Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 20:21   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I am on a slow connection and not able to see the images, but when there is Michelin, why even look for options?
It has lasted my Bihar roads & construction sites admirably well. And they are simply the best amongst the options I see.

You love your Yeti so much (like all of us) and this would be the best gift to you & your car. Have faith
Old 29th November 2015, 21:41   #362
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am on a slow connection and not able to see the images, but when there is Michelin, why even look for options?
It has lasted my Bihar roads & construction sites admirably well. And they are simply the best amongst the options I see.

You love your Yeti so much (like all of us) and this would be the best gift to you & your car. Have faith
So take a look at these tyres which I ve found...
which ones should I choose given my requirement brief?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151129-21.22.49.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151129-21.24.35.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151129-21.34.31.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151129-21.35.39.png  

Old 29th November 2015, 22:38   #363
Team-BHP Support

I really have no experience with Bridgestone with my Yeti, though the Duelers are coming as OE in my 4WD S10.

I had got Latitude Tour HP's in 215/65 R16. Had paid 12k per tire then.

Didn't go for them again (& chose Geolander AT) because it was readily available, Michelin was not (then) . But given a choice, will pick Michelin again.

Have no experience of Falken or Pirelli (apart from 2 wheels)
Old 30th November 2015, 06:45   #364
BANNED

What about these tyres from Yokohama?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151130-06.43.46.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151130-06.44.02.png  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151130-06.46.44.png  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th November 2015 at 06:47. Reason: more pics
Old 30th November 2015, 11:00   #365
Team-BHP Support

Yoko A348 is an old design, meant for cars if I'm not mistaken. Bridgestone Turanzas are also not meant for SUVs and will not be as tough as other ones mentioned here.

Michelin is tried and tested, and if looking for a more VFM option then Falken is the one to go for.
Old 30th November 2015, 15:03   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yoko A348 is an old design, meant for cars if I'm not mistaken. Bridgestone Turanzas are also not meant for SUVs and will not be as tough as other ones mentioned here.

Michelin is tried and tested, and if looking for a more VFM option then Falken is the one to go for.
What about the Series 65 G012? 98H.
Those look like more SUV-ish tyres!
Do take a look at the pic I posted
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151130-06.43.46.png  

Old 1st December 2015, 07:59   #367
Team-BHP Support

I am using the same tires. Good tires, more off road biased. A bit of road noise but comfortable tires.
Old 1st December 2015, 09:19   #368
BANNED

Im still taking time to research more.
Snap deal certainly seems to have lots of choice.
Im going to check changemytyre.com too...

And Im going to wander about the Physical Tyre stores to decide finally.
For the moment, I m keen to see more feedback about the MRF's, the Apollo's, the Michelins and the Yokos. Fallen Wildpeak is there in my head but I am not completely sure.
Whatever I buy needs to give me peace of mind for another 4 years.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:21   #369
BANNED

@sheel, behemoth, akshay and anyone else...

Please tell me which tyre you would choose from amongst the three brands indicated in the attachment and please tell me why specifically.
I really want to do the right thing for my Yeti and would value your help.

In order to get these choices I typed in Audi Q3 and vehicle make. The same choices appear if I type in Duster.
But for Skoda Yeti I typically seem to be getting those normal road going tyres which I don't really want. I do want something tougher and which can handle different types of rough ish terrain (Bangalore roads) and I want the tyres to be long lasting and give a comfortable ride as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20151202-18.19.43.png  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 2nd December 2015 at 18:23.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:55   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
@sheel, behemoth, akshay and anyone else...

Please tell me which tyre you would choose from amongst the three brands indicated in the attachment and please tell me why specifically.
I really want to do the right thing for my Yeti and would value your help.

In order to get these choices I typed in Audi Q3 and vehicle make. The same choices appear if I type in Duster.
But for Skoda Yeti I typically seem to be getting those normal road going tyres which I don't really want. I do want something tougher and which can handle different types of rough ish terrain (Bangalore roads) and I want the tyres to be long lasting and give a comfortable ride as well.
Long lasting and comfort don't really go together. If 30-35k kms in enough to classify it as long lasting then yes, you can get a comfortable tyre. But don't expect 40-50k out of them.

Lets leave out the road going tyres like Turanzas, and Pirelli P7s, etc.

The best choice by far is Michelin in terms of comfort, silence, grip and braking. Every one here who had the Michelins didn't have a complaint. We associate Michelins with soft sidewalls because of a few tyres years ago like the Primacy LC which were comfortable but had thin/soft sidewalls which kept tearing or bubbling. Those are long gone. So I would suggest you no longer associate Michelin with soft sidewalls or weak tyres.

So the number one is Michelin overall. I haven't used the other tyres here, but the Falkens I have now seem to be 90% of the Michelins at a much lower price.

If budget permits the Michelin is the one to go for, if not the Falkens.

Both will provide you with durability for Bangalore roads and much more, while proving you comfort and silence at the same time.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:28   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

So the number one is Michelin overall. I haven't used the other tyres here, but the Falkens I have now seem to be 90% of the Michelins at a much lower price.

If budget permits the Michelin is the one to go for, if not the Falkens.

Both will provide you with durability for Bangalore roads and much more, while proving you comfort and silence at the same time.
Completely agree with Akshay on this. If budget is not a constraint go for the Michelins eyes closed. If you are looking for tyres on a budget, go for the Falken Wildpeak which will give you 90% of the comfort of the Michelins at 65% of the price (at least till the offer price lasts, after which it will be 90% of price)! I personally saw both tyres when I was getting mine changed and liked the stiffer sidewalls of the Falkens. I had lost my previous Yoko C drives to weak sidewalls hence want to be extra careful in this aspect. I would suggest that you take the plunge now while the value equation is good and ditch the Goodyears. Only when you change them will you realize what you have been missing in your Yeti! They will give you more comfort, less road Noise and more GC.
Only thing is that buy them from your local dealer with warranty for peace of mind and not online.

Last edited by Behemoth : 2nd December 2015 at 21:31.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:31   #372
BANNED

So it seems that neither of you two gents are with me in my attraction towards the Goodyear Wranglers and the MRF Wanderers and the CEAT CZARs!

I have appreciated your clarity and will most probably go the Falken Route. They also look nice and large. Yes, I agree that long lasting and comfort may not really co-exist. For me 30-35K Kms of normal usage is sufficient. It will take another 3 years at least for me to get there anyway.

Saying that, would you have any info at all on the three above named brands which Im kind of attracted towards?

Just for academic interest.
Old 3rd December 2015, 17:10   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
So it seems that neither of you two gents are with me in my attraction towards the Goodyear Wranglers and the MRF Wanderers and the CEAT CZARs!

I have appreciated your clarity and will most probably go the Falken Route. They also look nice and large. Yes, I agree that long lasting and comfort may not really co-exist. For me 30-35K Kms of normal usage is sufficient. It will take another 3 years at least for me to get there anyway.

Saying that, would you have any info at all on the three above named brands which Im kind of attracted towards?

Just for academic interest.
Agree with both Behemoth and Akshay. I have used below tyres so far and will give quick feedback on all of them

1. Yoko Geolander HT - 215/60/16 - This was imported tyre and was the perfect size. I changed this just after purchasing the car. It lasted 55k Kms. It was little stretched but it was good condition till 45k for sure. It was a good mix of Noise/Ride/Handling and Braking. I liked this tyre.

2. MRF Wanderer: 215/65/16: This was after yoko. It was silent when compared to yoko, but didn't inspire confidence at high speed. I got this one partly because it was cheap and partly because i wanted an upgrade in height of the car. I later changed this after running 5k kms.

3. Bridgestone Ecopia 100: 215/60/16: After I returned MRF, i just played safe and went back to stock size. This was the green tyre with improved mileage with less rolling resistance and yes it delivered on mileage, I noticed atleast 10% improvement in mileage. But then it was noisy. The most on all tyres i have used. It was long lasting too. After i upgraded my suspension to bilstein B6, i felt it became too noisy. Yes the suspension are stiff and noise was getting too much. I changed this tyre after 45k kms. But i feel it could have easily done 65-70 k, the way rubber was wearing.

4. Falken Wildpeak: 215/65/16: After a few member talked highly of falken, i gave it a try and i am loving it. I feel it's as good as Yoko (my first tyre), with superior grip and all. It's also silent, however with bilstein i still feel the noise.

i will rate all in following order

Yoko=falken>Bridgestone>MRF
abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:15   #374
BHPian

I have been using Michelins, Latitude Tours to be precise.
They have been excellent choice and though initially i was also apprehensive of the weak sidewall myth but be rest assured they are pretty durable tires.
ive crashed through a lot of bad roads but no cuts/bubble on the tires till now.
Used for 12k till now and will surely go again for these when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Agree with both Behemoth and Akshay. I have used below tyres so far and will give quick feedback on all of them

1. Yoko Geolander HT - 215/60/16 - This was imported tyre and was the perfect size. I changed this just after purchasing the car. It lasted 55k Kms. It was little stretched but it was good condition till 45k for sure. It was a good mix of Noise/Ride/Handling and Braking. I liked this tyre.

2. MRF Wanderer: 215/65/16: This was after yoko. It was silent when compared to yoko, but didn't inspire confidence at high speed. I got this one partly because it was cheap and partly because i wanted an upgrade in height of the car. I later changed this after running 5k kms.

3. Bridgestone Ecopia 100: 215/60/16: After I returned MRF, i just played safe and went back to stock size. This was the green tyre with improved mileage with less rolling resistance and yes it delivered on mileage, I noticed atleast 10% improvement in mileage. But then it was noisy. The most on all tyres i have used. It was long lasting too. After i upgraded my suspension to bilstein B6, i felt it became too noisy. Yes the suspension are stiff and noise was getting too much. I changed this tyre after 45k kms. But i feel it could have easily done 65-70 k, the way rubber was wearing.

4. Falken Wildpeak: 215/65/16: After a few member talked highly of falken, i gave it a try and i am loving it. I feel it's as good as Yoko (my first tyre), with superior grip and all. It's also silent, however with bilstein i still feel the noise.

i will rate all in following order

Yoko=falken>Bridgestone>MRF
fiorano88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:38   #375
BANNED

Thanks.
So I went across to my local Tyre place. Because I had a puncture in the rear left tyre and needed to get it fixed.

While that was happening I did some research with these blokes.

Here are the brands they offered me and the sizes and prices.

1. Michelin Latitude Tour HP 215/65/16 - MRP 10540. Special Rate 9805.
2. Pirelli Scorpion 215/65/16 - MRP 11445 Special Rate 9850
3. Falken Wildpeak HT01 215/65/16 MRP 9450 Special Rate 9000
4. Yokohama G012 215/65/16 MRP 8950 Special Rate 8500
5. Continental Cross Contact or 4x4 Contact 215/65/16 MRP 10230 Special Rate 9800
6.Apollo Hawkz 215/65/16 MRP 10100 Special Rate 9400.

Of these 6 Brands;

1. I am extremely enamoured by this Continental Cross Contact / 4x4 Contact and the Yokohama G012 which are for me, the contenders for First Place - mostly on account of the pictures I ve seen and the tread pattern etc.
2. The second one that I like a lot is the Falken Wildpeak from all that I have heard from all of you
3. The third that I like a lot is the Pirelli Scorpion (which he had in stock and showed me)
4. I will place the Michelin last on the list from these above named.
5. I also saw the Bridgestones - but wasn't enamoured by the tread at all.

I saw the 215/65/16 up next to the 215/60/16 and can clearly see the size difference in terms of the height.
I wonder if it is at all sensible to hunt for 225/65/16 - just on account of the width. But I don't want to foul the arches while turning and give up on my lovely turning radius.

What do you gentlemen say?
Do share your thoughts on my preferences as outlined above!

Thanks

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd December 2015 at 18:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks