Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 07:34   #3211
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The car has not yet reached dealer yard. it was supposed to get there this weekend.
I was planning to run a PDI check before I handover the cheque and give a go ahead for registration.

I will give VW a few days to come out with a detailed statement regarding the issue and the fix.
If nothing happens by next week, I will cancel the booking and go some where else.
Here is the reason for holding back Sep Manufactured vehicles -

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...dbrake-1229896
Old 9th October 2015, 07:56   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Here is the reason for holding back Sep Manufactured vehicles -

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...dbrake-1229896
To be fair there has been no delay. I was expecting the car to land this week, and SA has confirmed that it will land this weekend. Fingers crossed. Even if the the car had arrived 10 days back, I would have delayed the delivery to Navratri, so I really don't mind the delay of a few days (even if there is any).
Old 10th October 2015, 11:03   #3213
Senior - BHPian

I had booked my Ford Figo Aspire from Cauvery Ford Mangalore, Karnataka, on 9th September and had asked for delivery in October - latest by 21st October. Now they are saying that this would not be possible as the Ambinete (base) model production is not on priority. And they are suggesting that I either take the higher Trend model or the new Figo instead.

I really need the car before the 21st - so what recourse do I have to get the delivery on time.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:52   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I had booked my Ford Figo Aspire from Cauvery Ford Mangalore, Karnataka, on 9th September and had asked for delivery in October - latest by 21st October. Now they are saying that this would not be possible as the Ambinete (base) model production is not on priority. And they are suggesting that I either take the higher Trend model or the new Figo instead.

I really need the car before the 21st - so what recourse do I have to get the delivery on time.
Try out a different dealer, if they have in stock ? Though this is mostly expected seeing the Navratra Festival season. If not possible, maybe you can postpone for Diwali delivery ie. if you can postpone ?
Old 10th October 2015, 13:40   #3215
BHPian

Quote:

Check out a different branch of Cauvery Ford, quick search shows they have three branches in Mangalore. You could also try & ask them to shift your booking to their branch at Mysore or Shivamogga if they have the variant you want in stock & if it is really urgent.

If you don't mind foregoing the extra 100liters of boot space why don't you check out the Figo perhaps the Trend variant maybe on par with Aspire Ambiente.

Last edited by Shanksta : 10th October 2015 at 13:42.
Old 10th October 2015, 13:57   #3216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Check out a different branch of Cauvery Ford, quick search shows they have three branches in Mangalore. You could also try & ask them to shift your booking to their branch at Mysore or Shivamogga if they have the variant you want in stock & if it is really urgent.

If you don't mind foregoing the extra 100liters of boot space why don't you check out the Figo perhaps the Trend variant maybe on par with Aspire Ambiente.
Its 2 outlets of the same dealer.
And figo would not be an upgrade for me. There is also the problem with the rear headroom.

Anyway, they called me after I posted this on Facebook and offered to speak to the dealer. The dealer called me 10 min later and offered me the orange colour instead of ingot silver. But that colour is not acceptable to any one in the family.
So my problem is still not solved.
Old 10th October 2015, 16:08   #3217
BHPian

Booked Last week :

Make : Mahindra
Model : Thar
Variant : 2.6 CRDE
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 7th October
Color : Fiery Black
Delivery Date : 4-5 weeks waiting
Dealer & City : Astro Mahindra Jammu
Freebies : none as of now. Will haggle during delivery
Old 10th October 2015, 20:08   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Its 2 outlets of the same dealer.
And figo would not be an upgrade for me. There is also the problem with the rear headroom.

Anyway, they called me after I posted this on Facebook and offered to speak to the dealer. The dealer called me 10 min later and offered me the orange colour instead of ingot silver. But that colour is not acceptable to any one in the family.
So my problem is still not solved.
What about Metro Ford, Bangalore ? You can ring them up and ask them if they have a silver ambiente (petrol/diesel?) in stock. I am only suggesting this since your are keen on getting the car by 21st!
Old 11th October 2015, 07:40   #3219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
What about Metro Ford, Bangalore ? You can ring them up and ask them if they have a silver ambiente (petrol/diesel?) in stock. I am only suggesting this since your are keen on getting the car by 21st!
I had been to Metro Ford 2 weeks back and they had a black colour car. I'll still call and check tomorrow. But then wouldn't it effect the service experience, as i have to depend on Cauvery Ford for that. Bangalore is 400 km away.
Old 11th October 2015, 11:06   #3220
BHPian

Not really. It doesn't matter where you bought the car from. I bought my car from Trident Hyundai and I have been going to Advaith Hyundai for the service.
Quote:
I had been to Metro Ford 2 weeks back and they had a black colour car. I'll still call and check tomorrow. But then wouldn't it effect the service experience, as i have to depend on Cauvery Ford for that. Bangalore is 400 km away.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 11:08   #3221
BHPian

Quote:

It won't. I bought my car in Chennai but all the services performed for the last 80k kms have been with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore. There is no rule that you need to service your car where you purchased it.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 13:09   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Whats with the 21st Oct deadline !?! which is forcing you to travel 400kms for car !

Compared, I visited 3 dealers, within a radius of 15kms, and all negotiation on phone. Finally would buy from nearest dealer with biggest deal
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:21   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Finally booked a FORD (Fun On Road Daily)

Make : Ford
Model : Figo Aspire
Variant : 1.5 TDCi Titanium
Booking Date :23/9/2015
Color : Smoked Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Dusshera (23rd Oct)
Dealer & City : Fortune Ford , Hyderabad
Freebies : Free 3rd Year Extended Warranty, Exchange Bonus of 10000
Others :
Safety Criteria : No compromise on Dual Airbags and ABS
The link "https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/no-claim-bonus-how-save-your-insurance-premiums-0" was quite helpful in reducing the insurance

Ownership details to follow soon....
Cancelled the Ford Figo Aspire booking with a heavy heart even though it was love at first sight. The launch of Ford Ecosport Facelift made it quite within reach and this was difficult to ignore.

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : 1.5 TDCi Titanium
Booking Date :09/10/2015
Color : Smoked Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Dusshera (23rd Oct)
Dealer & City : Fortune Ford , Hyderabad
Freebies : Significant as it is a Pre facelift Model.

Others :
Safety Criteria : No compromise on Dual Airbags and ABS

Ownership details to follow soon....
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:32   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post

Cancelled the Ford Figo Aspire booking with a heavy heart even though it was love at first sight. The launch of Ford Ecosport Facelift made it quite within reach and this was difficult to ignore.
Congrats dpkbehera on your switch, well quite literally only the shape varies !!

I may be wrong, but seems like you are the first BHPian to book the Ecosport Facelift on the forum. Please post the buying/ownership experience as & when they line up
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:36   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats dpkbehera
I may be wrong, but seems like you are the first BHPian to book the Ecosport Facelift on the forum.
Actually i booked a Pre Facelift. What i meant to say that the Ecosport Facelift in a way brought the prices down by a) Making ABS and Dual Airbags available in mid variant. b) Significant discounts on the Ecosport PreFacelift.
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks