Ford Ecosport Ecoboost 79 62.20%
Used Skoda Yeti 19 14.96%
Wait for Hyundai ix25 29 22.83%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 21:20   #46
BHPian

Re: New Ecosport Titanium Diesel vs 2nd Hand XUV W6

My usage is mostly city driving with a ratio close to 75%-25% but things to consider are that I live with my parents and I have two small kids. Also we already own a Swift D(Mine), Santo Xing(Dad's) and Accent Viva 1.6 P(Wifey's).

With the addition of the new car the Swift will go to Dad, the Accent will get a CNG and will be with me and the XUV to Wifey @ home. It will mainly be used as a Family trip car, a weekend car, a getaway car for nearby hill stations. Also My wife goes to her parents place every fortnight alone with the kids in NCR which is about 44 KMs away. Though she is a good driver but with Kids alone in a MUV is less scarier then Kids in a Accent.

Last edited by Switch : 19th August 2013 at 21:24.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
and the XUV to Wifey @ home.
You answered your own question

Well your situations calls for XUV. Go for it, nothing is niggle free ( i owned Ford Fiesta for 6+ years ).
Old 19th August 2013, 22:43   #48
BHPian

As others have already mentioned, since you already know the background of the second-hand vehicle and especially you know the owner too, XUV is the final verdict. With regards to how both the vehicles drive, try them yourself after all why are demo vehicles there in dealerships Waiting for your ownership thread soon.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:58   #49
BHPian

Why not ask your friend for any existing niggles with the XUV? Or, you would also be familiar with them as, it's your buddies vehicle. If, they are small in nature and not a deal-breaker, XUV its is!

I seriously think that XUV has a much meaner design and snob value when compared directly against the Ecosport. Combine it with the ample space inside, family outings will be more fun (why not ! The experience will never be the same in an Ecosport due to the limited space).

Not forgetting the resale that XUV (expensive than the Ecosport) commands coupled with the benefit of your friend continuing to be the owner (as per records), it's a no brainer!

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 20th August 2013 at 12:01.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:34   #50
BHPian

Re: EcoSport VS the Rest of the World

With a heavy heart I wish to inform that I have cancelled my Ecosport booking. There were no signs of delivery on the horizon and quite frankly I was fed up of this behavior.

More over after seeing a lot of Ecosports on the road, I simply can not justify 10 lakh for this car not in today's economic climate anyways.

So back to square one. Incidentally I really hope Ford wakes up and starts delivering at high speeds, there were two other guys cancelling on the day I sent my request. With money becoming tighter by the day, a lot of people will let go of such purchases, given the first sign of economic turmoil.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:31   #51
BHPian

What do you choose Verna or Ecosport ?

After a user of Getz CRDi for almost 4 years i changed my car to ford figo due to relocation and also we have a xylo for friends and family trips. There was a sudden feel, may be you can call it as middle age crisis, i felt the figo's power is not enough for my driving (110bhp vs 68 bhp)

I purchased a DieselTronic for my figo and within a month i got an idea of buying a new car with less money (company car lease) Since all my previous cars are directly owned by me i started calculating on the money which i could save in the car lease program it sounds great

Now i had decided to pickup a car which is atleast more than figo's spec (in terms of CC / BHP / Space)

I did a TD on Rapid, Vento, Verna and Ecosport

with the scary A.S.S of Skoda i decided to give up the Rapid and also the service cost (my bro paid some 18k for his first year service for his polo 1.6)

This being the similar case with the Vento and of course the interiors are good but not great (IMO) no offense on any of the owners also the hump in the rear seat which makes more of a 4 people car

Verna - Which has got a good interiors, attractive exteriors and also the same old beige (as like Getz) and good amount of power 128 ps and nice features -- So considering this by heart

Ecosport - a very well priced great mini SUV with nice ground clearance which made me to think about this

only point hindering is the more than 6 months waiting period and 91ps of power.

The problem started after i read more reviews in Hyundai official site (a person said my car lost control for unknown reason and crashed) (wallowing in high speed. etc..)

My requirement is that it should be Diesel, good in handling, maneuvering, and no boating (we already have a xylo )

Had it been you with similar thoughts what would you choose?

Verna or Ecosport ?
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:51   #52
BHPian

Re: What do you choose Verna or Ecosport ?

As an owner of Verna, I'd like to state the fact that if you want an enthusiasts car (with good handling et al), then exclude Verna. It's not meant for toiling around your favourite ghar section. And Ecosport? As per official review, even the Ecosport isn't that fun to drive. But if you've eliminated Rapid without even TDing it, then I'd advise you to do it once. Don't buy Verna if you want handling.You haven't mentioned body style. If you wish to go for a sedan only, then try Rapid or even the City. City is still a good all-rounder sedan. If you can go for hatches, then look at Swift or Punto. Swift is more agile, while Punto is dynamically accomplished.

Between Verna and Ecosport, and based on your requirements, I'd advise you go for Ecosport! Do keep us informed about your decision.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 3rd September 2013 at 13:55.
S@ndy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

I would say Ecosport. Never liked the verna. In Hyundai fable i like the Sonata. But Eco Sport is exceptionally good at highway.

I was driving a Jetta and must be easily doing 100-120. The EcoSport was no slouch and i was impressed with its stance specially on winding corners and flyovers. Didnt notice strain or struggle to take those curves at those speeds and braking was good as well.

To be honest, visually was impressed with that ECOSPORT. Not sure what model it was.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:00   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are in for a Diesel Sedan then nothing to beat the Vento and a petrol it is Honda City.

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:33   #55
BHPian

1. Verna Petrol - nothing to talk about regardless of power figures, doesn't FEEL that powerful in real life. Also the usual Hyundai issue with wallowing.
2. Ecosport Diesel - Not enough power to suit your needs. IMO, only Ecoboost makes sense, if at all.

Choices:

- Rapid or Vento if diesel, drive to feel which one is better for you. Especially NVH.
- Linea T-Jet if Petrol; if the Fiat badge scares, and you want better interiors, then City.

Last edited by Tats07 : 3rd September 2013 at 14:35.
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

For me Verna and Ecosport never comes to a choice for decision reason being both are different leagues. Do you actually need a mSUV parked near your MUV? A pleasant energetic sedan would complete your garage better in my opinion

However in Verna's segment, there are better choices especially when you are keen on handling. I know a guy who is repending his decision of upgrading from old Verna to new Verna, old one used to be far better is road mannersim. He got sold over new Verna from his good experaince of old Verna and the superb design along with features. Do check if your dealer has any irresistible offers on the Elantra, a better option if price comes in near shore to Verna.

Rapid and Vento are worth it, I do understand the 4 seat limitations though. Maintenence cost is a tad above to its competitors but Hyundai is also not so cheap now a days in terms of after sales services. Isn't the new Fiesta worth checking, its 90ps wouldn't turn you off. Maintenance cost of Ford is reasonable now.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:55   #57
BHPian

Verna or Ecosport? Hmm, well...haven't you answered your own query here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
My requirement is...good in handling, maneuvering, and no boating (we already have a xylo )
Need I say more?!

Nevertheless, since you heart needs convincing too, best for you to take an elaborate TD of Verna, just to be sure if you can sacrifice the handling part for those looks & features. The power anyway won't be put to its best use for want of handling.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 11:03   #58
BHPian

Thanks all for your inputs, i will take a TD once again on all Vento, Rapid, Verna and Ecosport
Old 6th September 2013, 13:27   #59
BHPian

Now there is no point waiting for Ecosport as the dealers trying to convince me to buy a non air-bag version which has 3 months waiting period, MPL ford (chennai) saying 9 months for Ecosport Diesel Titanium.

Given that i am re-thinking the Verna, Vento & Rapid,

As i read in most of the posts which says the verna's highway handling is not good,

I like to understand whether it is because of the softer suspension / The Protruding lines for fluidic designs which makes the car wallowy

My wife and I liked the verna comparing other two in terms of interiors.

After heard about the 18k service cost for my brothers Polo 1.6 i felt maintaining the German cars would take more (even if i calculate for 1 service per 10k propitiation)

Rapid, I liked it and the interiors are same as in vento, and the Service is not good so far

Dear BHPians, help me whether i can go for Verna. most of the verna owners saying that verna is good in highway too. (now HMP hyundai says they can offer only 4kms test drive as per their MD's instruction)

I normally drive atleast 18k per year which includes highway around 40 ~ 50 % @ 120 or more kmph speed.

Should i also think about Ertiga ?

Last edited by trtraj : 6th September 2013 at 13:29. Reason: adding Verna TD restriction
Old 6th September 2013, 13:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Now there is no point waiting for Ecosport as the dealers trying to convince me to buy a non air-bag version which has 3 months waiting period, MPL ford (chennai) saying 9 months for Ecosport Diesel Titanium.

Given that i am re-thinking the Verna, Vento & Rapid,

As i read in most of the posts which says the verna's highway handling is not good,

I like to understand whether it is because of the softer suspension / The Protruding lines for fluidic designs which makes the car wallowy

My wife and I liked the verna comparing other two in terms of interiors.

After heard about the 18k service cost for my brothers Polo 1.6 i felt maintaining the German cars would take more (even if i calculate for 1 service per 10k propitiation)

Rapid, I liked it and the interiors are same as in vento, and the Service is not good so far

Dear BHPians, help me whether i can go for Verna. most of the verna owners saying that verna is good in highway too. (now HMP hyundai says they can offer only 4kms test drive as per their MD's instruction)

I normally drive atleast 18k per year which includes highway around 40 ~ 50 % @ 120 or more kmph speed.

Should i also think about Ertiga ?
If you have a xylo, ertiga won't really impress, also it has a very underpowered engine. Otherwise being a maruti, it is quite sorted in other areas.

I am in a similar situation with you, If you read the initial pages, I started this thread because of the confusion.

I have cancelled my Ecosport booking for want of space, power and at 10 lakes it simply does not justify. I too drive a Figo currently.

My plan is this in less than 6 months the auto expo will take place. In this the Honda City and Jazz will be launched with diesel engines. Plus the new corolla is coming next year. There are many new cars coming so unless you are in an emergency, I would say wait.

Moreover with the cost of Dollar, all cars will face an increase in price. Wait for this yo end and get a bargain.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks