Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 11:31   #91
D4D
BHPian

Re: City Petrol Vs Ecosport Ecoboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul26 View Post
Some Important Points :
1. Planning to keep the car for at least 10 yrs. So reliability, availability of spares and ASS is important.
2. Monthly running is low. Around 200 KM per month.
3. Max Budget is 10L
4. Father is fond of driving but recently he suffered heart attack and coupled with other diseases like Parkinson’s he is now not as strong as he used to be. When driving, either he will be accompanied by me or he will be driving only for short distances of 5 to 10 KM.
Things will be easy for him if car is easy to drive, park and has high seating.
5. Mum’s requirements are space and ride comfort.
6. I want a pure fun to drive car.
  1. You're running definitely needs a petrol car
  2. If you're parents are going to drive the car, look at ATs
  3. Ride quality-nothing beats Duster/Terrano. Look at the petrol versions. Slightly underpowered, but have terrific handling. Also, have inconsistent ASS.
  4. Try Liva TRD sportivo with 1.5 l petrol enigne
  5. City is not the best handler out there
  6. Ecosport AT with DCT would be the best choice
  7. Also look at Polo TSI
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 12:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: City Petrol Vs Ecosport Ecoboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul26 View Post
3 people in family, everyone has different requirements
Anshul,

Thats a dilema. Its clear that your car would be a petrol driven. Amongst the short listed cars you have addressed the requirement of your parents but not yours.

Ecosport is ideal for your dad - easy to drive, smaller turning radius, lots of gizmos.
Honda City is ideal for your mom from the rear seating comfort and ride quality is concerned.
But alas City is not a FTD ride for you. Dont know your definition of FTD but I would have suggested a T-Jet here.

My suggestion from shortlisted cars - Ecosport
My personal suggestion - opt for Fiat T-jet. You will redefine FTD.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 10:00   #93
BHPian

I know some people may kill me for this but I want to compare Ecoaport titanium vs new elite i20 asta. I had booked my ecosport over an year ago and loved it when it was first launched. The new i20 looks to be more spacious having better interiors than the ecosport. The difference in price is almost 2 lakh rupees and I would like to know from owners is it worth spending extra on the ecosport or am I better going in for the i20. Car will be mostly used inside NCR with short 100-200 km highway runs occasionally. Already have a fortuner for long runs. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:14   #94
BHPian

Re: EcoSport VS the Rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I know some people may kill me for this but I want to compare Ecoaport titanium vs new elite i20 asta. I had booked my ecosport over an year ago and loved it when it was first launched. The new i20 looks to be more spacious having better interiors than the ecosport. The difference in price is almost 2 lakh rupees and I would like to know from owners is it worth spending extra on the ecosport or am I better going in for the i20. Car will be mostly used inside NCR with short 100-200 km highway runs occasionally. Already have a fortuner for long runs. Thanks for your help in advance.
ToyotaFan it's a valid question. I was comparing the 2 as well. Have just entered the market looking to replace my wife's Swift Zxi. I test drove the Ecosport and the Elite i20. The Ecosport Ecoboost was much better to drive than the i20, or I should say a lot more fun to drive.

I chose to plonk the extra dough on the Ecosport largely for the better safety kit and its engaging drive.
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
ToyotaFan it's a valid question. I was comparing the 2 as well. Have just entered the market looking to replace my wife's Swift Zxi. I test drove the Ecosport and the Elite i20. The Ecosport Ecoboost was much better to drive than the i20, or I should say a lot more fun to drive.

I chose to plonk the extra dough on the Ecosport largely for the better safety kit and its engaging drive.
The only reason I am not contemplating an ecosport Petrol is because of its low sales and a complex engine. I am not sure if ford will be able to provide good enough support for the ecoboost. Another concern is the pathetic resale value of Ford petrols. Can you let me know the approximate waiting period for the car? I had heard that ecoboost allocations for India has almost stopped altogether before. Is the supply better now?
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
The only reason I am not contemplating an ecosport Petrol is because of its low sales and a complex engine. I am not sure if ford will be able to provide good enough support for the ecoboost. Another concern is the pathetic resale value of Ford petrols. Can you let me know the approximate waiting period for the car? I had heard that ecoboost allocations for India has almost stopped altogether before. Is the supply better now?
Think the supply is better, depending on your color choice you could get one from 3 weeks to 2 months if you choose the titanium option. I wanted a white which is being made available in 2 weeks. Have given the booking amount last week.

For me the resale is not a deal breaker, plan to keep the car for at least 5 years. Believe in new technology and from all the reviews that I have read and my own test drive I am comfortable with the Ecoboost.
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:32   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think Ecosport re-sale may not be a big concern compared to others. Mainly because, the SUV emotion factor would give your higher resale even for petrol. With the ever reducing gap between petrol and diesel pricing, resale should only improve.
Old 7th September 2014, 13:02   #98
BHPian

I am looking at an automatic car below 11 lakh in Delhi mainly for city run and short highway runs 100-200kms. The two options I can think of are Ecosport AT and CITY SV CVT. Which car is better to drive? Back seat space and boot space not a big concern.
Old 7th September 2014, 20:45   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
In the mean time I also checked some other cars mainly the Verna, Elantra, City and the Vento.

The Verna was a real surprise, it was fully loaded and very spacious and both the Diesel and petrol 1.6's were great to drive as well. More over this is also around the same price as the Ecosport but has tonnes of more space. With the drivers seat adjusted for my size, I could still comfortably sit behind the driver.

Same with City and Vento and yes these two had less features but space wise they were really good.
Here is my take on the confusion.
1. Go for pseudo SUV like Eco sport only if you wanted to own and drive an SUV and were unable to purchase real SUVs like CRV, XUV,Safari. Real SUVs are expensive and beyond reach of many. Ford Ecosport is a good cheap alternative. Although it's a pseudo SUV but when you drive it, it gives you the feeling of SUV. Its not just a raised hatch.

2. Don't compare it to Sedans. It will only add to confusion. Reason?
You need to understand that Ecosport is overpriced and ford is having very healthy margins even on base models. It is sub 4 meter in length still costing 10L+ Where as sedans (Which are paying heavy taxes) are able to provided better features and costing more or less the same.

If you don't mind paying 1-2 lacks of rupees to Ford as premium then go for ecosport. Ecosport will make you smile. Owing a SUV gives more 'Ego Boost' than owning a sedan (pun intended).But if you want value for money go for sedan.
Old 14th December 2014, 23:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Buy Ecosport now or wait for alternative in 2015?

Hello evryone. I'm in big dilemma. My mind was always set on big SUVs like Scorpio/Safari but owing to parking constraints, I'm having to settle for mini-SUV. Now, it has to be an automatic and right now only mini-SUV with AT box is Ecosport.

Will 2015 bring in more choices? I have no faith in MUL because (A) they may not launch XA Alpha before 2017 and (B) even when they do, there may not be an AT and (C) even if there is, it may be that stone-age 4-speed which did duty from A-Star to Vitara. Hyundai's ix25 looks promising but at 1630 mm height, it will be considerably shorter than already-short Ecosport at 1708 mm. Also, Hyundai cars are no longer reasonably priced like they once were. So, I'm sure it will top Ecosport AT's price by at least a lakh. But then it may have push-button start and electric-folding ORVMs which the Ecosport does not have. I'm confused. Any suggestions? If Hyundai is launching in before March, then I can wait. Else, I have no option but to head for Ford.
Old 15th December 2014, 06:40   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buy Ecosport now or wait for alternative in 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Now, it has to be an automatic and right now only mini-SUV with AT box is Ecosport. Will 2015 bring in more choices? ... If Hyundai is launching in before March, then I can wait. Else, I have no option but to head for Ford.
Bear in mind that Ford India is carefully managing the EcoSport AT's supply, so even if you were to book it now, they will gather up a few orders and only then do a manufacturing run.

If you wish, you can pay the booking amount just to get your foot in the door, and then take a call a few weeks down the line, if you have better information then. Just check to see what the cancellation terms are, when you do the booking.

From the reports I've seen, the ix25 will be longer than 4m, so yes, it will be priced more like the Duster than EcoSport.
Old 15th December 2014, 07:02   #102
Team-BHP Support

High seating position and AT transmission are the only requirements? If then, Ecosport AT fits the bill. The front seats give you that nice big SUV feel. Rear seat is another story though!

BUT- As mentioned in the above post, Ford seems to be rather reluctant letting these vehicles go! While searching for our AT car (We finally bought the Xcent AT for parents), Ecosport AT was a top contender. However the dealer was not prepared to take the booking, not even answering calls to the dealership with anything more than rude one-liners. Even requests on the Ford website were answered after a good 6 months. Yes, months.

XUV 5OO AT is on it's way if rumours are to be believed. But I guess you have parking constraints.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 07:16   #103
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Considering there are just 15 days left in Dec 2014, unless you want to benefit from some discount deal and/ or benefit from depreciation, why not just hang in there for a bit until something nice and new pops up?
If you're not in a tearing hurry, then this short wait seems to me to be worth it!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 07:40   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Bear in mind that Ford India is carefully managing the EcoSport AT's supply, so even if you were to book it now, they will gather up a few orders and only then do a manufacturing run.

If you wish, you can pay the booking amount just to get your foot in the door, and then take a call a few weeks down the line, if you have better information then. Just check to see what the cancellation terms are, when you do the booking.
+1 to this. Considering the way ford supplies AT's, you are looking at a waiting period of few months. So you can make a booking and then wait and watch.
In any case based on your requirements there is nothing else out there. Only remote option is the ix25 and that too if it launches with a more modern AT box.
Old 15th December 2014, 09:54   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I'm having to settle for mini-SUV. Now, it has to be an automatic and right now only mini-SUV with AT box is Ecosport.

Will 2015 bring in more choices? I have no faith in MUL because (A) they may not launch XA Alpha before 2017 and (B) even when they do, there may not be an AT and (C) even if there is, it may be that stone-age 4-speed which did duty from A-Star to Vitara. Hyundai's ix25 looks promising but at 1630 mm height, it will be considerably shorter than already-short Ecosport at 1708 mm. If Hyundai is launching in before March, then I can wait. Else, I have no option but to head for Ford.
Both ix25 and S-cross are geared up for 2015 first half launches (expected in Feb and May 2015 respectively). So definitely more choices. But will there be Petrol AT? I think ix25 will come with AT for sure and I doubt for S-Cross's petrol AT box.

Both these cars are very identical in terms of dimensions, comparable to Duster:
S-Cross: Length - 4300mm, Width - 1535mm, Height - 1580mm, Wheelbase - 2600mm
iX25: Length - 4270mm, Width - 1780mm, Height - 1630mm, Wheelbase - 2590mm

I personally like the low height of these cross overs. This will help us to get best of both worlds (handling of sedan and more GC of SUV). S-Cross and ix25 are true cross overs unlike pseudo Polo/etios/i20 cross overs.
Hope this helps!
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks