Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 11:00   #361
BHPian

The pics are all random and clicked at different occasions.Rightly pointed by speedy, the Ponton and the Fintail were at the Mercedes - Benz plant, they had got em there on the day of innaugration of the new plant, the 230 SL being spotted at the Willingdon Club during one of our golf event's.It so happend that on the very same day the 24th Feb '08 there was a vintage car rally held i guess at Kala Ghoda,this guy drove to the golf course straight from the event,could make out from the stickers he had on the car and the other set of pics being spotted in prabhadevi outside Autohangar Showroom,it was the 1st Feb '09, these guys had flag poles on each car which read 'The Three Pointer's Club of India'.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:11   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The 170 pictured is Sameer Kadam's. Speedy's is a rag top (not convertible Speedy)
Sorry my bad. Ragtop it is.

A friend of mine owns a w123 300td stationwagon.

@ Jayd please do post pictures of the car. If i remember right there used to be a dark blue w124 station wagon in bombay.

Last edited by speedy : 10th June 2009 at 11:15.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:19   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi. What do you mean by AC assembly? Please specify the part you need and one can look.
Your 123T is in good shape. 123 Stationwagons were not so rare, at least 10 have pased through Bombay. One came with a Hyderabad registration and was lying off Marine Drive for a long time with engine removed. V 16 also had a white one lying in his area. Autohanger had 2, one is lying with a friend in Mumbai.
However, 124T's were much rarer.
Yes 123t's were not rare, But the ones with hydraulic rear suspension were!! And they were Fantastic to ride in. One Parsi owned car at Godrej colony Malabar hill was for sale 20 years back with the hydraulic rear a 300TD and was a car I regret having missed out. The Parsi Gentleman was fixed on the price, and for 25000 difference my dealer/advisor asked me to forget the car.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:07   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Bhai that is not my 170v. This is a hardtop mine is a convertible.
OOps the shadow on the roof looked like a ragtop so i thought it was yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice well used car.

There is a nice 280TE in Mumbai, also autohanger use one for customer service I understand. Bangalore has a maroon 230E
That silver 280TE belongs to my friend and may be for sale.

@Amol- she looks superb with whitewalls!!
Old 12th June 2009, 18:10   #365
BHPian

Mercs

Some of the cars owned by my uncle over the years.
1)1961/180
2)1964/190
3)1968/200
4)1968/250 S
Have posted the pics of a pair of 50's Chevrolets and a Landrover in the 'Nostalgic pictures of our family cars' thread.
Cheers,
SG
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-180.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-4.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-2.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-3.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-11.jpg  

sunilgee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2009, 22:54   #366
BHPian

here are few pics of a 60`s 190 LHD merc... what would be a decent price i could pay for this...papers and everything are clean.. oh they took out the headlight rings for chroming (so its missing in the pics)...here`s the car
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image322.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image320.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image317.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image315.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image314.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image313.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-image321.jpg  

Old 14th June 2009, 00:00   #367
BHPian

merc benz 1952 170v for sale

Hi this merc benz 170v all original has been restored few years back but hardly driven. it has all original meters and fittings. any body interested mail me at gp150and200@msn.com
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc00053.jpg  

Old 14th June 2009, 00:59   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrttacollect View Post
Hi this merc benz 170v all original has been restored few years back but hardly driven. it has all original meters and fittings. any body interested mail me at gp150and200@msn.com
Ohh, just look at those wheelcaps. I think this is a 1952 or so model with petrol engine, somewhere in the south?

Cheers harit
Old 14th June 2009, 10:14   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrttacollect View Post
is this car in bangalore and does it belong to mr lobo
Old 15th June 2009, 00:10   #370
Senior - BHPian

The wheel trims are from the W110 not from this car.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:45   #371
Senior - BHPian

About a Merc, and a TBHP Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
here are few pics of a 60`s 190 LHD merc... what would be a decent price i could pay for this...papers and everything are clean.. oh they took out the headlight rings for chroming (so its missing in the pics)...here`s the car
Calrock,

The car is overall in decent condition. Good find. I think you should pay upto 1 lakh for this.

Just a few observations:

1) The chrome strips and fog lamps beside the grill are aftermarket items, and mar the look of the car. The bonnet mounted rear-view mirrors are also aftermarket. Get these removed at the earliest.

2) The wheels are from the 230 upward models. The stock 190 came with simple 4-hole wheels. Your choice whether you want to stick with them (depends on the grade of originality you want).

3) The dashboard seems to be covered in some aftermarket faux/leather. Get it removed, unless it serves some particular purpose.

4) What is the strange looking box next to the driver's footwell?

Gogi Bhai, your comments awaited!

OT - Was in Amby Valley since Friday for an Office conference. Only 4 days I was away from TBHP, and missed it so much!
Old 16th June 2009, 11:01   #372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Car audio system.

Regards
Spitfire
Old 16th June 2009, 11:48   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Calrock,

The car is overall in decent condition. Good find. I think you should pay upto 1 lakh for this.

Just a few observations:

1) The chrome strips and fog lamps beside the grill are aftermarket items, and mar the look of the car. The bonnet mounted rear-view mirrors are also aftermarket. Get these removed at the earliest.

2) The wheels are from the 230 upward models. The stock 190 came with simple 4-hole wheels. Your choice whether you want to stick with them (depends on the grade of originality you want).

3) The dashboard seems to be covered in some aftermarket faux/leather. Get it removed, unless it serves some particular purpose.

Gogi Bhai, your comments awaited!

OT - Was in Amby Valley since Friday for an Office conference. Only 4 days I was away from TBHP, and missed it so much!
If you were in Amby Valley, you may have passed through Mumbai and we could have had an opportunity to meet.

On the value of this 190, 1L sound too cheap and it would have gone long ago. My guess is at least 1.5 L, but nearer to 2L. Remember, papers are complete. Whoever gets it, good luck!
Old 16th June 2009, 12:26   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
If you were in Amby Valley, you may have passed through Mumbai and we could have had an opportunity to meet.

On the value of this 190, 1L sound too cheap and it would have gone long ago. My guess is at least 1.5 L, but nearer to 2L. Remember, papers are complete. Whoever gets it, good luck!
Hi Harit,

I would have loved to meet you, but I did not have your contact no. Besides, bad travel planning is also to blame. My flights to and from Mumbai were booked too close to the bus timings to and from Amby Valley. As a result, it was a mad rush from the ariport to the waiting bus (and vice versa) both times.

But anyway, I'm honoured to receive your invite. I do travel to Mumbai frequently, and will definitely schedule the next visit with some spare time at hand so I can meet you. Please PM me your number.

Coming back to the car price, its just my personal estimate. You remember the two Heckflosses Ritayan put up for sale on the Kolkata thread? They were going for 3L for both, and both of them had papers (contrary to what some others claimed). The 200 was also in better original condition (more dusty though) than Calrock's car. If I had to pay 1.5L for the 200, I would not pay more than 1L for this car!

Its a different story that ultimately the owner refused to sell the 200 individually! He would sell both together, or none at all! Dunno whats the status on the cars now.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:47   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Calrock,

Just a few observations:

I think 1 lac is wishful thinking but who knows?

We have owned a 200 before, in my opinion if one is buying this particular car, its very important to note that the dashboard of the car should be clean and uncracked (V16's car has a beautiful dasboard). Whever the dashboard has been covered its obviously because there is a crack!
Rims for this car are easily available and so are the hubcaps and that should not stop one from picking up this model.

The most difficult thing to restore in this particular model I would say is the interiors, very difficult to get right as they were totally machine made at that point of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks