Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 10:33   #211
BHPian

re: Pics: Classic MG cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I would also update the other cars restored by him in the appropriate thread. He has restored 11cars in the past 2 years on his own and I think that is a record for many restorers/so called restorers. The quality is top notch and most cars are daily drivers. Even the MG PA is a daily driver. The owner drives the car for 25KMS a day, everyday even in the summers.

Regards

Indrojit Sircar
Sparky,

It's good that you're sharing this with our other members so the person's work is atleast shown

But all the things you have said about the no. of cars he's churned out, the quality etc. etc., I too know this. I go across to his workshop every now and then just to admire the work and the last time I went I fell in love with the RR on which he has commenced work. That's a stunner in any case and after the resto it'll be even more so.

Why, even for the Tolly display, where I couldn't make it sadly since I had planned to take adkol's Citroen (poor thing blew it's really old head gasket), the restorer offered to let me drive any of his cars to the display-now that is saying something!

Needless to say, I politely declined simply because I would be a nervous wreck to drive any of his superbly finished cars

Regards
Prithvi
Old 12th April 2012, 12:17   #212
Senior - BHPian

LOL...who is this mystery "restorer"
Old 12th April 2012, 12:19   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Sparky,

It's good that you're sharing this with our other members so the person's work is atleast shown

But all the things you have said about the no. of cars he's churned out, the quality etc. etc., I too know this. I go across to his workshop every now and then just to admire the work and the last time I went I fell in love with the RR on which he has commenced work. That's a stunner in any case and after the resto it'll be even more so.
Spot i am sure you would . That response was from my phone so the quote and un-quote got abit messed up and also the attachments didn't come.
So there was no offense meant to you although your post makes it seems like you did take hell of a lot of offense to that.

Quote:

Why, even for the Tolly display, where I couldn't make it sadly since I had planned to take adkol's Citroen (poor thing blew it's really old head gasket), the restorer offered to let me drive any of his cars to the display-now that is saying something!

Needless to say, I politely declined simply because I would be a nervous wreck to drive any of his superbly finished cars

Regards
Prithvi
I got that offer last year for the statesman and the tolly show and this year again for both. Although this year i was not their for any of the events. Next year you might just see me in one of his cars .

Anyway here are the pictures of the sketch and something that shows some bits of body being fabricated and the car being painted. Pics: Classic MG cars in India-img00547201204111715.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02206.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02278.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02377.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02401.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02403.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc02405.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
LOL...who is this mystery "restorer"
Any guesses ? A friend you keep asking me about. And with whom there was alot of bad blood on team bhp.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 12th April 2012 at 12:20.
IndrojitSircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 10:41   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Spot i am sure you would . That response was from my phone so the quote and un-quote got abit messed up and also the attachments didn't come.
So there was no offense meant to you although your post makes it seems like you did take hell of a lot of offense to that. pleasee

Any guesses ? A friend you keep asking me about. And with whom there was alot of bad blood on team bhp.
Hi Sparky,

What makes you think I took offense to your post? In fact I thanked you for sharing the work since obviously the restorer himself doesn't wish to do so since as you mention that there had been some unfortunate exchanges in the past between other members and him.

I merely stated that I knew about what you had written about just to highlight that someone else on the forum has also actually seen the work and that the restorer is as generous to offer to drive any of his cars, that's all. There's nothing more meant in my post and certainly not anything directed towards you.

I had the good fortune to visit his workshop with your father when the restorer was still studying abroad and his father was alive at the time and he left an indelible impression on me with reference to his work.

Just as his son is doing now, I saw meticulous sketches of what he wanted the final result to be-the pattern of the upholstery, the way the hides should be cut and so many other details. From the few times that I met him, it quickly dawned on me that he was absolutely devoted to his cars, spending the entire day at the workshop (if you can call it that, with the sofas etc, it's more like a living room) and guiding and keeping a sharp look out at the 'karigars' in every aspect of the restorations. It was just brilliant.

Please do showcase the other restorations if you can.

Best Regards
mbz180
Old 15th January 2013, 11:07   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this lovely MGB cabrio the other day. Peak afternoon Mumbai heat coupled with smoky traffic and such a low convertible car - I honestly can't say I would enjoy the drive under these conditions! Car looked totally fit though.

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-05.jpg

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-07.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:58   #216
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this MG TD outside Fiat Caffe in New Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc07256.jpg  

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc07258.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:45   #217
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi //M, Thats not an MG - its a TD2000. A Malaysian replica of the MG.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ed-td2000.html

Last edited by v12 : 3rd June 2013 at 23:47.
Old 4th June 2013, 19:00   #218
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hi //M, Thats not an MG - its a TD2000. A Malaysian replica of the MG.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ed-td2000.html
Oops my bad. Yes its a TD2000. I suppose it has a Toyota engine under the hood.
Old 14th December 2013, 20:09   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not know if we have seen this car before. Maybe it even belongs to a fellow BHPian!

Courtesy:Vintage Minor Register

Details as posted: D Type, 1931; Chassis D0401.

Pics: Classic MG cars in India-hyderabad-mg-d-type-1931-ax964-chassis-d0401.jpg

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/
travancore is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 17:30   #220
BHPian

Here's a 1955 MG Magnette ZA from my family's collection. I was surprised to see another one on this thread. The Magnette club in UK had told me mine was the only entry from India. Would be interesting to know how many more are around.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Classic MG cars in India-img_4070.jpg  

manishk123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 23:27   #221
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A lovely MG C GT from Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc08018.jpg  

Last edited by //M : 30th December 2013 at 23:29.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 10:13   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
A lovely MG C GT from Delhi.
That's probably an MG B GT, the C had a hump on the bonnet for external differentiation. Quite a nice looking car, with a typical period colour. Nice catch.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 12:11   #223
Senior - BHPian

A friend sent me this image of an MG in Jaipur. Not very clear so I presume its a saloon and of 1965-67 . Neat car but no numberplate

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Classic MG cars in India-dsc_0244.jpg  

kasli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 15:52   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
A friend sent me this image of an MG in Jaipur. Not very clear so I presume its a saloon and of 1965-67 . Neat car but no numberplate

Cheers
Can you let me know where he clicked the picture
Old 21st January 2014, 22:36   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
A friend sent me this image of an MG in Jaipur. Not very clear so I presume its a saloon and of 1965-67 . Neat car but no numberplate Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
Can you let me know where he clicked the picture
Both of you are jokers. Haha.
Kartikeyal will know this car in his city, this "unique" car is often seen on the road over there. I was in Jaipur for a wedding in the beginning of December. One afternoon I was resting while my wife went shopping, she told me about a blue car she saw. I called the owner and asked him whether he was in a certain area, he was zapped as I had not told him that I will be in Jaipur. Subsequently I explained my location.
The point which I am trying to make is that ALL in Jaipur know this car, and our Kasli who received this photo from a "friend" has actually sat in this car and was driven around by the owner. Need I say more?

Cheers harit

I wonder if this post will also get three "Thanks" ROTFL

Last edited by harit : 21st January 2014 at 22:46.
harit is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks