Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 20:50   #481
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Keep a spare from your current 215/60 R16 size - that will work just fine with speed limited upto 80kmph. The 215/65 R16 tyres also fit in the spare tyre wheel well but they are a tight fit and slightly raise the boot floor by 1 inch. With the 215/60 R16 tyre the boot floor sits normally.
6800 is a good price if you are able to get it at that. Do confirm that the tyres are not older than 9 months and have been kept properly.
Thanks, chief! Will keep that in mind. Meanwhile, I still had the doubt around differential tyre profiles once the spare 215/60/R16 comes into play. Won't the car "sit" lower on the spare when the others are 65 profile?

And am checking the Wildpeaks tomorrow. In case there is some issue with them, as an alternative would the Falken Azenis PT722 be an okay replacement? Any views on this 215/60/R16 Falken? Thanks!
soul-on-4wheels is offline  
Old 1st June 2018, 21:01   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,672
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Thanks, chief! Will keep that in mind. Meanwhile, I still had the doubt around differential tyre profiles once the spare 215/60/R16 comes into play. Won't the car "sit" lower on the spare when the others are 65 profile?

And am checking the Wildpeaks tomorrow. In case there is some issue with them, as an alternative would the Falken Azenis PT722 be an okay replacement? Any views on this 215/60/R16 Falken? Thanks!
Don't worry the difference between spare and new tyres will be manageable. In fact in most new cars the spare wheel is a smaller "space saver" tyre which is smaller than the main tyres and this is why they are speed limited to 80kmph. In my entire 1 lakh kms of Yeti usage, never once did I use the spare. Whenever I had a puncture , I would inflate it with a tyre inflator and take it to the closest puncture repair place. This worked fine with me and I carried the spare only for peace of mind in long drives.

I would suggest the Wildpeaks only as the Azenis are car tyres and not really ideal for the Yeti.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 14:56   #483
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Update - the dealer who thought he had the Wildpeaks H/T finally realized on Saturday morning that those were A/Ts! I wasn't interested in them. He has requested me to wait for a couple of weeks for the Falken Wildpeak HT01 215/65/R16. In the meanwhile, he has offered the Michelin Primacy 3ST in stock size (expensive) and the Yokohamas - Earth One and Blue Earth. So, still in the search mode for the Wildpeaks!
soul-on-4wheels is offline  
Old 4th June 2018, 18:38   #484
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Update - the dealer who thought he had the Wildpeaks H/T finally realized on Saturday morning that those were A/Ts! I wasn't interested in them. He has requested me to wait for a couple of weeks for the Falken Wildpeak HT01 215/65/R16.
Try acme tyre goregaon. I bought Wildpeaks H/T from Acme a couple of years back for my yeti.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 13:28   #485
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks @sagpatel! But no luck with them either. Now, Sumanth (@sumzup) shared a Falken rep's number. Spoke to him and he has promised to let me know from where I can source the Wildpeaks from here in Mumbai. Will keep the team posted.

Cheers!
Siju
soul-on-4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 11:28   #486
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Thanks @sagpatel! But no luck with them either. Now, Sumanth (@sumzup) shared a Falken rep's number. Spoke to him and he has promised to let me know from where I can source the Wildpeaks from here in Mumbai. Will keep the team posted.

Cheers!
Siju
Did you manage to source Falkens from anywhere in Mumbai?
sagpatel is offline  
Old 28th July 2018, 16:54   #487
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Did you manage to source Falkens from anywhere in Mumbai?
Have touched base with Pristine Tyres in Pune who has stock of the 215s. Haven't been able to make that trip to get them replaced. Probably by the middle of August.
soul-on-4wheels is offline  
Old 28th July 2018, 22:47   #488
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Have touched base with Pristine Tyres in Pune who has stock of the 215s. Haven't been able to make that trip to get them replaced. Probably by the middle of August.

I called acme tyres today. He said he can source them in one day. I am also planning to change my tyres as the current set of falkens has already clocked more than 50k.
sagpatel is offline  
Old 29th July 2018, 12:26   #489
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I called acme tyres today. He said he can source them in one day. I am also planning to change my tyres as the current set of falkens has already clocked more than 50k.
That's great! How much is he quoting?
soul-on-4wheels is offline  
Old 29th July 2018, 13:19   #490
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
That's great! How much is he quoting?
He is quoting Rs.7450 per piece.
What other options do we have for 215/65 R16 in similar price range. Comfort if my first priority.
sagpatel is offline  
Old 29th July 2018, 23:13   #491
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
He is quoting Rs.7450 per piece.
What other options do we have for 215/65 R16 in similar price range. Comfort if my first priority.
That is a very good price! I wonder what batch of manufacturing it is. Pristine Tyres reckons that the current price would be around 10K. Guess the Michelins come around at that price or maybe trifle cheaper but have been given to understand that the tire walls are softer than the Falken Wildpeaks.
soul-on-4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:58   #492
BHPian
 
sumzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
He is quoting Rs.7450 per piece.
What other options do we have for 215/65 R16 in similar price range. Comfort if my first priority.
Hey Sag, looks like the price has gone up to what they were couple of years back. You can look at MRF Wanderers, Michelin Primacy LT(or LC), there is Conti, and Vredestein (a Netherlands based brand owned by Apollo tyres). They all sell around 8.5k to 10.5k. I have personally used Vredestein and it gave me a life of 40k. The current Falkens ran about 45kms and were replaced recently by MRF Wanderer Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
That is a very good price! I wonder what batch of manufacturing it is. Pristine Tyres reckons that the current price would be around 10K. Guess the Michelins come around at that price or maybe trifle cheaper but have been given to understand that the tire walls are softer than the Falken Wildpeaks.
The tire-walls of Michelin tires are better now that they are specifically manufactured for our markets. Their performance is quite good too with the mileage being around 40-48kms depending on the type of usage and maintenance. My initial impression of MRF, after driving for about 1200km, has been quite good and the ride has been much supple and much quieter compared to the Falken. So I guess, to me, it is a good change. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 12:11   #493
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hey Sag, looks like the price has gone up to what they were couple of years back. You can look at MRF Wanderers, Michelin Primacy LT(or LC), there is Conti, and Vredestein (a Netherlands based brand owned by Apollo tyres). They all sell around 8.5k to 10.5k. I have personally used Vredestein and it gave me a life of 40k. The current Falkens ran about 45kms and were replaced recently by MRF Wanderer Sport.

Cheers
I will have a look at MRFs. Just checked online on amazon they are available for Rs 7150. I will check with dealers too.
https://www.amazon.in/MRF-WANDERER-S...rb_top?ie=UTF8
sagpatel is offline  
Old 4th August 2018, 13:38   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,672
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default

If comfort and noiselessness is your top priority, you should go for Michelin Primacy SUV tyres. They are slightly more expensive but fully worth it.
Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65 R16 102H Tubeless Car Tyre https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01JGDHGAI/..._D6vzBb857F964

You can also check out Yokohama Earth1 tyres which are available In the stock size.
Yokohama Earth-1- 215/60 R16 95H Tubeless Car Tyre(Home Delivery) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07C1YKPFB/..._m8vzBb8734EC4

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th August 2018 at 13:42.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 23:27   #495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I will have a look at MRFs. Just checked online on amazon they are available for Rs 7150. I will check with dealers too.
https://www.amazon.in/MRF-WANDERER-S...rb_top?ie=UTF8
Hi buddy, what did you finally settle at as shoes for your Yeti? Am yet to do the replacement as got caught up in a whirlwind of work!
soul-on-4wheels is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks