Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 18:29   #631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Ok i know EPS they only came much later anyway, but I always assumed all w108/9's came non assisted. Was it an option or came standard on certian models. I passed up on a car for this very reason and assumed the type never came with power steering.
It was an optional extra in 250-and 280 and in the 300sel, it was standard as was in the 280sel 6.9 (V8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Post the pictures afterwards, First Go and Pick up the car!! Bodyline etc are Very Good.
Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Thanks Sccoby,

Guys quick query ! I have seen pics of 108 where it has one single headlamp and also many pics with two round headlamps like in 111/112.

Which one is correct?
First tell me is this the same car? Looks extensively rusty to me but if this is the same car then i have good news for you, the lamps were there when the pics were sent to me a while ago. See the pics below and tell me if its the same car

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc-108-1.jpg
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc-108-2.jpg

Regarding the dual lamp lights, wherein the twin round sealed beams are exposed without any cover are American spec.

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-280sew108001.jpg
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-289_1.jpg

In some models one lamp was white and the other was yellow (Fog lamps) also was the case in some Euro spec countries.
The dual American spec lamps cost a huge packet but if i were buying new headlamps for the car, id spend that little (or more) extra and get the dual ones. They look killer.

Generally they had straight single cover lamps as in the pic below.

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-69108250se.jpg

Now go and get the car for God's sake and fast!!

Last edited by V-16 : 18th February 2010 at 18:40.
Old 19th February 2010, 00:05   #632
Senior - BHPian

The car shown by V16 is probably in Karnataka, maybe still in Bangalore, ex-Bombay car with tax pending. A disaster, and not the same car shown by Machdar.
Apparently the car shown by Machdar is a 280. Whether the steering is assisted, semi assisted, not assisted, taken from another V8 6.9 car, and whether the headlight is a single shell or twin round lights is sooooooooooooooooo unimportant as the colour of the shirt you wear when you take delivery. If the steering is not assisted, then hire an assistant.
Main importance is the presence of the petrol engine, and status of the books. If these are good, go and take it and stop wasting time. The more this car is talked about, I am tempted to get her for myself. I have 3 icon cars sourced from Goa, why not one more. Tomorrow (Saturday) I start working on this. You have been warned.

Cheers harit
Old 19th February 2010, 15:02   #633
Senior - BHPian

V16 the banggy car I think is in a worse off state now than your pics show(newer pics else where on tbhp), this one if recall is a company reg
Old 19th February 2010, 17:30   #634
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Been in and out of meetings (work seems to land up just when you are in the mood to do something else)!

Well V-16 the car is not the same. Mine is a goa regd and in a better shape. I will try and get the american spec headlamps once I get the car.

Thank you guys for pushing me. Well status is I am also planning to go look at it myself this weekend! Secondly have been delaying the trip as I am awaiting papers first. I have been promised proper pukka papers. Once I check it then will physically inspect and take delivery.

Cheers Guys have a great weekend
Old 19th February 2010, 17:33   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
The car shown by V16 is probably in Karnataka, maybe still in Bangalore, ex-Bombay car with tax pending. A disaster, and not the same car shown by Machdar.
Apparently the car shown by Machdar is a 280. Whether the steering is assisted, semi assisted, not assisted, taken from another V8 6.9 car, and whether the headlight is a single shell or twin round lights is sooooooooooooooooo unimportant as the colour of the shirt you wear when you take delivery. If the steering is not assisted, then hire an assistant.
Main importance is the presence of the petrol engine, and status of the books. If these are good, go and take it and stop wasting time. The more this car is talked about, I am tempted to get her for myself. I have 3 icon cars sourced from Goa, why not one more. Tomorrow (Saturday) I start working on this. You have been warned.

Cheers harit
Harit hire an assistant? Just wondering why?
Old 19th February 2010, 18:33   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Well V-16 the car is not the same. Mine is a goa regd and in a better shape. I will try and get the american spec headlamps once I get the car.

Thank you guys for pushing me. Well status is I am also planning to go look at it myself this weekend! Secondly have been delaying the trip as I am awaiting papers first. I have been promised proper pukka papers. Once I check it then will physically inspect and take delivery.
Sorry, I could not wait till Saturday. This is a 250S, is lying in your city registration GDS ???, was in a shed, now pushed out, engine is original, headlights should be with the owner, books are intact, upholstry is torn, dash complete but wood is a bit spoilt, wheelcaps were there, it is airconditioned with the larger compressor, price is reasonable, and owner has a foreign sounding name whom I could call just now, but won't, please give him my regards.
Sorry I could not resist this. But as I have enough, please go ahead. Anyways I have never snatched a car from anyone before.

Quote:
Harit hire an assistant? Just wondering why?
Sorry, you did not get my drift. There were too many posts talking about the steering and I tried to make a joke of them. The assistant to hire was meant to assist in the steering.

Goodluck and cheers
harit
Old 19th February 2010, 18:50   #637
BHPian

Harit my man,

Well to be honest I am yet to speak to the owner my friend who sent me the pics is the link in between. I am told its GDS and not sure of wheter its here or in Goa. Was promised the keys, papers and car this weekend. It is owned by a famous family of Goa (or that' s what I have been told).

I will safely assume you now know more than I do about this car! So tell me more..

Is 2.75 (that's what its stuck at as of now) reasonable? I hope you have not heard a better price?

And thanx

Last edited by Machdar : 19th February 2010 at 18:51. Reason: adding more lines
Old 20th February 2010, 00:14   #638
Senior - BHPian

Well Machdar, have you gone through the photo album of this Mercedes?. My friend Frederick Nororonha has informed me that this car might be at Loutolim. Is that correct?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 20th February 2010 at 00:18.
Old 20th February 2010, 14:37   #639
BHPian

Well Deutscheafrikar,

I have no clue if its in Loutolim but will surely get to know today!
Old 20th February 2010, 15:48   #640
BHPian

123/240 D/1984

123/240 D / 1984 Model, direct import to Kerala from Dubai in 1993,special order RHD, has done 180,000kms.Despite the mileage the car has been well maintained and does not show its age.

Cheers,
SG
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0069.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0071.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0073.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0075.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0085.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0086.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0088.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0083.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0084.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0077.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 15:53   #641
BHPian

Very Nice Car Sunilgee,

I also like your mats! Congrats
Old 20th February 2010, 15:58   #642
BHPian

123/240 D/1984

123/240 D / 1984 Model,midnight blue, direct import to Kerala from Dubai in 1993,special order RHD, has done 180,000kms.Despite the mileage the car has been well maintained and does not show its age.

Cheers,
SG
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0069.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0071.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0073.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0075.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0085.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0088.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0086.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0083.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0080.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dscf0084.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 16:04   #643
BHPian

Oops!!

Oops!! sorry for posting the message a second time, the pictures did'nt show in the preview the first time.

Cheers,
SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
123/240 D / 1984 Model,midnight blue, direct import to Kerala from Dubai in 1993,special order RHD, has done 180,000kms.Despite the mileage the car has been well maintained and does not show its age.

Cheers,
SG
Old 20th February 2010, 16:22   #644
Senior - BHPian

A classic mercedes in restoration in Bangalore.

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc06097.jpg

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc06098.jpg

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc06099.jpg
Old 20th February 2010, 16:32   #645
BHPian

That looks like a 112 S class predecessor to the 108. Nice pics. Where is bangalore is this getting restored? Do you know the owner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks