Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 18:51   #271
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I finally decided on Falken - Azenis PT722 - 215/60 R16 (95V)

Had a pirelli before which offered a more softer ride. The Falken is quite ok and not very hard. However, it seems to corner better and overall ride seems quite well balanced. The tyres are more silent than Pirelli. I'm hoping the Falken will last more than Pirelli.

The set of 4 tyres is available for less than Rs.27k/-.

Last edited by contessa : 17th May 2015 at 18:52.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:28   #272
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I need some help on my tire which is losing air constantly due to some small thorn holes. This occurred during my drive in February and had to go through a shrubby stretch. I have heard of some type of puncture sealant that could be poured into the tire. Please give me your advice on this. Thanks in Advance
Old 19th May 2015, 16:11   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hello Friends,

I need some help on my tire which is losing air constantly due to some small thorn holes. This occurred during my drive in February and had to go through a shrubby stretch. I have heard of some type of puncture sealant that could be poured into the tire. Please give me your advice on this. Thanks in Advance
Firstly, please make sure that the tyre is not punctured or damaged anywhere (including valve cap). Just driving over shrubs or thorns shouldn't damage the tyre at all!

As for the sealant, most tyre shops that repair tubeless tyres should be able to help you out on that provided they can find the source of the leakage.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:11   #274
BHPian

Finally went for the Falken Wildpeaks HT/01 in 215/65R16. Ordered them through Snapdeal as all other dealers I spoke to in Bangalore offered me tyres from 2013 batch, whereas the seller on Snapdeal is offering me from 2015 batch. The tyres are in transit now, will update once the new shoes are on. Any idea on the UTQG ratings for Wildpeaks as I could not find that info but remember someone telling me that its 600, please confirm.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:45   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Finally went for the Falken Wildpeaks HT/01 in 215/65R16. Ordered them through Snapdeal as all other dealers I spoke to in Bangalore offered me tyres from 2013 batch, whereas the seller on Snapdeal is offering me from 2015 batch. The tyres are in transit now, will update once the new shoes are on. Any idea on the UTQG ratings for Wildpeaks as I could not find that info but remember someone telling me that its 600, please confirm.
I think it should be 600 A B for the Falken Wildpeak HT 01 , as this website mentions: http://www.discounttirezone.com/FALK...9S_p_6619.html
They don't have the details for the 215/65 R 16 Size, but my guess is it should be same.

The Falken Website also mentions 600 A B , but the 215/65 R16 size is not there on the site (could be country specific)

http://www.falkentire.com/tires/truc...dpeak-h/t-tire

600 should be good in terms of lifeclass and should deliver around 50K kms in the Indian Cycle on a Yeti.
Do let us know your feedback after the changeover.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd May 2015 at 11:54.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:38   #276

Hello Friends,

I was wondering if tyre weight should be considered while we upgrade the size.

For instance the Goodyear Excellence stock tyre's weight is 10.7 Kg per unit while Michelin Latitude Tour HP for 215/65 is 12.3 Kg per unit. Pirelli's Scorpion STR 215/65 is 11.4 Kg, while I was not able to search for Falken Wildpeak H-T 215/65, I did manage to find out weight of 215/70 which is 12.5 Kg (assuming 215/65 will be bit lighter will be almost the same as Michelins.)

What do you say folks? Should I even care for this aspect? Is adding a weight of 1.5 Kg per tyre than the stock one even considerable weight? Will Pirelli's fair better as are just 800Gms heavier than the stock which is half of Michelins and Falkens?

Thanks as always! Cheers!
Old 25th May 2015, 16:23   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisarg80 View Post
Hello Friends,

I was wondering if tyre weight should be considered while we upgrade the size.

For instance the Goodyear Excellence stock tyre's weight is 10.7 Kg per unit while Michelin Latitude Tour HP for 215/65 is 12.3 Kg per unit. Pirelli's Scorpion STR 215/65 is 11.4 kg

Thanks as always! Cheers!
Not really a cause of big concern as when the tyre is on the rim and filled with air, it weighs in excess of 25 kgs. A tyre weight difference of 1.5 kg on this scale would not create much issue.

Last edited by Behemoth : 25th May 2015 at 16:28.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 17:41   #278

Quote:
Hey that's great, do let us know your feedback after the first drive how does the tyre and upsize feel on your dear Yeti.

I also did some research and believe that UTQG for these ones should be 600 AB!

Cheers!
Old 26th May 2015, 15:34   #279

Hello Friends,

Requesting all who have put on 215/65 R16 on their Yeti to post a few pics, just so everyone else who is a little baffled with the question get some confidence and visual appeal of the vehicle.

I dont think we have had such pics on the thread, do we?

Thanks as always!
Old 27th May 2015, 14:37   #280
BHPian

Received the tyres wthin 5 days as they were shipped from Delhi to Blr. I had ordered for 5 tyres (including spare, as spare size was small originally and with me going for this upsize, the diff would be considerable). The tyres arrived in good condition and I confirmed that all tyres were from the 2015 batch (me Happy ). Took it today to the fitment center and got them on. The old tyres could be disposed for a measely 700 bucks, but then there was not much option. Have driven for 50 kms since then and I must say that the new tyres feels better. I will drive for some more time and update.

Thanks,
Sid
PS: Will upload the pic by weekend
Old 27th May 2015, 15:26   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisarg80 View Post
215/65 R16 on their Yeti to post a few pics
Have already posted pictures here

Guys should search, no..?

Btw, have worn out the set and have almost zeroed on the replacement as 215/65R16 Yokohama Geolander A/T.

Will post pics once done with it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 16:46   #282

Quote:
Received the tyres wthin 5 days as they were shipped from Delhi to Blr. I had ordered for 5 tyres (including spare, as spare size was small originally and with me going for this upsize, the diff would be considerable). The tyres arrived in good condition and I confirmed that all tyres were from the 2015 batch (me Happy ). Took it today to the fitment center and got them on. The old tyres could be disposed for a measely 700 bucks, but then there was not much option. Have driven for 50 kms since then and I must say that the new tyres feels better. I will drive for some more time and update.

Thanks,
Sid
PS: Will upload the pic by weekend
Great! Congratulations.

Does the spare fit into the space given for spare under the boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have already posted pictures here

Guys should search, no..?

Btw, have worn out the set and have almost zeroed on the replacement as 215/65R16 Yokohama Geolander A/T.

Will post pics once done with it.
Hey thanks, I now recollect these pics, my bad.

It would be interesting to know how did the Michelins perform and what's your rationale now, for choosing Geos.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2015 at 16:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:20   #283
BHPian

Friends, what I have understood from my readings at some internet sites is that 215/65 R16 would be above the variation prescribed for optimum performance. Also, would like to know what effect it has on the suspension.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Im wondering if I should just change my tyres and be done with it to enjoy a better ride! The cost is putting me off since the vehicle's current tyres have at least another year's life in them.
Hi Shankar, Hope you are doing fine. I finally made it to the forum and the euphoria has not waned yet (Sumanth from Bangalore). If I'm not mistaken, you have driven less than 40k, and IIRC in one of your earlier posts you have mentioned that the tire thread is still fine. Also, if I can safely assume, your per-day driving is less which could actually mean that you could stretch as long as the drive does not go bad to worse. Considering the fact that I changed my stock tires at 32k, you have managed better and the tires have performed well too.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th May 2015 at 12:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 7th June 2015, 10:43   #284

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I had posted this last summer but am reposting as this seems to be an ongoing topic of concern:

I finally took the plunge and bought the Michelin Latitude Tour HP tyres, upsized to 215/65R 16. I've just driven from Dharamshala to Leh via the Old Mughal Road (Jammu to Srinagar), and from Leh to Tsokhar, Tsomoriri, Hanle, Pangong, Nubra, back to Leh and then back to Dharamshala via Manali. It was a grueling drive, on long stretches of very bad road (and no road sometimes), and the tyres were up to the challenge. I didn't have to top up the air even once. The upsize had no impact on the drive. In fact, if anything, it improved it. And that extra 1" of clearance was really handy while driving on twin tracks with a raised, uneven central divider. All in all, very happy with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP tyres. Would never have tried to make this trip on the Goodyear Excellence tyres. And finally, the Yeti was superb in the high Himalayas!

Since then, I've driven Delhi to HP and back several times and have had no problems at all with the tyres. Recommend them highly.
Old 9th June 2015, 11:11   #285
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The damage was Rs. 12,000 X 4 = Rs. 48,000 (tried to bargain, but he didn't budge)

Bridgestone & Maxxis were pegged at ~ Rs. 9,000 per tyre. Nothing from Yokohama at the moment.
Almost 2 years and some 50-60k kilometers later, the latitude tour HP's gave away.

Very happy with Michelin and will recommend

But this time, we went with Yokohama Geolander AT. Cost was Rs. 33,000 with alignment & balancing. Michelin were Rs. 15,000 more expensive then, unsure of the cost now.

Yokohamas as of now are as silent as Michelin and ride/handling is the same, but I will provide more details after driving it a bit more.

Thanks

Full profile car tire photographs will be loaded after sometime, let the weather improve a bit
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150608_183524.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150608_180813.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks