Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:28   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
saw 2 pontons on napeansea road yesterday. sorry no snap. parked out on the road, the lovelies looked out of place. one was in fairly good nick.the other needing restoration. whose it is?
Dear 53BHP,

I have been seeing the pontons for ages now. Yes, they are for sale. dont ask the price, the guy selling may ask for 50k just as commision. They are good cars. One is bombay registration other one is mysore.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:52   #482
BHPian

Real pity. they dont deserve to be road parked. Atleast sell to someone who can do some justice

how much is the ask btw? above or below a million rupees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Dear 53BHP,

I have been seeing the pontons for ages now. Yes, they are for sale. dont ask the price, the guy selling may ask for 50k just as commision. They are good cars. One is bombay registration other one is mysore.
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:08   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Dear 53BHP,

Why dont you take some pics and post them, I have never seen these cars before. What colour are they?
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:46   #484
Senior - BHPian

oh ok, thanks for correcting me v16 sir and star-man, are spares becoming difficult to source for the vintage mercs?

a few pics of a 180 ponton i spotted a while back:
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-300120082151.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-300120082156.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-300120082153.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-300120082154.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-300120082157.jpg  

Last edited by aadix : 22nd August 2009 at 15:59.
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:36   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
oh ok, thanks for correcting me v16 sir and star-man, are spares becoming difficult to source for the vintage mercs?

Wow this is really one virgin car, was it for sale? seems to be standing in some dealer yard. Even the seats are original and so are the door panels. Probably a early 57. This is a kind of car I would pick up right away. If that is i were looking for one.

Yes parts are not very difficult to source as Classic centre By MB willl sell you anything that your heart desires from a small nut, to an entire dashboard panel, but ofcourse for a price.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:09   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wow this is really one virgin car, was it for sale? seems to be standing in some dealer yard. Even the seats are original and so are the door panels. Probably a early 57. This is a kind of car I would pick up right away. If that is i were looking for one.
I think this same car was entered in a rally in Hyderabad, Feb 2008. BML regn

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc09.jpg
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:52   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I think this same car was entered in a rally in Hyderabad, Feb 2008. BML regn

Attachment 179017
To think ths car may have stood in the showroon with my car I think 8988 would be older than 4XXX?
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:08   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey no, it was at my painter's place, had come for a repaint and minor interior works. pic is quite old, guess the end result is the pic posted by karlos.
Old 24th August 2009, 09:38   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To think ths car may have stood in the showroon with my car I think 8988 would be older than 4XXX?
I would think 4XXX would be older than 8XXX no? Anyways, please post up the date of first registration for your cars in the registration number thread, that should hlep.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:27   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren4140 View Post
your car looks fantastic. Not seen many in this pristine condition.
Old 30th August 2009, 00:00   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Yes parts are not very difficult to source as Classic centre By MB willl sell you anything that your heart desires from a small nut, to an entire dashboard panel, but ofcourse for a price.

Well as said by mole you can get parts for any mercedes car but the problem is somethings you may get out side as new and the samethings you would get with MB classic centre for a much higher price.So it all depends on what you want and its availability.There is a 180 being restored by my father and the owner is importing parts for the car from many countries abroad depending on the availability.The other thing is how you want the car restored wheather restored to originality or just some how.It also has to suit the pocket of the owner
Old 1st September 2009, 15:31   #492
BHPian

Quote:

You must have taken these pics quite some time ago. There's a 10 storey building now standing where this garage was. I remember seeing her there too.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:57   #493
BHPian

Quote:

Most parts are available for any mercedes back to 1936 direct from mercedes themselves. With the Ponton Model it is very easy to get most mechanical parts direct from the mercedes Classic Center in Irvine California ,USA.
Mr Tom Hansen is the man to contact their when looking for any vintage Mercedes parts. parts for older ( pre 1936)models can usally be made to order . Things like major engine parts etc .($$$$$$$$$$$$ )
I find service from the classic center is about 3-4 days delivery to me here in Australia from America.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:45   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
There is a 180 being restored by my father and the owner is importing parts for the car from many countries abroad depending on the availability.The other thing is how you want the car restored wheather restored to originality or just some how.It also has to suit the pocket of the owner
I know the car you speak about, how about some pics, with prithvi's permission ofcourse He's not Team Bhp savy.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:02   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know the car you speak about, how about some pics, with prithvi's permission ofcourse He's not Team Bhp savy.

There are some pics uploaded on the other thread "calcutta restorer/collecter bumpu sircar".Well he is not a member but he keeps surfing here on Team Bhp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks