and want the Gurus to comment is tyre/tire upgrade in ANHC really worth if you have XM1+ as stock?
For the power that she has on tap, the ANHC is definitely under-tyred from the factory. 175 mm tyres don't cut it for a 116 BHP car. Ideally, you would upgrade to high quality 185 / 195 tyres. Retain the 15 inch wheel size so that there is no discernible drop in ride quality.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:40   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering AT myself, can you ellaborate any issues with AT, mileage tankful method, and if there is any lag. Does it feel slower compared to manual. How often do you use paddles... Your experience with AT so far and recommendation given I do 1500 km per month. What would you suggest, AT or MT. And City AT P vs Vento diesel? Your opinions greatly appreciated Cheers!
Opps, I missed above paragraph, here is the reply to it.

Mine is 6months old and i havent find any single issue, rather i am getting more used to it as now i understand it better.

For first 3-4 months i used all possible modes like D, S, then paddleshifts with D and then at least for a week i drove in S mode using shifters only.

If one only drives in D mode then it might feel slower as the upgear shifts happens at normally at 2500RPM and even if you accelerate harder it upshift at 3500RPM. But then you can use paddleshift to downshift and feel the difference.

For the boy racer start with 'S' mode and there you go. I have done that in 2nd gear and only after speed of 85 it redlined and upshifted. In 3rd gear till 120 it didnt redlined and finally i upshifted manually.

On highway if you want to overtake and that's too in zooooooooommmm style then this is the one

Now a days i am driving it in my natural way which is 90-95% relaxed and only 5-10% racing. In this mode i normally downshift before hand if i feel i have to slowdown. As all have noticed when slowing down it doesn't downshift to 2nd gear from 3rd, rather directly goes to 1st gear. That's why i downshift to 2nd gear using shifters. Also sometime i use my experience of manual cars for upshifting. In this mode I am getting average of >10KMPL consistently.

There is a member (sorry i forget his name), who is driving A/T from Noida to Gurgaon daily using 'S' mode and shifters and consistently getting an average of 14kmpl.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 3rd September 2010 at 11:45.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:22   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For the power that she has on tap, the ANHC is definitely under-tyred from the factory. 175 mm tyres don't cut it for a 116 BHP car. Ideally, you would upgrade to high quality 185 / 195 tyres. Retain the 15 inch wheel size so that there is no discernible drop in ride quality.
Can anyone suggest where can one get 185/55R16 tyres in Hyderabad. This is the one used for the higher SV variant in Thailand, while the other variants are fitted with 175/65R15 same as Indian variants.

The %variation with 185/55R16 is 0.23% slow, while for 195/60R15 is 1.07% slow. Hence looking for 185/55R16 even though this includes changing the existing 15" alloy or can the same 15" alloy be fitted with 185/55R16 tyre size?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks