View Poll Results: Ford Ecsoport Ecoboost vs Used Skoda Yeti vs Hyundai ix25
Ford Ecosport Ecoboost 79 62.20%
Used Skoda Yeti 19 14.96%
Wait for Hyundai ix25 29 22.83%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 21:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good Drivers car for City and highways (under 13L)

You will not get the steering feel of that previous gen fiesta in any car other than the Punto Abarth. All current gen cars with electric steering lack the connect of a pure hydraulic unit present in previous gen cars.

I suggest you get the Punto or linea if you care primarily about handling and steering feel.
Old 8th March 2016, 21:36   #137
BHPian

@Ramharis : Fiat Linea emotion ticks all boxes for you except side curtain airbags. And now Fiat has issued an ECU map for the diesel version which has made the car as agile and lively as the Tjet. Fiat has a strong base in south and service should not be a problem which in any case is required once in a year or 15,000 kms. Its the best car in C2 segment as far as build quality, riding and driving dynamics are concerned.

P.S. No other car will provide you the feedback as the Lineas hydraulic power steering will do. Its way ahead.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:04   #138
BHPian

Punto Abarth for performance. Renault Duster for the ride. S-Cross 1.6 for both.

P. S. Don't go on brand names. You never know what may surprise you .

Last edited by emperorofindia : 8th March 2016 at 22:05.
emperorofindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 13:15   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
My current choices,
1. Ford Ecosport Titanium or Titanium +
2. Volkswagen Vento Highline
3. Fiat Linea Emotion

Companies I like to stay away are Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Hyundai and Skoda. I know most of the cars on road are from those companies, but I dont like the way they built the cars, very flimsy.

Budget : 11 to 13 Lakhs (can extent a bit)
Mileage: not very keen on it, anything more than 13/14 is acceptable

To sum it all up, Iam looking for a car that can take on the All New Fiesta.
Fiesta is the king as far as I see it. Go for the car, perform a proper inspection and check everything before buying it since it may have been lying in stockyards for a few months. I can help define how to inspect such a car if need be just shoot a pm If you don't want the Fiesta then go for the Linea obviously. Vento's steering feels very loose and while it is precise, it lacks feedback and feels a bit too over-assisted. The fact that the center console restricts the movement of your left leg, makes long drives in shorts or rev-matching, a pain. Ecosport is nice but at the end of the day it is a tall boy and physics cannot be defied. High speed maneuvers will be more dangerous than in a sedan
Old 9th March 2016, 15:12   #140
BHPian

Re: EcoSport VS the Rest of the World

Well I could get one answer from all the replies, Vento isn't much of a drivers car. Let me take that out of the equation.
Linea is turning out be a strong contender. I like hydraulic steering if tuned correctly.

@emperorofindia: No not the punto, I feel the steering and driver seat are not aligned properly. Feel like Iam not sitting straight/parallel to the road. Iam just not comfortable with Punto's seating and steering arrangement. Duster is a good option, with the refresh it looks good now, but its way over my budget. And S-cross, sorry there is nothing interesting in the car, its neither a downsized SUV nor an upsized hatchback. There is no territory that the car belongs to.

This weekend, will test drive the Linea and Ecosport, probably look at Rapid as well (just as a consideration).
Old 16th March 2016, 23:40   #141
fry

How about a Ecosport EcoBoost 1.0 with 156 BHP & 258 Nm?
Does that change anyones mind?

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?m...2&variant=3214
All courtesy of Superchips who are officially in Mumbai via N1 Racing!

I personally love a quiet & clean smelling petrol engine over a noisy stinky diesel and I simply can't afford the Yeti myself.
Fiat's sales and support Team have let me down - the abarth avventura has let me down a bit too.

Has anyone remapped the Ecosport yet?
Cheers!

Last edited by fry : 17th March 2016 at 00:06. Reason: words
Old 18th March 2016, 17:40   #142
oss
BHPian

Have you looked at Creta? There are not a lot of choice in the 10-15 lakh segment, thanks to the sub 4m length and most of the cars getting bunched under 10 lakhs.

S-Cross could have been a choice, but somehow i am not able to bring myself up to spending 14 lacs on Zeta 1.6L, and own a car that has no road presence what so ever. Forget snob value, general public are not even aware such a product exists.

Creta though is extremely overpriced now, seems to be the only choice available, other than S-cross if you can get over the looks of it...
Old 25th May 2016, 20:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga diesel price cut by upto Rs. 68,000 in Delhi/NCR

I am in the market for a car, the needs are limited so standard 5 seat configuration is what I am looking at. Please don't get confused by the final 2 contenders

- Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium (O)
- Ciaz SHVS ZDi+

Both:

- Almost similar price point about 10.6 Lac on road
- Similar list of gadgets (few plus and minuses here an there between two machines)
- One has diesel hybrid and other petrol with turbo charger and direct injection (new technologies)

Differences:
- I am allowed to drive SHVS on odd-even as it is registered as diesel-hybrid
- Ecosport is more involving and intuitive while driving
- I presume Ecosport is safer compared to Ciaz (please correct me if I am wrong)
- I am not sure of long term reliability of Ecoboost whereas SHVS Diesel is tested Fiat motor

Need help from the forum.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:20   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I am in the market for a car, the needs are limited so standard 5 seat configuration is what I am looking at.
To me, the diesel is the most impressive motor in the EcoSport, so I'll compare the EcoSport Diesel to the Ciaz Diesel.

Buy the Ciaz only if:

- Driving on odd/even days is important to you.
- You need the back seat space. The Ciaz is very s-p-a-c-i-o-u-s at the rear and can easily carry 5.

If these two aren't high up the priority list, then the EcoSport 1.5L TDCi. It's a lot more enjoyable to drive than the Ciaz.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:28   #145
Senior - BHPian

You have to ask prioritize yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Differences:
- I am allowed to drive SHVS on odd-even as it is registered as diesel-hybrid
If you're using your car for your daily commute and your workplace:
  • Is far from your home
  • Can't be reached easily with public transport/carpooling

you may want to buy the Ciaz.

Quote:
- Ecosport is more involving and intuitive while driving
- I presume Ecosport is safer compared to Ciaz (please correct me if I am wrong)
These two points are true if you're buying Titanium (o) with the six airbags. (Let's not comment on body structures)

I think the Ecoboost should be reliable engine, repairs maybe a little more (in comparison with the DDiS) expensive as parts are imported from Germany.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 22:52   #146
BHPian

Between Ecosport AT and Creta petrol AT which one will be better as a daily drive in city with occasional twice a year outstation trips for my better half?
Old 1st August 2016, 19:38   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Between Ecosport AT and Creta petrol AT which one will be better as a daily drive in city with occasional twice a year outstation trips for my better half?
I can vouch for the Ecosport AT having now used it for 18000+ kms. But for that stiff suspension which can make for pretty uncomfortable moments if driven over largish humps at speeds, it is an excellent city commuter as also a decent 'highway man'.
I haven't driven the Creta Petrol AT so can't really comment but I feel it will have a far plusher ride apart from being much roomier.
I suspect on the FE front there wouldn't much to choose.
On the safety front the Ecosport is pretty much loaded and I think, would score over the Creta. It is also cheaper by a few lacs.
It therefore finally boils down to your specific priorities/requirements.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 01:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Technology wise Ecosport At with DCT is much more advanced than Creata AT having a Torque converter. However Torque converters are known for their reliability.
IMHO Creata AT (specially petrol) will be very bad on mileage, should not expect anything more than 8 or 9 in city driving. CVT and DCT are fuel efficient in comparison to Torque converters.
Cost wise also, Ecosport AT is almost 3.5 lakhs cheaper.
Old 22nd September 2016, 02:25   #149
BHPian

Is an update to Ecosport expect in near future, if yes, by when.

What all changes could be expected?
Old 30th September 2016, 22:30   #150
BHPian

I like how the thread started comparing Ecosport and Verna as I am in the same place right now. Is there anyone who's driven both the Ecosport and the 2016 updated Verna? Does one feel better than the other if the drive is only within the City out of which a good chunk will be on the currently pathetic bumpy 'pot-holey' roads of Hyderabad?

I also see how people have great things to say about the Linea but I rarely see any on the roads. Has anyone driven or TD'd the new Linea 125s? Smooth driving over broken roads along with good back support is my major requirement in the budget bracket that these cars belong to. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by komalthecoolk : 30th September 2016 at 22:31. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks