Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 14:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Just a question and that is when was the picture taken and by whom?
Indrojit.

There is a date stamp on the picture and I am sure its accurate. The pic was taken by a well known car collector called Ajit.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Indrojit.

There is a date stamp on the picture and I am sure its accurate. The pic was taken by a well known car collector called Ajit.

The stamp shows a date in 2004.Now one thing is sure and that it looks like a replica.The body is more or less same in the original and the replica.Now is it possible that it was TD and due to missing parts it was made to look like a replica?That's the only thing i could think of and the car has the original number on it.What do you guys think?

Wasif how about checking with Mr. Ajit about the car and somne mystries might be revealed?
Old 8th February 2010, 17:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

Indrojit this car was officially imported into Delhi some years ago and is a Malaysia replica she was available for sale at some 21 odd lacs and was brough in to test the market she crtainley is the malay replica cheers

BTW I have seen ton's of cars come to shows with fake plates I would say a good 40% of all Vintage & classics in India come to shows with fake plates due to many many reasons

Last edited by canonball : 8th February 2010 at 17:26.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Indrojit this car was officially imported into Delhi some years ago and is a Malaysia replica she was available for sale at some 21 odd lacs and was brough in to test the market she certainley is the malay replica cheers

BTW I have seen ton's of cars come to shows with fake plates I would say a good 40% of all Vintage & classics in India come to shows with fake plates due to many many reasons
Ok but this car is a 90's car so we can't really say its a vintage or a classic.But the mystry is still unsolved that how has it got a AP number plate even if it was imported to delhi.Any more details on this car?
Old 8th February 2010, 18:08   #110
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you should trace the car as its most llikely to still be in Delhi and then you can get the owner to spill the beans on this.

My whoke premise was the reg being genuine. If that is a vanity plate then maybe its a replica cause I am not aware of any such MG that used to be from Hyderabad.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you should trace the car as its most llikely to still be in Delhi and then you can get the owner to spill the beans on this.

My whoke premise was the reg being genuine. If that is a vanity plate then maybe its a replica cause I am not aware of any such MG that used to be from Hyderabad.

Fine i'll try and speak to a few people and see if i get to know anything.In the mean time if you or someone can speak to Mr.Ajit who clicked the pic it would be a bit easier then to track it.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 8th February 2010 at 18:13.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:

If I am not wrong this particular car was imported by Mr.Rajinder Kashyap, of Kashyap Motors, New Delhi. In fact, his TD came for one of HMCI rallies, if I remember correctly the ESPN -STAR SPORTS -Drive to Jaypee Greens in Jan,2007. I am not aware the present whereabouts of the car. In case I am able to locate some photographs I shall upload the same.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th February 2010 at 15:11. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:24   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
If I am not wrong this particular car was imported by Mr.Rajinder Kashyap, of Kashyap Motors, New Delhi. In fact, his TD came for one of HMCI rallies, if I remember correctly the ESPN -STAR SPORTS -Drive to Jaypee Greens in Jan,2007.
In which case, I may be mistaken about this being a replica, since that wouldn't be allowed in a vintage & classic car rally. Sorry about my earlier post wrt this not being an original MG.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
In which case, I may be mistaken about this being a replica, since that wouldn't be allowed in a vintage & classic car rally. Sorry about my earlier post wrt this not being an original MG.
You were absolutely correct about the MG being a replica. This replica was imported by Mr.Kashyap and it did not come in the category of Vintage or Classics. Mr.Kashyap had joined the drive in this car, which was a replica.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
You were absolutely correct about the MG being a replica. This replica was imported by Mr.Kashyap and it did not come in the category of Vintage or Classics. Mr.Kashyap had joined the drive in this car, which was a replica.
Mr. Kashyap once had a plan to market the said car in India as per one of the Car Magazines in that era.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:35   #116
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Do keep in mind that Indian collectors are notorious for grafting false number plates/RC's onto cars which lost their originals. Its highly likely this car may have received such a reg
Old 10th February 2010, 10:38   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Do keep in mind that Indian collectors are notorious for grafting false number plates/RC's onto cars which lost their originals. Its highly likely this car may have received such a reg
Especially in the case of a replica/kit car being imported. The legal channels are terrifying, many would opt for swapping current valid books onto such a project.

Ever notice that all the Chinakaras (sold as brand new cars) sport registrations from the 60s?
Old 10th February 2010, 10:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Especially in the case of a replica/kit car being imported. The legal channels are terrifying, many would opt for swapping current valid books onto such a project.

Ever notice that all the Chinakaras (sold as brand new cars) sport registrations from the 60s?
Well that is because of our System. It's lot easier to make and register a bike or a car in USA. in India you just can't do that. The Chinakaras actually uses a modified Herald Chassis as a backbone . So might be the registration and chassis no's are comming from there.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:43   #119
Team-BHP Support

Gents, lets please try to stick to the topic of MG Cars In India. Thanks.
Old 17th March 2010, 17:05   #120
BHPian

MG TC parts catalogue

Quote:
I think all MG TC's come with an aluminium tappet cover and brake drums.

The aero screens were also a popular option. Not so sure about the "brooklands steering wheel"

Do post a like to where you found this information.

I have a parts cataloge for the TC if anyone here is interested in a copy do let me know.
Hi this is Damasthebiker I m quite new here - I am about to start the restoration of my MG TC it would be of great help if you could post a copy of the parts cataloge
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks