Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 20:50   #481
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Keep a spare from your current 215/60 R16 size - that will work just fine with speed limited upto 80kmph. The 215/65 R16 tyres also fit in the spare tyre wheel well but they are a tight fit and slightly raise the boot floor by 1 inch. With the 215/60 R16 tyre the boot floor sits normally.
6800 is a good price if you are able to get it at that. Do confirm that the tyres are not older than 9 months and have been kept properly.
Thanks, chief! Will keep that in mind. Meanwhile, I still had the doubt around differential tyre profiles once the spare 215/60/R16 comes into play. Won't the car "sit" lower on the spare when the others are 65 profile?

And am checking the Wildpeaks tomorrow. In case there is some issue with them, as an alternative would the Falken Azenis PT722 be an okay replacement? Any views on this 215/60/R16 Falken? Thanks!
Old 1st June 2018, 21:01   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Thanks, chief! Will keep that in mind. Meanwhile, I still had the doubt around differential tyre profiles once the spare 215/60/R16 comes into play. Won't the car "sit" lower on the spare when the others are 65 profile?

And am checking the Wildpeaks tomorrow. In case there is some issue with them, as an alternative would the Falken Azenis PT722 be an okay replacement? Any views on this 215/60/R16 Falken? Thanks!
Don't worry the difference between spare and new tyres will be manageable. In fact in most new cars the spare wheel is a smaller "space saver" tyre which is smaller than the main tyres and this is why they are speed limited to 80kmph. In my entire 1 lakh kms of Yeti usage, never once did I use the spare. Whenever I had a puncture , I would inflate it with a tyre inflator and take it to the closest puncture repair place. This worked fine with me and I carried the spare only for peace of mind in long drives.

I would suggest the Wildpeaks only as the Azenis are car tyres and not really ideal for the Yeti.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 14:56   #483
BHPian

Update - the dealer who thought he had the Wildpeaks H/T finally realized on Saturday morning that those were A/Ts! I wasn't interested in them. He has requested me to wait for a couple of weeks for the Falken Wildpeak HT01 215/65/R16. In the meanwhile, he has offered the Michelin Primacy 3ST in stock size (expensive) and the Yokohamas - Earth One and Blue Earth. So, still in the search mode for the Wildpeaks!
Old 4th June 2018, 18:38   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Update - the dealer who thought he had the Wildpeaks H/T finally realized on Saturday morning that those were A/Ts! I wasn't interested in them. He has requested me to wait for a couple of weeks for the Falken Wildpeak HT01 215/65/R16.
Try acme tyre goregaon. I bought Wildpeaks H/T from Acme a couple of years back for my yeti.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 13:28   #485
BHPian

Thanks @sagpatel! But no luck with them either. Now, Sumanth (@sumzup) shared a Falken rep's number. Spoke to him and he has promised to let me know from where I can source the Wildpeaks from here in Mumbai. Will keep the team posted.

Cheers!
Siju
soul-on-4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 11:28   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @sagpatel! But no luck with them either. Now, Sumanth (@sumzup) shared a Falken rep's number. Spoke to him and he has promised to let me know from where I can source the Wildpeaks from here in Mumbai. Will keep the team posted.

Cheers!
Siju
Did you manage to source Falkens from anywhere in Mumbai?
Old 28th July 2018, 16:54   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Did you manage to source Falkens from anywhere in Mumbai?
Have touched base with Pristine Tyres in Pune who has stock of the 215s. Haven't been able to make that trip to get them replaced. Probably by the middle of August.
Old 28th July 2018, 22:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Have touched base with Pristine Tyres in Pune who has stock of the 215s. Haven't been able to make that trip to get them replaced. Probably by the middle of August.

I called acme tyres today. He said he can source them in one day. I am also planning to change my tyres as the current set of falkens has already clocked more than 50k.
Old 29th July 2018, 12:26   #489
BHPian

Quote:
I called acme tyres today. He said he can source them in one day. I am also planning to change my tyres as the current set of falkens has already clocked more than 50k.
That's great! How much is he quoting?
Old 29th July 2018, 13:19   #490
BHPian

Quote:
That's great! How much is he quoting?
He is quoting Rs.7450 per piece.
What other options do we have for 215/65 R16 in similar price range. Comfort if my first priority.
Old 29th July 2018, 23:13   #491
BHPian

Quote:
What other options do we have for 215/65 R16 in similar price range. Comfort if my first priority.
That is a very good price! I wonder what batch of manufacturing it is. Pristine Tyres reckons that the current price would be around 10K. Guess the Michelins come around at that price or maybe trifle cheaper but have been given to understand that the tire walls are softer than the Falken Wildpeaks.
soul-on-4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:58   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sag, looks like the price has gone up to what they were couple of years back. You can look at MRF Wanderers, Michelin Primacy LT(or LC), there is Conti, and Vredestein (a Netherlands based brand owned by Apollo tyres). They all sell around 8.5k to 10.5k. I have personally used Vredestein and it gave me a life of 40k. The current Falkens ran about 45kms and were replaced recently by MRF Wanderer Sport.

Quote:
That is a very good price! I wonder what batch of manufacturing it is. Pristine Tyres reckons that the current price would be around 10K. Guess the Michelins come around at that price or maybe trifle cheaper but have been given to understand that the tire walls are softer than the Falken Wildpeaks.
The tire-walls of Michelin tires are better now that they are specifically manufactured for our markets. Their performance is quite good too with the mileage being around 40-48kms depending on the type of usage and maintenance. My initial impression of MRF, after driving for about 1200km, has been quite good and the ride has been much supple and much quieter compared to the Falken. So I guess, to me, it is a good change. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 12:11   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hey Sag, looks like the price has gone up to what they were couple of years back. You can look at MRF Wanderers, Michelin Primacy LT(or LC), there is Conti, and Vredestein (a Netherlands based brand owned by Apollo tyres). They all sell around 8.5k to 10.5k. I have personally used Vredestein and it gave me a life of 40k. The current Falkens ran about 45kms and were replaced recently by MRF Wanderer Sport.

Cheers
I will have a look at MRFs. Just checked online on amazon they are available for Rs 7150. I will check with dealers too.
https://www.amazon.in/MRF-WANDERER-S...rb_top?ie=UTF8
Old 4th August 2018, 13:38   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

If comfort and noiselessness is your top priority, you should go for Michelin Primacy SUV tyres. They are slightly more expensive but fully worth it.
Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65 R16 102H Tubeless Car Tyre https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01JGDHGAI/..._D6vzBb857F964

You can also check out Yokohama Earth1 tyres which are available In the stock size.
Yokohama Earth-1- 215/60 R16 95H Tubeless Car Tyre(Home Delivery) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07C1YKPFB/..._m8vzBb8734EC4

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th August 2018 at 13:42.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 23:27   #495
BHPian

Quote:
I will have a look at MRFs. Just checked online on amazon they are available for Rs 7150. I will check with dealers too.
https://www.amazon.in/MRF-WANDERER-S...rb_top?ie=UTF8
Hi buddy, what did you finally settle at as shoes for your Yeti? Am yet to do the replacement as got caught up in a whirlwind of work!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks